• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 |OT| Don’t H8 When Fist Meets Fate

Crayon

So I like my new qanba gravity lever. It's very quiet. Try before you but, the feel of the switches should definitely put some people off. I like it, though.

Anyway it might be my imagination but I think the diagonals are feeling a little narrower than when I first got it... I installed it with the circle gate. I'm going to switch the gate. Square would obviously know it out but the octagon might benmore reveling to see. if its just me. I've never tried an octagonal gate anyway.

Crayon

I like the octagonal gate so far. I'm not noticing the detents consciously, but I think they are sort of standing in for the feel of normal switches, with this stick that click isn't there.

And it's totally stopped that feeling of the corners getting narrow.

I'm playing much better that last weekend. During evenings I go to practice and do a few combos an

Ps. Sorry wifi's. I cannot do this right now.

NT80

Harada's twitter rant regarding rising development costs as justification for scummy practises triggered me. He's claming T8 had three times higher budget than T7, yet T7 launched on consoles with more content, better netcode and better balance. He claims it costs a fortune keep up the Fight Lounge hubs yet who even asked for that shit? If server costs are so painful, who not just stick to Steam/PSN to do the work for you?

He claims games are so much better today but I'm convinced they haven't remastered T5DR because a huge chunk of players would just play that instead. He claims we are blinded by nostalgia goggles but it's not nostalgia goggle that Tekken 5 came with THREE older Tekken games and treated as a mere bonus rather than a $30 DLC. He refuse to answer why the Tekken Shop was kept hidden until after reviews went out. He's refused to admit the massive balance and stability issues of the game. He's asked us to spend $70 + $30 + whatever costume costs and still acts like we're all whiny spoiled brats.
What? T7 had worse netcode and far less content when it came out. Obviously it would've been more balanced (Akuma apart) on release since it was already over 2 years old by the time it got ported to console.

Neff

I can appreciate that networking is very expensive, but the netcode for this game is really not good. Street Fighter 6 and even fucking Smash Ultimate put it to shame.

Still damn good Tekken though.

P.Jack

Since I mostly play offline, it bothers me less, but I’ve had a pleasant experience online. 5 bars wired only, of course. The game is peer-to-peer and works great if both connections are good. This has been the case with all Tekken since TTT2 in arcades, where it was played online a lot.

Just try to avoid bad connections. I know it’s not possible for everyone, and in those cases I urge you to seek out offline players in your area instead. Which is a much better alternative to begin with.

tenor.gif

Dude wavu wavu is insane. My wave dash compare to him is like baby step with Usain Bolt lol. I don't think using controller can do wave dash this fast.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
New patch and patch notes up:

Tekken 8 Version 1.02.01 Patch Notes​

Update Contents
• In-game collaboration "UT×TEKKEN"
• New feature "TEKKEN SHOP" will be implemented.
• Measures against players discovered cheating in RANKED MATCH
• Functional improvements.
• Bug fixes.
• Behavior/properties of moves will be adjusted for some characters.

In-game collaboration "UT×TEKKEN"
• Customization items with the same design as the UT collaboration T-shirts commemorating the 30th anniversary of TEKKEN, sold at UNIQLO stores, will be available for free in the TEKKEN SHOP. These items include customization items for playable characters (2 types) and avatar customization items (1 type).

New feature "TEKKEN SHOP" will be implemented
• In the TEKKEN SHOP, you can obtain various customization items such as popular legacy costumes for playable characters and avatar skins for specific characters. We plan to add new categories and items every month.
• Various items in the TEKKEN SHOP include both free and paid items. Paid items can be obtained by spending "TEKKEN COINS" purchased in each platform's store.

Measures against players discovered cheating in RANKED MATCH
• High ranking players who were reported multiple times and were found to have cheated were removed from the LEADERBOARD, and their ranks were reset to BEGINNER.

Functional improvements
• In TEKKEN FIGHT LOUNGE, the matchmaking waiting state now continues after finishing a match in Match Anywhere without needing to select it again.
• In TEKKEN FIGHT LOUNGE, My Profile can be selected when accessing the customization shop's staff or terminal.
• Status of members in a GROUP in PLAYER MATCH is now displayed.
• Maximum number of consecutive wins displayed increased from 99 to 999.

Bug fixes
• Fixed an issue in which some titles wouldn’t unlock via ARCADE QUEST progression. *affected players can obtain those titles automatically next time they enter ARCADE QUEST.
• In TEKKEN BALL, fixed an issue where Panda and Leroy couldn’t do a long back dash.
• Fixed an issue where in certain instances a color unavailable in Character Customization was selectable when saved in Saved Colors.
• During an online match, selecting Rematch and then the opponent declining would sometimes cause the game to become unresponsive for a certain amount of time, however this issue has been fixed.

