• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever think back to the MySpace, Livejournal days?

Did you have a MySpace account and/or LiveJournal?

• Both

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Just MySpace

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Just LiveJournal

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this a stealth fart thread?

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
I remember being 19 and everyone I knew was on MySpace and Livejournal.

There were so many “Top 8” friends dramas. I edited my page to where it would be random pictures or 8 different pics of me just to avoid that nonsense. You could fuck with the code and do all sorts of shit with your profile page. I used to write short stories that were dumb as hell, post them in blog area or whatever it was called, and try pretend I was “original.” Foolish....they were mostly filled with inside jokes only my closest friends would get.

LiveJournal was memorable due to all the passive aggressive posting, lots of “I really hate when people.......” posts and if they had anonymous comments enabled it was a bloodbath

Simpler times, I guess?

You have any memories from these “pioneers of social media?”

MySpace was cool for music. Lots of bands had great song picks on their page. I remember changing my profile song all the time.

edit

also, remember this guy?

Thanks for your time.

Yours Truly,

Not a “deranged schizophrenic” (I promise)

Last edited:
I miss hi5.

The community could do custom layouts and upload them to the theme menu so that everyone could use and at the same time visit the creators page. At 17 years old having an account with the view count of a celebrity made me feel good!

Breakage

When I think of Myspace, I am reminded of Tila Tequila:

tila-tequila-mental-breakdown-video.jpg

Top Bottom