• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we seeing increased XSX stock levels now?

I see we have people in the thread already giving contradicting statements.

Answering the OP, Phil did say that they were increasing somewhere, I don't recall if it was an interview or the Starfield event. What confuses me is why they are making a new S.

Zathalus

I don't know if things have changed, but they were initially using the XSX chip. It was designed for general purpose cloud applications in addition to gaming.

Microsoft doesn't use the XSX for anything other then Xcloud. Easy enough to check on your own, no Azure instance or other computing stack runs on anything that remotely resembles the XSX chip. For good reason too, the cache starved Zen 2 chips combined with GDDR6 would offer horrible compute CPU performance. As for servers that require a strong GPU (or anything AI related, including MS own ChatGPT) Nvidia is the defacto standard.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I just bought a Series X this morning off amazon (US). Been on my wishlist for a while and the base non-bundle was rarely in stock. It's my birthday today and Chrom clearly has blessed me. Curious how much of a difference D4 will be visually compared to the Series S.

MarkMe2525

Microsoft doesn't use the XSX for anything other then Xcloud. Easy enough to check on your own, no Azure instance or other computing stack runs on anything that remotely resembles the XSX chip. For good reason too, the cache starved Zen 2 chips combined with GDDR6 would offer horrible compute CPU performance. As for servers that require a strong GPU (or anything AI related, including MS own ChatGPT) Nvidia is the defacto standard.
I must be misremembering some information from the hot chips segment around launch. I just went and looked for any info regarding cloud computing on Xbox SoC, and I may have mixed up the use of pluton for security as both azure and the XSX have it intergrated in. Regardless, thank you for the correction.

Both consoles still aren't readily available in every store. I am in Walmart and Target weekly and have seen maybe 3 PS5 and 1 XSX over the past few years. Of course anecdotel, but it still shows that one cannot just walk in a store and be guaranteed to walk out with one.

I don't know if things have changed, but they were initially using the XSX chip. It was designed for general purpose cloud applications in addition to gaming.

Imagine actually saying the series s isn't readily available.

Literally they couldn't even give the console away at one point..

StereoVsn

"stock issues" because they tried to bundle the crap out of it by including GamePass game (Forza 5) as the bundle item. When most people picking up Xbox are getting GanePass...

I am shocked!

Top Bottom