Mini buffs for azucena lol

Happy Fall In Love GIF by Taffy

SSfox

New update is out, can someone test for me if you can access the shop in account of different region of the game in PSN?

LOL... Fucking hell, that MTX-BS is making me angry. TTT2-Jun is available as a totally fine mod. All in all the costumes (like the T7 ones) look like simple imports, quality wise. And let me guess... you can't purchase 400 Fuckyou-Dollars as a pack... only 300 or 500 or something else disgustingly predatory... Fuck Bamco. (People who comment "It's just cosmetics..." or "Then don't buy it..." don't get the point and should be plagued with rotting genitalia!)

NO1pxHU.jpg

Well, fucking knew it... So Harada is now a money bitch...

Klosshufvud

Switched to Steve. Having lots of fun applying pressure with his jabs. I was going nuts with Lili. She's so tricky with all her dew glide cancel and back turn shenanigans.

Crayon

My God getting it back is annoying. I'm having a lot of fun, but it's more fun two brackets up. I think you can enjoy Tekken right from the start but it's deep and gets more fun the better you play.

Problem is it's been long enough that my hands forgot a lot and I can't get good enough time in practice mode. I tell myself whiff punishing comes back eventually so that's in the bank. But that's little comfort when this is me rn.

281096be02cdcf6b185e3364103167ff.gif

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Ended up maining Yoshi after the dust settled. He’s so fun in this game, and once I spent a good amount of time with him I realized he isn’t overly complex actually or demanding high execution like perfect EWGF.

I am in orange ranks and hit my favorite win in Tekken ever.

First game against Paul he destroys me. Second game he’s up 2 rounds to 0 on me, and I have one pixel left. He goes for the low 3 hit, and I parry on wake up, into a big sausage combo ending in Rage Art. From here I won every round after that no issue.

I mentally mind fucked him.

Last edited:
Nah, Gief was always lame as hell. King embodies what a wrestler is. Enjoy your dumbass lariat and green hand.
I don't need a lariat or green hand to handle a pussy.
5d1cc6adb5dc2fbdca011efd36cc1ffb_w200.gif

A wrestler should be able to TALK TRASH, not BE TRASH!
maxresdefault.jpg

P.S. For the record, Armor King was always better than King.

Last edited:

Labolas

I don't need a lariat or green hand to handle a pussy.
5d1cc6adb5dc2fbdca011efd36cc1ffb_w200.gif

A wrestler should be able to TALK TRASH, not BE TRASH!
maxresdefault.jpg

P.S. For the record, Armor King was always better than King.
You need green hand to move your slow ass. Take your gay ass slow ass goofy character somewhere else. Gief ain't even the best grappler in his own series. That clown is better off swinging his meat sticks with Eagle.

Last edited:
You need green hand to move your slow ass. Take your gay ass slow ass goofy character somewhere else. Gief ain't even the best grappler in his own series. That clown is better off swinging his meat sticks with Eagle.
The only clown is the grown man making animal noises. There is no grappler on par with Gief in his prime in the entire genre.

Last edited:

Labolas

The only clown is the grown man making animal noises. There is no grappler on par with Gief in his prime in the entire genre.

laughs GIF
, I don't know how you can say that without bursting into laughing. Gief ain't never been in his prime because he's wack as fuck and basic as fuck. Enjoy your basic bitch 2 grabs with you can hold onto this multichain grab. Go back to playing reach around with bears, jobber.

Last edited:
That King is dead, the current King has always been a champ!
It is easy to be the champ when you inherit the title and the only opposition is controlled.

I don't know how you can say that without bursting into laughing. Gief ain't never been in his prime because he's wack as fuck and basic as fuck. Enjoy your basic bitch 2 grabs with can hold onto this multichain grab. Go back to playing reach around with bears, jobber.
Do you even English bro? Or is Gief so intimidating that his mere presence is scrambling your brain? One punch or one throw that is guaranteed to put an opponent out of commission is infinitely better than throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks.

Last edited:

Labolas

It is easy to be the champ when you inherit the title and the only opposition is controlled.

Do you even English bro? Or is Gief so intimidating that his mere presence is scrambling your brain? One punch or one throw that is guaranteed to put an opponent out of commission is infinitely better than throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks.

Oh now he's intimidating? Gtfo with that nonsense. He's too busy talking about dumb shit like muscle power to be considered an actual threat. His dumb ass should have stayed in SF2 instead of constantly being a character that always struggles because he's boring as fuck to play as.

