• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anonymous poster on Operation Sports reveals all about Joe Montana 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

This seems unlikely but possible to me. I have neither an Xbox One nor even a passing interest in football, but this could be a very interesting E3 if true. It would also probably push EA to partner with Sony more, which would be an interesting about-face after Titanfall and Garden Warfare, although steps in that direction seem to already be made with marketing deals switching from Xbox for BF4 to PS for Hardline.

TomShoe

Banned
Yea you know what happened to the other football game that was better than madden? It sold like shit even though it was cheaper and got bought out by ea.

Also joe Montana? lmao there's no chance

It'll sell like ass being XBO and PC exclusive, as well as being a new IP and going against the Goliath of Madden. The only question is how long MS is willing to stick with it despite poor sales. It might pick up if the quality of the game is much higher than Madden.

NickFire

If this is legit, I would bet its part of the marketing strategy. As much as MS would love to drop the megaton at E3, it would make better financial sense to build momentum now with the gap once again growing.

And I do hope this is legit. Whether or not it makes a significant and immediate impact on console sales, it will force EA to make Madden better. Too many Ones under US TV's for EA to ignore this when MS starts marketing the crap out of it.

Isn't Microsoft in bed with EA? I doubt they will mess with the relantionship by releasing a competitor to one of EA biggest franchises.

Spacebar

Madden was pretty solid last year. This game will need to come out of the gate swinging to have a chance. I hope it's decent so it pushes EA to do more though.

wildfire

Banned
Why would MS do an exclusive marketing deal with EA and then come out with this? That would be weird

Also, 2k involved? If thats true I'm jealous of x1 owners

MS has an exclusive marketing deal with EA? Well now I'm hoping this rumor is all the more true just to see if EA will "abandon" MS like they allegedly did with Nintendo over broken agreements.

From a Mod at OperationSports...

It would be nice if you provided a direct link.

After seeing how his daughter, Hannah Montana acts in public... i will never endorse or be a part of a Joe Montana product again.

Darker

Banned
HINT: Anything with the words 'so that you/us/we as gamers can unite/prepare/etc' is written by a man who regularly uses 'gamers' in a marketing context.

Paxem

Banned
So 3 months and they didn't even announce it? and it will make Madden looks like shit even tho this is their first game to develop at least from years? this seems like no where near truth and at best a cheap PR marketing

FX-GMC

After seeing how his daughter, Hannah Montana acts in public... i will never endorse or be a part of a Joe Montana product again.

images

Fitts

I assumed this would be a mobile game so anything above that surpasses my expectations.

I highly doubt that this will be a 2k revival but it would be awesome if it was. It would also make a lot of sense for Microsoft to get behind the license regardless of the game's quality.

I'd love for this to be true. Of course, then we'll have to endure EA's endless marketing trying to remind us of how Madden continues to "evolve" each and every year. By "evolve" I mean remake one feature, include one new tackle animation and of course, update the rosters.

Soooo... this is just BS then, right? Close the thread?

The game exist, but where it will show up and how big it will be is unknown.

Also
Some tech and manpower was purchased from 2K and is deeply incorporated into this game.

2k doesn't have to be making the game if they are using the bones of the 2k football engine. Look at some of the videos for all pro football 2k8 shit is still amazing today.

Another PR "string" ...cleverly disguised....
This. Always be skeptical of positive insider scoop, normally a plant or "part of the plan."

Having said that, stunt or not, it has my attention. I thought this was just going to be an iOS game with plenty of iap action. Guess we'll see.

I don't know if this is real or not.

I can only hope. Madden has been so stagnant for so long.

All I can do is hope. I miss the days where we had 4 different football releases, and we could choose which we wanted.

What blows my mind is a company like EA with all its resources churns out such a poor game every year.

Zach

The game exist, but where it will show up and how big it will be is unknown.

Also

2k doesn't have to be making the game if they are using the bones of the 2k football engine. Look at some of the videos for all pro football 2k8 shit is still amazing today.

Ah, got ya. And yeah, 2K5/2K8 have some animations that are still better than Madden. It's pretty sad.

Apathy

American centric thinking again will not win them the console wars. No one outside the US will care about an exclusive NFL game.

I don't know if this is real or not.

I can only hope. Madden has been so stagnant for so long.

All I can do is hope. I miss the days where we had 4 different football releases, and we could choose which we wanted.

What blows my mind is a company like EA with all its resources churns out such a poor game every year.

It because they don't have to. FIFA used to be meh until PES upped its game, EA they poured money into FIFA and we got a hell of a game from it.

Just need PES to make a comeback now to stop FIFA doing a Madden

SpotAnime

It may be a stretch, but there is precedent for a Microsoft/2K relationship. Remember that Microsoft sold their XSN sports properties (Amped, Links, Top Spin) to 2K way back. I'm sure there are still some folks in pace at 2K which may have helped with this deal.

gthobbes

Banned

EA blows most of its football development money on paying for the overpriced exclusive license, which EA bought to put its competition out of business. Aint much left over after that to pay for things like realistic ball physics, penalties, etc.

Personally, I can't wait for JMNFL16.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
EA blows most of its football development money on paying for the overpriced exclusive license, which EA bought to put its competition out of business. Aint much left over after that to pay for things like realistic ball physics, penalties, etc.

Maybe, though without numbers that's just conjecture. The real problem is EA has had no reason to improve the game much. That is why if this rumor is huge if true.

Arkage

Banned
I know you won’t believe me, but I can assure you this is accurate, and in time you will see these truths unfold. I feel you need to know so you can prepare as a gamer (save up money, make arrangements and plans, etc).

Well thank God!

*Saves money, arranges arrangements, plans plans*

Something about the amount of info in that post, and the tone and way it's worded, just reeks of bs to me. I don't doubt there are kernels of truth in there, like there really is a Montana game in development, but I remain skeptical. From my experience those kinds of "leaks" that include entirely way too much detailed information and have a fanboyish slant usually end up being bullshit.

jmizzal

Good thing is that we know a Football game is coming

What we dont know is true yet is if it has the NFL licenses, and if MS or 2K sports is developing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom