• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Annie Awards - Gears 5 Nominated for Best Character Animation

CyberPanda

Banned
Gears 5 got Nominated by the prestigious Annie Awards. Kingdom Hearts 3 got a nomination as well.

dZxdVku.jpg

More about Annie Awards:

“The Annie Awards are accolades presented annually by the Los Angeles branch of the International Animated Film Association, ASIFA-Hollywood since 1972, to recognize excellence in animation in film and television.”

GymWolf

Gold Member
Are they talking about animation during cutscene or ingame??

Because if they are talking about ingame, i'm ready to laugh until 2025...

Who won the last edition of the "annie award" ? Crackdown 3 or ark??:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Are they talking about animation during cutscene or ingame??

Because if they are talking about ingame, i'm ready to laugh until 2025...

Who won the last edition of the "annie award" ? Crackdown 3 or ark??:ROFLMAO:
Cuphead won, and they were all hand drawn animations. Your entitled to your opinion, but Annie Awards a big deal in Hollywood. They’re not a joke like the VGA’s.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Cuphead won, and they were all hand drawn animations. Your entitled to your opinion, but Annie Awards a big deal in Hollywood. They’re not a joke like the VGA’s.

They are a joke to me if ingame animation from gears5 are nominated tbh.
I just hope they are talking about cutscene...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Like I said, you’re entitled to your opinion. The panel of judges that pick the nominations are experts. 🤗
Yeah i can imagine what degree of expertise they have to nominate that game for an animations awards...

They are 100% talking about cutscene...

There is no way that a game with ingame old gen clunky ass looking animations can even be nominated for an animation award...not in the same year of dmc5, sekiro or even lesser game tbh.

Last edited:

Not just Cuphead
Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation in a Video Game Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production Hanna Abi-Hanna – Cuphead – StudioMDHR Tina Nawrocki – Cuphead – StudioMDHR Chris Goodall, Jitaik Lim, Kirill Spiridonov – Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice – Ninja Theory Richard Oud, Kevin Quaid, Niek Neervens, Jonathan Colin, Peer Lemmers – Horizon Zero Dawn – Guerrilla Games Almundena Soria, Keith Paciello, Paul Augustus Davies – Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – Naughty Dog

CyberPanda

Banned
Not just Cuphead
Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation in a Video Game Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production Hanna Abi-Hanna – Cuphead – StudioMDHR Tina Nawrocki – Cuphead – StudioMDHR Chris Goodall, Jitaik Lim, Kirill Spiridonov – Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice – Ninja Theory Richard Oud, Kevin Quaid, Niek Neervens, Jonathan Colin, Peer Lemmers – Horizon Zero Dawn – Guerrilla Games Almundena Soria, Keith Paciello, Paul Augustus Davies – Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – Naughty Dog
Oops. On the website I linked, it put Cuphead in bold, and put WINNER beside it. I thought the rest were nominations underneath that, my bad.

CyberPanda

Banned
Yeah i can imagine what degree of expertise they have to nominate that game for an animations awards...

They are 100% talking about cutscene...

There is no way that a game with ingame old gen clunky ass looking animations can even be nominated for an animation award...not in the same year of dmc5, sekiro or even lesser game tbh.
In the nominees it says cinematic. So there you go.

ethomaz

Banned
No Death Stranding... how can I trust in that award?

Edit - Death Stranding explained the deadline was:

Friday, 11/1/2019
5PM deadline for Annie Award submissions (5:00 pm PST)

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Ummm The only reason this beats the other games this year is if the so called “expert” panel loves gears of war or MS otherwise theres animations in game for other games this year and cutscenes that beat gears....

Top Bottom