• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asgard’s Wrath 2 Review (IGN) 10/10

Buggy Loop

James Sawyer Reaction GIF

How long has it been for a VR game to be this well received, can't think of one since Half Life Alyx

Wow I’ve only played the opening of asgards wrath 1 with the kracken. first game is PC only.
Currently playing Half Life Alyx.
VR has been alot of fun. Quest 3 works very well.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

... You'll have 5 followers integral to the story. I've yet to unlock the fifth however but there is so far a panther, a falcon, a monkey and a hippo. And they can all transform into a human body shape or their animal form and they all have traits and abilities you will need for each area to solve the puzzles to progress and man some of these puzzles are a massive head scratcher, not since the water temple in The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time have I felt so stumped.."

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Romulus

I've seen some new gameplay that looks badass. Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus scale enemies but with visceral combat.

MarkMe2525

Great to hear but I still am approaching with trepidation. What does a 100hr game look like in VR? Well I am about to find out starting tomorrow evening. I also am trying to fly blind with this one, so I ain't watching the video.

Edit: as soon as it drops I will be adding the discount referral link to my linktree page. Come here if you don't already have the game and want 25% off.

www.linktr.ee/markgulfcoast

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I dislike the art design of this thing.

But 90 hours for a single player vr game is nuts.
It's obvious the Quest 2 constraints molded the art design. I don't find the little content I have seen very flattering, but I'll withhold judgement until I see it through the headset. Often, even a simplistic lookin game puches above its weight in VR. The sense of scale can add a lot.

Last edited:

Crayon

Whoa outta nowhere. I'm not a fan of meta but it's great they could facilitate this. VR needs more of this.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
A system seller.

It's about to sell me one. Was thinking about snagging the MQ3 already but this is prob going to drive me over the edge.

Any opinions on whether getting the one with more space is worth it? And it looks like some sort of fancy head strap is also available...

Top Bottom