• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (Bioware/EA) sold 2 million units in its first week. The game sold 5 million units to date

Draugoth

Gold Member
GBrHP44W0AEopw9

Tsaki

The fact that that’s a failure these days is scary
If those sales were in the launch period at full price, I'd agree, but I've seen it for $5 brand new in stores. EA lost a lot of money on Bioware the last few years and if Dreadwolf is not a financial success I expect them to close the studio before Mass Effect goes into full production

Last edited:

Spyxos

Too bad it was a total flop. The 5 million probably only came about because it was almost given away for free. I had my fun with it.

ungalo

I bought it day one. I made so many terrible choices with this kind of games it's no wonder i just don't want to play any of them.

AJUMP23

Good first week sales but that drop off is pretty severe once word got around that the game was not worth the purchase.

violence

Was it the controversy over Mass Effect 3’s ending that caused the doctors, founders of the studio, to leave? The studio was never the same after that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This was a game that would’ve easily made itself great within one year of support and updates.

Had a lot of fun with it even in its launch state.

Flutta

Banned
Oh man i had alot of fun with that game. The Iron man flying was amazing. They shouldn't have given up on it so early and they might have had a massive success with it. What a waste..

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man Anthem was tragic. The flying and game play looked really cool! It just seemed like everything else surrounding that was kinda booty.

I wish bioware could have used the gameplay from Anthem in something else afterwards. It would have been nice to seem the flying battle mech reworked into better packaging.

RickMasters

Man Anthem was tragic. The flying and game play looked really cool! It just seemed like everything else surrounding that was kinda booty.

I wish bioware could have used the gameplay from Anthem in something else afterwards. It would have been nice to seem the flying battle mech reworked into better packaging.
Agreed. The flying and shooting was excellent. They should make an iron man game with the same controls and mechanics.

The game had some pretty graphics too. Shame it just fell so short. They should have just made it a story driven game with 4 player co-op and Forget the MMO-lite shit. It Would have worked out so much better for this game.

Codes 208

Not the kind of game BioWare should ever have made.
Titanfall meets destiny with a hint of division’s combat, it wasnt a bad idea…

On paper.

But when the game came out as a bug-ridden mess, with loading screens EVERYWHERE, i knew it was best to just play the games it took ques from.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
What the fuck? Who even liked this game? It got almost universally negative press. It was so unfinished, lacking content, and massively downgraded from the “actual game footage” initial reveal. They were going totally reboot it, until they had too many big name departures and canceled the relaunch.

Anthem was one of my all time biggest gaming disappointments. It looked so cool. Destiny style looter shooter with mechs and Iron Man style flying. And remember how the excuse for ME: Andromeda was that BioWare’s “A team” were all busy working on Anthem?

I didn’t even finish my free trial with Origin

Last edited:

stn

I want to buy it but I'm scared they'll kill the serves one day and it will be unplayable.

Saber

Gold Member
Its a garbage dry game, painted with a cover of cheap gold paint pretending to be the biggest game of all, just to fail miserably. Deserved every criticidm.

Pop

Guys you have to ignore the lifetime sales, irrelevant. Focus on that first week sales of 2 million. Pretty darn good.

The problem was the game was half baked and not at all ready. Didn't take a week for people to figure that out

TheMan

My biggest disappointment of last gen. The game had so much potential and they just couldn’t capitalize on it. Then they teased us for months with a possible 2.0 relaunch and that came to fucking nothing. Goddamn just give me a good Exosquad game

bender

What time is it?
Guys you have to ignore the lifetime sales, irrelevant. Focus on that first week sales of 2 million. Pretty darn good.

It doesn't seem like so long ago that selling a million units lifetime was a smashing success. The industry is a little fucked if 2 million full priced sales is one of the bigger failures from last generation

RoboEight

Unpopular opinion here but I loved this game and played it religiously. The game was a mess for sure but it had a lot of good things that I enjoyed. The combat was fun, the flying was a lot fun, story was pretty generic however. They had some really good seasonal events and the last up date with Cataclysm was great. There was a small community of us that stuck together and had a blast with the game and I was genuinely disappointed when they cancelled it I was hoping they could of turned it around but unfortunately they couldn't find anyone to lead the team it a concrete direction. Sadly to fix it they would have had to ditch Frostbite which given the sales wouldn’t have been worth the investment.

Top Bottom