• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else gots a problem where they cant stop eating and drinking beers?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Cant helps myself everything tastes so good

farley-snl.gif

sedg87

Banned
You're on your own with beer. I don't drink alcohol. Probably the only reason I'm still alive.

Crisps/chips on the other hand. Oh dear. I could genuinely eat my body weight in Doritos without much effort. The weird thing is I don't actually get hungry - I just eat out of sheer boredom.

SJRB

Gold Member
How old are you? Because you can stop that shit pretty easy when you hit a certain age and start getting health warnings 😂

You have to just power through those warnings, my friend. Stay strong and you can remain an alcoholic for the rest of your life!

It's like those warning lights when you start your car, just ignore it and keep moving!

GeekyDad

Seems we're still in transition as a species in terms of balancing these processes. Our senses for food were probably always hyper, but now that we don't have to hunt, we just consume without the ability to burn it off naturally. Though philosophies for how to balance the issues we've been experiencing for the past 1000 or so years (exponentially growing) are great, we probably require a truly natural, evolutionary change to our format to sustain another viable make-up. I'm sure it's in the works.

Outlier

Can't or won't? Can't implies it is required or being forced by other means for whatever reason.

And no. Turns out I'm immune from these afflictions. I honestly don't understand how people frequently overindulge in such things.

simpatico

Any tips?
Start with IF. For me it works best when I only eat in the evening. My work gets a lot of donuts, and I've gotten to the point where I walk over and give them a hard look, only to walk away happy/proud that I didn't partake. Each time you do that you'll get a little stronger and it will be easier next time. The good thing about IF is there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Wear a watch, know that you can eat at a certain time (4:30PM for me). Start small and just keep holding those W's when you avoid a gluttonous situation. Eventually it will come natural once the feedback system is "rewired". At this point the dopamine hit from not eating the donuts is greater than if I did. Hell there's even some shame/negative feedback when I do break my fast incorrectly. Once you get a taste of the results, it's all downhill. Inertia is your friend. Before you see the losses it's faith based, after you drop a pant size it's easy mode.

A big thing is staying busy. Idle hands do the devil's work. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing, this is going to be a lot harder.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Water is your best choice. Find the right water temp. I enjoy ice water. Don’t buy beer when you go to the store. You don’t have to say never, but stop buying it. I like beer once or twice a year. I did have a six pack of IPA from the store. It was cheaper than buying a couple singles. Sometimes I’ll buy a single can to put in the fridge. Once that’s gone, that’s it. My parents went through a case of beer a week. I’m a big drink person. That doesn’t mean alcohol. I like the drink section at health food stores more than the snacks. It’s so expensive for some of those drinks, so the price limits my consumption.

badblue

Oddly, as a heavy cannabis user I'm able to control my eating habits quite well. Barely get the munchies at all. Been on an intermittent fast schedule for over a year.

I do like beer though.
Announces Last Call GIF

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Drinking just makes me dizzy and sick very fast and eating too much gives me terrible bloating. Tell me about your problems OP.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Start with IF. For me it works best when I only eat in the evening. My work gets a lot of donuts, and I've gotten to the point where I walk over and give them a hard look, only to walk away happy/proud that I didn't partake. Each time you do that you'll get a little stronger and it will be easier next time. The good thing about IF is there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Wear a watch, know that you can eat at a certain time (4:30PM for me). Start small and just keep holding those W's when you avoid a gluttonous situation. Eventually it will come natural once the feedback system is "rewired". At this point the dopamine hit from not eating the donuts is greater than if I did. Hell there's even some shame/negative feedback when I do break my fast incorrectly. Once you get a taste of the results, it's all downhill. Inertia is your friend. Before you see the losses it's faith based, after you drop a pant size it's easy mode.

A big thing is staying busy. Idle hands do the devil's work. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing, this is going to be a lot harder.

Oddly, as a heavy cannabis user I'm able to control my eating habits quite well. Barely get the munchies at all. Been on an intermittent fast schedule for over a year.

I do like beer though.
Announces Last Call GIF
Aye, I'm a huge proponent of IF. It changed my bad relationship with food forever.

badblue

Aye, I'm a huge proponent of IF. It changed my bad relationship with food forever.
I've been doing IF on and off for years. It's the only diet that has worked for me. I've lose almost 80 pounds following it and using meal supplement shakes/powders when I absolutely needed something out side of my 6pm-12pm window.

Granted a most of that was when I was working and according to my fit bit, I was burning about 3000 calories a day.

Honestly, more people need to do this.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Had a breakfast burrito from, 4 beers, then a ham & swiss sandwich, and then 2 beers today. Gonna head out for some beers I think.

I used to be a very heavy drinker and nowadays I go without an alcoholic beverage for over a month.

I find alcohol to be physically terrible experience. I'm not even talking about the hangover but just the drinking itself is difficult for me nowadays.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I spent the entire day yesterday drinking in the garden, playing in the pool with the kids, made a decent BBQ, had some friends over, watched City lift the treble ate more food drank more beer and just woke up and feel grand and we're all heading out to do a cliff walk, you lot are doing it wrong and I'm near 50 ffs

Top Bottom