• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we going through a drought?

Nameless

Since the initial Q1/early Q2 wave of great games, pretty much across the board things have gotten rather slow, and looking at the upcoming releases things really don't seem to be getting better. Sure, there are a few great sports titles releasing here and there, as well titles like Conker,and a few other potential sleeper hits but as far as a consistent flow of quality content in which we've grown acustomed to this generation, I just don't see it.

Ahh well, thank god for XBL, Emulators, and the never ending game that is Morrowind...

explodet

These are the summer doldrums - it's like this pretty much every year.

I've been using it to finally play my backlog - or at least I would if I wasn't playing World of Warcraft all the damn time.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
There's a drought?

Couldda fooled me. I have Psychonauts, GTA: SA, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory to finish.

I don't have immense amounts of time to play games, but for me - there isn't a drought.

dem

Apparently you havent heard about BATTLEFIELD 2

Battlefield_2_Cover_gross.jpg

even the demo is > *

bitwise

Banned
i got GTA:SA and MOH:EA over the weekend, so i'm fine right now. then conkers comin up

maybe july will be a slow month? i dont even know whats coming out then. (probably nothing.)

siege

Banned
With those lucky enough to have a computer capable of playing Battlefield 2, I think it's the best drought ever. Man I wish I could play.

Scott

Wyzdom said:
Yep, my backlog is huge enough to keep me occupied until the holiday wave.
Yeah, my backlog is enough to keep me occupied until the holiday wave, too...

...of 2010. ;)

I'm busy as a beaver playing all of those great turn-based games on the PSP! or.. well, maybe it's actually on the shelf after beating ACID.

Atelier Iris.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
theres been a drought for a while. There was fire emblem on gba, but aside from that... I don't know that I've played a really great game on any system since Resident Evil 4. I've gone back to reading books.

Between Battlefield 2, Kirby, Meteos, and Conker I'm not feel a drought this month... next month maybe... thankfully the Halo 2 Map Pack will keep me entertained for a bit of it.

Ironclad

Hmm, I don't see much of a drought. Canvas Curse, Meteos, Atelier, Conker, and Riviera this month for me. Hopefully it starts in July because I have to get cracking on my backlog.

Top Bottom