Oh now he's intimidating? Gtfo with that nonsense. He's too busy talking about dumb shit like muscle power to be considered an actual threat. His dumb ass should have stayed in SF2 instead of constantly being a character that always struggles because he's boring as fuck to play as.
Not being fun to play is a fault of the gameplay design team driving Street Fighter into obscurity. The character is 🔥

Crayon

What's it like looking for matches on wifi? Is it noticeable getting your matches turned down?

PSA for anyone stuck with wifi, those power line adapters can work great.

Klosshufvud

What's it like looking for matches on wifi? Is it noticeable getting your matches turned down?

I think it's pretty bad. Get maybe 4 denials per accepted match. And these are not even the true high ranks either. The narrative is that wifi is unplayable even if the connection is all blue and you're practically neighbors.

I will absolutely get those adapters solely for this game. No other online game prior has forced my hand the same way.

I always decline wifi player lol.
But my friend who can only plays on laptop at coffee say it's great. Still get matches a lots. He's at Fujin right now

Last edited:
I’ve never declined anyone. Rate is probably one wifi out of every five matches. I’ve only had one match where I could even notice that it was online.

I have gigabit fiber connection, so I may be more tolerant of poor connections.

Crayon

And after laying all weekend, my hands are finally playing by themselves a little bit.

I think it's pretty bad. Get maybe 4 denials per accepted match. And these are not even the true high ranks either. The narrative is that wifi is unplayable even if the connection is all blue and you're practically neighbors.

I will absolutely get those adapters solely for this game. No other online game prior has forced my hand the same way.

Definitely give them a shot. They're not that expensive. I hear it has a lot to do with the wiring in your house. Do a speed test when you get them. Whenever I've used them, I found that the bandwidth is pretty s***** but the latency is good and I found them totally reliable/consistent.

Crayon

Dude I've done ~30-40hrs in ranked and had 2 pluggers. I'm hearing so much about it. Must be more common in the higher ranks.

Rn I'm getting to play for the first time in a week. I'm buzzed. I'm thinking, or maybe coping, with the wildcard shit in the game. Rage, heat smah, power crush. At the level I'm playing rn (I played much better years ago) , they do force me to slow down and respect it. A strange tradeoff for making the game favor offense more. Just trippin on it.

Last edited:
Dude I've done ~30-40hrs in ranked and had 2 pluggers. I'm hearing so much about it. Must be more common in the higher ranks.

Rn I'm getting to play for the first time in a week. I'm buzzed. I'm thinking, or maybe coping, with the wildcard shit in the game. Rage, heat smah, power crush. At the level I'm playing rn (I played much better years ago) , they do force me to slow down and respect it. A strange tradeoff for making the game favor offense more. Just trippin on it.
I didn't get a single plugger until I hit red rank, then they become very common for me. I noticed purple ranks in particular are extra salty.

Crayon

I didn't get a single plugger until I hit red rank, then they become very common for me. I noticed purple ranks in particular are extra salty.

Yep that might be it. I' been bouncing between dom/vanq for a bit now so it will be a minute before I see that, hopefully.

Klosshufvud

I think it's pretty tricky when you get someone to low health and they have Heat and RA both ready to use. It leaves you extremely vulnerable and forces a defensive stance unless you're really sure about their habits. Devil Jin/King/Dragunov players all get free neutral win with their heat smashes. Even if blocked. I would not mind if Heat Smash was toned down and RA just outright deleted. It would make the game better.

Crayon

I think it's pretty tricky when you get someone to low health and they have Heat and RA both ready to use. It leaves you extremely vulnerable and forces a defensive stance unless you're really sure about their habits. Devil Jin/King/Dragunov players all get free neutral win with their heat smashes. Even if blocked. I would not mind if Heat Smash was toned down and RA just outright deleted. It would make the game better.

Kinda sad so many of us agree we want the ra gone. :< it's ironic because heat would be a much more interesting replacement for rage.

But this is the game. It's somehow still really good even though everyone hates ra. Well... 'everyone'. Funny, but there are people out there enjoying improvement by getting better at timing their raw ra. If there's enough people who like it then I'm alright with it.

Fahdis

- King needs Nerfs
- Dragunov needs Nerfs
- Hwoarang needs Nerfs
- Xiayu needs Nerfs
- Azucena needs Nerfs
- Lee needs Buffs
- Zafina needs Buffs
- Shaheen needs to fuck off with Bob
- Reina needs a Heihachi Customization
- Law is just as annoying (I know its just a statement)

Top Bottom