• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Around 23% of PC players won’t be able to play Alan Wake 2

Skifi28

That's less than I thought, pretty good number. Though how many will want to use the troj.. I mean Epic store is a different matter.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Won't be? Who is forbidding them to upgrade?
200w.gif

HL3.exe

This feels like the DX8 -> DX9 transition era, although more whiny this time around.

I'm planning to swap my 1080 for a 3000 series, depending on the reviews.

Red5

Last time this happened I think was when Deus Ex Invisible War and Far Cry were released, couldn't run them since they required GPU's with Shader support.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nah, they intend to make sales on console, they will get it working there. The pc version only exists to support a launcher and promote nvidia gpus. Sales there dont matter since they give it for free with gpus that are capable of running it acceptably.
I think i might buy it if its not too scary, it looks pretty nice.

It’s going to be an Nvidia showpiece game, with their latest advancements cranked up.

There is no getting it working on consoles. Console ports will just be worse performing variants of the PC versions without all the graphical bells and whistles turned on. Although Switch 2 might be able to if they’re running DLSS 3.5.

This game and Cyberpunk have me thinking I need to get back to Nvidia next GPU upgrade.

Last edited:

PeteBull

hard data here
looks like its unplayable on older cards even in 1080p 30fps low preset(lowest is super ugly and barely helps so low is recomended).
2060s looks to be okish for medium/high even, as long as 1080p dlss and 30fps is ok for us

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It’s going to be an Nvidia showpiece game, with their latest advancements cranked up.

There is no getting it working on consoles. Console ports will just be worse performing variants of the PC versions without all the graphical bells and whistles turned on. Although Switch 2 might be able to if they’re running DLSS 3.5.

This game and Cyberpunk have me thinking I need to get back to Nvidia next GPU upgrade.

You're insane if you think it can't run with bells and whistles on the PS5 or XSX, but will on Switch 2. DLSS 3.5 won't matter if it has the power of a PS4 Pro.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You're insane if you think it can't run with bells and whistles on the PS5 or XSX, but will on Switch 2. DLSS 3.5 won't matter if it has the power of a PS4 Pro.

How am I insane? The PS5/Xbox versions are already out, and they lack the ability to do Nvidia’s tech.

So no, they objectively can’t run AW2 with all of the bells and whistles on.

Switch 2 is an Nvidia GPU, with apparent support for DLSS 3.5. So it’s entirely possible. It’s the Nvidia tech that takes the game over the top.

Notice I said the word “might”.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
How am I insane? The PS5/Xbox versions are already out, and they lack the ability to do Nvidia’s tech.

So no, they objectively can’t run AW2 with all of the bells and whistles on.

Switch 2 is an Nvidia GPU, with apparent support for DLSS 3.5. So it’s entirely possible. It’s the Nvidia tech that takes the game over the top.

Notice I said the word “might”.

Because if the Switch 2 will have PS4 Pro power, DLSS 3.5 won't be able to save it. Not if you want to play Alan Wake 2 with all the bells and whistles.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Because if the Switch 2 will have PS4 Pro power, DLSS 3.5 won't be able to save it. Not if you want to play Alan Wake 2 with all the bells and whistles.

It’s very possible it won’t, which is why I said it might be able. We don’t know what the platform is truly capable of.

tusharngf

people upgrade their machines. I remember everyone buying 8600gt after crysis launch just to play the game at 30 fps

Top Bottom