• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any "Disciples" fans here? Disciples: Liberation is like a darker version of "King's Bounty" instead.

Basically they have turned the series into a dark "king's bounty". I am bittersweet about this. Disciples while having a huge amount of flaws has some great points to it as well. It wasnt really that popular even at its peak. I understand the need for a major shake up but why not atleast keep the best parts of Disciples games?

The best part of the previous game has been the overworld map, creature designs and and base building. It seems they have either completely removed or changed how this works in Liberation. I am still going to give it a shot but I feel a little sad. The previous games had something unique about them and now it is forever lost it seems.

Nikodemos

There was an older thread made circa February, when the first announcement trailer came out: Disciples: Liberation Announcement Trailer
Oh, and I think there's a thread for King's Bounty 2 as well, somewhere around here.

Disciples 3 was a bit of a dud, though less so due to the (admittedly huge) changes, and more due to the many bugs and some balance issues. They did a remaster of sorts (Reincarnation, IIRC), but it only partially fixed the complaints.

Rickyiez

Huge Disciples 2 fans here . Liberation looking good but the gameplay artstyle and UI leaves something to be desired . It's just a little cartoony in comparison to D2. Either way colored me interested to at least give it a try .

Last edited:
There was an older thread made circa February, when the first announcement trailer came out: Disciples: Liberation Announcement Trailer
Oh, and I think there's a thread for King's Bounty 2 as well, somewhere around here.

Disciples 3 was a bit of a dud, though less so due to the (admittedly huge) changes, and more due to the many bugs and some balance issues. They did a remaster of sorts (Reincarnation, IIRC), but it only partially fixed the complaints.

Did you play the original 2? The second video is a gameplay demo of this new game.

Huge Disciples 2 fans here . Liberation looking good but the gameplay artstyle leaves something to be desired , it's just a little cartoony to my taste in comparison to D2. Either way colored me interested to at least give it a try .

I wonder why it took so long for them to make a disciples 3. #2 was great even with its flaws.

Nikodemos

Did you play the original 2? The second video is a gameplay demo of this new game.
Yup, played both 1 and 2 (in fact, still have 1, with the widescreen mod).
What surprised me about the gameplay video was the narrator's French accent. Did the original team get the IP back? The first two Disciples games were made by French Canadians IIRC.
And yes, I can see where the comparisons with the first King's Bounty (series) come from. Skill trees which expand based on class, free-roam overworld, switching from horse to foot when underground etc.

Jag

Liked Disciples, but love Kings Bounty/HOMM. I'll be more than happy if it moves in that direction.

Top Bottom