• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there any import handheld games worth picking up?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm heading overseas in... 3 weeks and counting!... and I've been busy making up shopping lists as well as shops I want to visit. I've got my console titles nailed down pretty much, but I have no clue whether there's any handheld games that absolutely should belong in my collection.

The criteria: I'm only looking for PSP, DS, GBA, or GBC titles that have never been released stateside or most likely never will be. The only handheld import I have already is Kururin Paradise, which is really awesome :)

Fire away!

Jado

Banned
I second Band Brothers. I played that nearly everyday for two months. You pick it up just to try one song, then you find you've gone through over ten of your favorite songs before you put it down again.

I third Band Brothers. I have Kirby and Meteos and it's better than both of those combined. It's such a ridiculously fantastic game. I've probably spent 100+ hours on it already and haven't even started to get bored with it. If you like music at all, you HAVE to get this game.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Just in case other people are also interested in this topic, I'll keep this thread up to date with recommendations I come across:

Guru Logic Champ for the GBA seems to be a really good puzzler.

Madame M

Banned
No, seriously.

Tomato Adventure. $20. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

ALPHA DREAM

For that matter, get Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games for $10 at Circuit City.

ALPHA DREAM

Another vote for Daigasso Band Brothers. It is supposedly coming stateside--it's English title is "Jam With the Band"--but it doesn't have a release date, no further info is forthcoming, and it wasn't at E3. So I'm not holding my breath.
I recommended it to a friend who's kind of nutty about videogame music, and then ended up getting it myself as well once I played his copy.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Stafy (Starfi, Stafi, Starfy, however you wanna say it) series 1-3 are fun action platformers, highly reminiscent of oldskool Kirby games. Very long, too, with lots of secrets to find. You can get by without knowing much Japanese at all, though some parts may require a bit of trial and error on your part.

Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest is another fun game, the whole control system and concept are definitely unique, though it's got its share of text, and is a bit harder than the Stafy games to play w/o Japanese knowledge.

Top Bottom