• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (Bioware/EA) sold 2 million units in its first week. The game sold 5 million units to date

digdug2

Fuck EA for leaving this game out in the cold to die. They should've allowed BW to finish their rework, because this game honestly had good bones and they could have made it awesome.

PeteBull

The fact that that’s a failure these days is scary
Game was supposed to be microtransactions gaas shit genre, and 2m copies at launch isnt bad, just it didnt retain its players, 5m ltd sales arent big either if like mentioned many of them very heavy discounted xD

Compare it to their other gaas- apex legends- 50m players registered in first 28days, thats what can make them potential mtx big cash :p
Or compared it to 10m sales of jedi fallen order, thats at least solid non superdiscounted single player game that made srs cash.
Anthem didnt make neither of those goals, aka many milions copies sold at 60-70$ nor attain and keep big playerbase that can feed publisher with those mtx money :)
All in all let it rot in hell, maybe thx to its faulure we wont get (as) many gaas artrocies from sony or other big pubs :p

RoboEight

Fuck EA for leaving this game out in the cold to die. They should've allowed BW to finish their rework, because this game honestly had good bones and they could have made it awesome.
They could have gone F2P and tried something like Warframe does I think it could have worked but like I said in my last post they would have to get it off the frostbite engine because it definitely unstable. Thing is compared to most games that launch poorly I agree with you this had a lot more foundation then most.

The funniest part about Anthem is not that it totally sucked. The theming was pretty cool honestly and I liked the aesthetic look of it, the first person city, the enemies, the landscape.

The giant hurricane in the backgrounds was kinda shit and uninteresting though.

But anyway, the funniest part was that the giant 300ft water fall didn't even have an audio attached to it. If you stood at the base of it, it was just silent. That, and the fact that every time the flock of birds flew past you they made an obnoxious honking sound! Who tf thought that was a good idea!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom