• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley breaks 4th wall if you try to upskirt -RE4R

BlackTron

lollipop chainsaw.

she's pretty, but that's about it, that video of her "dancing" is completely awful and effectively makes her less attractive; it really shows people don't give a fuck about anything as long as you are cute.

TBH, she caught my attention mainly for how much she really does look like Ashley. And, like Ashley, I agree she doesn't look THAT great lol. She is cute but yeah.

I actually didn't know the pervert line was a thing and never tried it in the game. Jill Valentine, on the other hand tho

Ribi

Feeling disgusting doing this is an attempt to try to not get cancelled. Too late, he did it and its disgusting he is now cancelled. I'm emailing Eurogamer rn

bender

What time is it?
Jesus Christ.

My friends call me bender bender . Are we friends? <3

692b2f7f7b106eb1dbfa6aad06ad49768b398c59.gif

Last edited:

GMCamaro

The fact that Capcom spent the time to have Ashley chide you in the original was a funny aside to the fact that they figured people would attempt it.

I’m not sure about the priorities here; the fact that this is a problem according to this person but slaughtering scores of people being mind-controlled by a parasite is not?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Thats crazy shes such a prude on console. Cause on my PC shes definitely got her tits out.

I dont even own the game. But if I did...

Fredrik

Imagine when ChatGPT AI is used for NPCs if you already go around thinking the current simple if-statement NPCs are living. This guy will break, he’ll be on his knees crying that he’s sorry to everyone he hit or shoot.

It’s polygons. Nothing is real. It’s okay to do stupid things.

O9mpncG.jpg

Majormaxxx

The real disgusting thing is that this eurogamer keyboard operator performed an act he funds repulsive, inappropriate and immoral for monetary gain. Essentially prostituting himself on the internet.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I felt pretty disgusting even testing this - why anyone would want to try this is beyond me

That felt very forced, like it’s something you have to say today in order to report on this to prevent the inevitable witch hunt and death threats you’ll get on social media otherwise.

CGNoire

TBH, she caught my attention mainly for how much she really does look like Ashley. And, like Ashley, I agree she doesn't look THAT great lol. She is cute but yeah.

I actually didn't know the pervert line was a thing and never tried it in the game. Jill Valentine, on the other hand tho
Jill from RE3make and Courtney Hopes character in Quantum Break are the only 2 characters in games Ive ever been attracted too. Jill exspecially. Graphics where just not good enough before.

Last edited:
-Finding women attractive = bad
-Blowing a poor Spanish woman’s head off = good
-Kicking a woman in the face = good
-Sneaking up and slitting a woman’s throat = good
-Suplexing women = good

I think these left leaning moral busy bodies just get off more on the idea of hurting women since they can’t get any in real life. Prove me wrong.

(Obviously violence and sexuality in games is something any sane adult could parse on their own and not have it affect their psyche, but obviously one is more socially acceptable than another, to a hypocritical degree).

SSfox

Ashley is cool, but Ada and Jill are more of my type.

Also this Eurogamer guy is a weirdo

Last edited:

Valt7786

They've now gone and wiped every negative/critical comment from that article, especially those that made fun of Soy Nightingale.
Oh and closed it for further comments too. lol, cucks.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Just because the "writer" is being an idiot about it doesn't mean the game is by having Ashley do that, it's just a stupid thing when knowing the player is doing a stupid (but harmless and indeed innocent, I mean, show me a little girl that hasn't undressed her barbie once) thing for a moment.

Automata did something like that too, even though 2B's also obviously made for folks to ogle anyway. Nier Replicant took it a step further too.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Just because the "writer" is being an idiot about it doesn't mean the game is by having Ashley do that, it's just a stupid thing when knowing the player is doing a stupid (but harmless and indeed innocent, I mean, show me a little girl that hasn't undressed her barbie once) thing for a moment.

Automata did something like that too, even though 2B's also obviously made for folks to ogle anyway. Nier Replicant took it a step further too.

I think the game being cheeky with the player is a great idea. Very creative.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Jill from RE3make and Courtney Hopes character in Quantum Break are the only 2 characters in games Ive ever been attracted too. Jill exspecially. Graphics where just not good enough before.

TBH it started with Jill from REmake on GC for me. I think on a CRT, with pre-rendered backgrounds, the character models looked absolutely insane. The trick also made for plenty of distinct camera angles because it wasn't over your shoulder all the time. Of course this is the same time period when EVERYONE I know looked up Peach's skirt in Smash, often just for 1 second in the middle of a match to act like a college student. I just kinda laughed and rolled my eyes but that was the point of the whole thing. Now people gotta write articles calling out this behavior as if you get some sort of special medal or badge for being the biggest grandma.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Is there any video out there of the character breaking the 4th wall? Or are the virtue signaling ramblings of some special snowflake trying to get points with his imaginary fans all that we have?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I would never try to upskirt Ashley. She is too precious. Especially in her goth/emo costume.

Ada on the other hand...We know that Ada and Wesker are coming to Mercenaries. We know that the fourth stage coming is The Docks which is part of Separate Ways so I'm gonna photo mode that perfect ass so much! And yes she is hawt! And real, the model's name is Adriana and she's Ada but IRL, so no photo mode there for sad old me.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I forgot to try it last night. I think it’s because she’s not my type of woman, so I just don’t think of her sexually, at all. Or maybe because I have her in armor going for the S+ rank, lol.

K' Dash

I have to sit here and pretend I didn’t attempt this for internet points?

By just pretending I feel my jaw weakening and an urge to protect myladies.

I felt pretty disgusting even testing this - why anyone would want to try this is beyond me - but it's certainly unnerving having a virtual video game character bend down and stare directly at you.

But is this enough? At least in the original she voiced her discomfort. I'd argue seedy players should be called out on this further than just an irritated glance.
The hysterical hyperbole in this is hilarious. It's like a preemptive strike virtue signal, just in case one of the ResetERA type psychos decide your reaction wasn't unhinged enough and therefore you may be a sex offender in disguise.

Imagine reaching a point where online drama has fundamentally altered your personality and this is how you speak. Your perpetual lust for "calling out" has reached the level of being upset that videogame characters aren't calling someone out.

PS: Her character isn't even wearing a skirt in the remake. They're shorts with a skirt overlay in the front so nerds don't lose their shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom