• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a PS5 Pro in 2020 believer?

Neo_game

The rumors were that PS5 was targettting 12-13tf. May be they dropped that plan and there will only be one PS5 which is good idea IMO. In couple of years I think Sony can decide if pro version is needed in 2024 or 2025. Money should be spend on games. That is what console are all about.

After what Sony have showed us until now I'm highly convinced that Sony's Engineering Team is not capable of building a console which will top the XBox Series X.

the XBox Series X is a love letter to all XBox Fans! :D

And please don't let me get started now about Sony :D

Aww ... so cute. It is funny your name is Windows-PC. You are happy all Xbox games are on PC day1.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nah, minimum of 2 years offset for any "pro" equivalent.

An entry level option is a different story, but still not terribly likely given that it complicates marketing and unavoidably adds developmental and publishing effort.

Everything needs to go through QA, there are no shortcuts.

Knightime_X

Worried that even if Ps5 Pro has 500tf of godzilla suplexing power and enough ram to satisfy your wife that it still won't be able to play ps1 and ps2 games much less in 4k.

So i'll skip ps5 for the time being.
Or maybe less if ps1-3 is announced.

Last edited:

Rippa

I’m fully expecting a PS5 Pro to release with PS5 Base in 2020.

2023 = PS5 Max w/20T-Flops

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Pro was made solely to support the increasing demand for 4K content, what would be a PS5 Pro purpose when PS5 is already a 4K machine?

Sony won't spend a single penny to design a slightly stronger console than they already have, just to beat XBX in specs and make the butthurt fanboys happy.

Simply put - PS5 is weaker, deal with it.

Type_Raver

As our comrade Zenji Nishikawa claims, a Pro model might launch alongside the base PS5.

Bear in mind this is no woke console warrior posting BS on Twatter for internet points.

This is a respected and well known individual with a solid background in predicting/leaking the ps4 pro and the Nintendo Switch Lite.

Do you believe it? How much would you give for a ps5 pro and what specs and features would it need to meet for you?

14Tflop variable clock for 600 sounds nice.

Too little, too much, too soon.

Too little of an upgrade, cost too much at this time, and too soon to release!

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Samsung can sell 32K TVs if they want

The point is that there’s no 8K content to watch

Broacasting has been stuck at 1080i for almost 15 years. They still have to make a huge shift from 1080i to 2160p

35mm film can’t resolve 8K resolution so you shouldn’t even buy old movies remastered in 8K

And that without even considering the size of the screen required: 8K resolution would require a 100 inches Tv at home to see the difference from 4K.

It’s pointless
I know that, even native 4K is rarely used. But still they are pushing it, im not saying its a good thing or im not saying whe need 8K or something but the fact that its already pushed this much is enough reason for Sony and MS to release a mid gen upgrade. Even Sony will launch more 8K tv's in the future, and the best way to show its quality will be a PS5 game running on 8k.

Not yet, they would come with a more powerful SDD and eveything else. That would cost so much more.

I see it happens in 4 years with around a 50% jump for the SDD. That means around a 50% more powerful GPU and TFLOPS, CPU and RAM (that would be very impressive). They need pariti to avoid bottleneck.

Last edited:
Not yet, they would come with a more powerful SDD and eveything else. That would cost so much more.

I see it happens in 4 years with around a 50% jump for the SDD. That means around a 50% more powerful GPU and TFLOPS, CPU and RAM (that would be very impressive). They need pariti to avoid bottleneck.

if they make the SSD even faster it would disrupt the space-time continuum

The PS5 SSD, being basically a gen ahead of Xbox X, might just be 8K future proof if such mid-gen refreshes roll out.

Microsoft would need to go back to the drawing board for an 8K refresh down the line, that SSD will be a huge bottleneck.

The PS5 SSD, being basically a gen ahead of Xbox X, might just be 8K future proof if such mid-gen refreshes roll out.

Microsoft would need to go back to the drawing board for an 8K refresh down the line, that SSD will be a huge bottleneck.

8k... yeah. That's not for today, but we'll see. I see it more like a proof of concept. 4k 3d at 120fps vor VR needs to happen before (in my world 😉).

For the fun, i just can't wait for Series X pro reveal when all the talks will be on how they have focus on a new SDD tech... that's going to happen... and xbox fans will love that.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
8k... yeah. That's not for today, but we'll see. I see it more like a proof of concept. 4k 3d at 120fps vor VR needs to happen before (in my world 😉).

For the fun, i just can't wait for Series X pro reveal when all the talks will be on how they have focus on a new SDD tech... that's going to happen... and xbox fans will love that.
Same can be said the other way around when PS5 Pro gets more tflops.. they will love it (me included :) )

Faster ssd is not gonna make your games run 8K or slower m2 ssd wil not stop your games running at 8K. I can run Forza Motorsport 7 at 8K on my pc from my 7200rpm hdd, and guess what it runs the same on my m.2 samsung 970 evo plus ssd with 3.5gb/s. You need more gpu and cpu power for that and more faster ram. You guys are really too much focused on the ssd that you start to forget the basics of how games are rendered at higher resolution.

If XsX Pro and PS5 Pro were to come out in holiday 2024 or 2025, they would run into another bottle neck and that is physical media to play games. For XsX and PS5 you can buy games on 100 GB Ultra Blu Ray disks to play 4k 60fps.

By 2024 and 2025, 8k will be the standard and HDMI 2.2 or HDMI 3.0 will come out. If games are to be played at 8k 30fps or even 60fps, there is no way 100GB is going to be enough. The Blu-Ray association has not come up with 8k Blu-ray players. They have to come up with the physical media and 8k blu ray players NOW, otherwise the cost of diode and the rest of the mechanics is going to be sky high by that time.

-Unless its simply not necessary anymore due to Wifi6 and 5G being more main stream hence 'digital distribution' is going to be main way with fast download speeds

-Perhaps They come up with a new media format? maybe something proprietary that bypasses all this read/write speed and installation and security procedures or is seamless?

I hope they will also adopt USB 4.0 in their Pro consoles. also thinking they will use 5nm process from AMD.

Do you believe it? How much would you give for a ps5 pro and what specs and features would it need to meet for you?

Lol this thread, so Sony is releasing
PS5 : 499$
PS5 pro : 599$ ? 14Tflops variable clock (i love the variable part) to compete against 12Tflops Xbox.
3/4 years pass's they gonna release another PS5 pro Max to compete against Xbox mid-gen refresh right ?
(y) keep it coming.

Niked

As our comrade Zenji Nishikawa claims, a Pro model might launch alongside the base PS5.

Bear in mind this is no woke console warrior posting BS on Twatter for internet points.

This is a respected and well known individual with a solid background in predicting/leaking the ps4 pro and the Nintendo Switch Lite.

Jaxcellent

I really, really hope Sony will bring some games to the table, but with the whole corona crisis, chances are the games to show off the system will be delayed too, I only buy a new console if there is a reason to do so.. lets wait and see,

Cobenzl

After what Sony have showed us until now I'm highly convinced that Sony's Engineering Team is not capable of building a console which will top the XBox Series X.

I really don't want to be rude, and I highly respect Mark Cerny, but the PS5 is in my opinion a not well thought out system in many ways.

Microsoft on the other hand thought about every single detail, nothing is in the XBox Series X without a reason, it's an engineered masterpiece, and you can already feel and see that though Microsoft really good PR and Marketing work. You can see that Microsoft is really confident in their Product, and that they had alot of fun building it together, the XBox Series X is a love letter to all XBox Fans! :D

And please don't let me get started now about Sony :D

I’m a nice guy, but clearly you are a fuck-wit.

I doubt it. If Sony were planning a 2nd console to release this year, I think MS would know about it and wouldn’t be so cocky. We’d also have heard more about it by now.

It will just be one PS5 this year imo.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
party-tonight-im-down-21713367.png

This whole thing is getting silly

Did red pull vs blue pill pan out for the PS Pro?
Did 13-14 TFs pan out for the PS5?

You guys really gotta stop being so gullible, it is what it is the PS5 is less powerful than the Series X, life will go on.

Last edited:
I'm starting to feel sad for you. It must really hurt to have to buy a weaker system. Trust me, it's not half as bad.

Thats the thing they don't have to. Neither system is up for pre order, these sony fans flipping their shit don't have to buy a PS5. They can buy a series X and get gamepass and have an instant huge library of games.

That makes it even more sad nothing is stopping them from getting the better console but their own loyalty to a company.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Personally I don't think they can adequately differentiate it, looking at the reticle size limits. They could go a bit higher performance, and a bit more with 5nm, but at a great cost for the gain.

HawarMiran

Banned
That would be checkmate for Sony. Microsofts king is already in a dangerous position with one Sony console releasing 🤫😁

Top Bottom