• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley breaks 4th wall if you try to upskirt -RE4R

Neff

zd3mVl.jpg

zG7YHI.jpg

Joramun

I felt pretty disgusting even testing this - why anyone would want to try this is beyond me

WEAK.

This is what you call overcoddling.

Humans are innately curious.

There's nothing wrong with testing it or people trying to do it in game.

It's good that Ashley breaks the fourth wall to remind players that it's not OK in real life. Or they could just ignore it and not make it a "thing"

I've been playing GTA since it was a top-down game, have I now become a gangster and a thief? NO.

It seems like he's only disgusted to virtue signal.

Meanwhile sites like Pronhub and others are freely accessible.

His Twitter profile checks out. Don't be a tool like Ed

b1tOct9.png

Luc2010

This thread is funny as shit. Some of you guys are either a bunch of pansies or your full of shit. Trying to save face on the Internet. Oh, don't look at virtual panties. Someone might findout your a virtual predator. Lockup your FF7R games. These guys might look at girls inappropriately. HAHA!

Jada_Li

Banned
I started gaming in the 80s.

If you knew what I've got up to as a young male gamer growing up.......

It's natural to be curious.
It's none of my business. Just an observation I notice. There's a fine line between appreciating the beauty of a female or male respectfully than being obsessed and/or perverted about it.

CGNoire

Those fucking pussies removed tons of the most benign comments on there. All i said was that escapism should remain just that escapism and they found it dangerous enough to remove it. In fact they removed almost half of every comment on there. I mean comments even era would not of removed. My opinion equals terrorism for some reason. EG is a fucking rag.

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
"I felt pretty disgusting even testing this"

Get help.

You need it.

You literally fucking wrote this bout trying to look under game character skirt.
Those are dangerous levels of self hate.

Last edited:

ududy

Neo Member
I'm almost as disgusted at this behavior as I am about players moving their characters right up into NPCs' faces. Ever heard of personal space, people?

Jada_Li

Banned
This thread is funny as shit. Some of you guys are either a bunch of pansies or your full of shit. Trying to save face on the Internet. Oh, don't look at virtual panties. Someone might findout your a virtual predator. Lockup your FF7R games. These guys might look at girls inappropriately. HAHA!
Like I said, it's just a video game but the thought process and acceptance of objectification oftentimes comes into play in the real world. Though video games need not be in the equation at all for some to adopt that kind of mindset, however for some that's where it could begin. If one thinks this way in a video game, it's highly likely they do in real life as well and how they view women in general and vice versa. How much of the earth's population watch the adult entertainment industry and think nothing of it because it's deemed as "normal".

I had a boy sneakily look up my skirt while I was completely oblivious to it because I often get deep in my thoughts and become less aware of my surroundings. It was bought to my attention when one of the girls next to me noticed and said something. That same boy also invaded my personal space uninvited two more times, once he just out of know where ran up to me to bear hug me and kissed me on the cheek and another time he was playing catch a girl freak a girl but I wasn't even playing nor would I ever, and out of no where he just pushes me down on the ground and starts humping me, then ran off. And another time he asks me if I started growing pubic hair because clearly this was around our puberty phase in which I never answered. What is going on with some boys and where is the guidance of a mother and/or father to teach their sons (and daughters) how to behave and act respectfully towards another human being? Another boy is talking all this messed up stuff about what he wants to do to me and I'm trying to speed up and leave on my bike but before I can even pick up enough speed to get away from him he's constantly touching my behind. My male manager and one of the male co-workers would walk pass me as if there wasn't enough space and literately be brushing themselves against me. Those who molest are detestable.

Another man yelled out to me just to say he likes how I look in jeans. That is not the right approach with me, maybe that might work for some women but I'm not the one where I find that flattering, not at first meeting and not until getting to know each other and feeling comfortable and then seeking out the right mood and time for flirting. Another man can't seem to control himself and is literally staring at my breasts and then guess what, he puts all the blame on me for wearing a somewhat low cut shirt like he can't control his eye placement. I'm small breasted so in my mind there wasn't really much to look at but he was taller than me so his view was likely different than from the front. Anyway, that same man developed a crush on me, for all the wrong reasons, and when I didn't reciprocate he thought to bring me down through manipulating my self-esteem and he completely changed to a horrible so-called friend. I never fell for any of his shenanigans and he eventually said he was in love with me and then admitted he was actually lusting after me. Like duh, I knew that from the very beginning. But at least that experience taught me that having small breasts doesn't equal no unwanted attention. I just thought that was an issue for women with larger breasts but yeah I was wrong.

I'm sure these kinds of unwanted incidents can happen to males too that have self-respect and would be offended by being inappropriately touched, having their personal space invaded when they didn't send an invitation or viewed as an object for pleasure than as a human being with emotions, intellect, dreams and so on.

Unfortunately, this kind of ill behavior existed then and still exists now, and whether stuff like this is practiced by some players in video games and/or done in real life is telling. What's so different about saying it's ok for certain people to like minors in video games because it's not hurting anyone in real life but fail to realize that it all starts in your mind, then comes the obsession, then comes actually committing to it because fiction isn't enough. Not that fiction/escapism should ever be used to entertain dark fantasies. How do I know? I'm related to a family member into some messed up stuff and a so-called professional had the nerve to say it's harmless to just think when this related person already admitted they already did what was on their mind. Of course this isn't everyone, yes I'm aware, but be aware...be very weary of what you may be getting yourself in to. Is that the kind of person you want to be? If so, hey your life and you do what you want. It's none of my business but a warning for those who do care the kind of man or woman you want to be.

Like I said, it's just a video game but the thought process and acceptance of objectification oftentimes comes into play in the real world. Though video games need not be in the equation at all for some to adopt that kind of mindset, however for some that's where it could begin. If one thinks this way in a video game, it's highly likely they do in real life as well and how they view women in general and vice versa. How much of the earth's population watch the adult entertainment industry and think nothing of it because it's deemed as "normal".
i mean...videogames, movies, books, manga, animation; art in general is a representation of the human condition/culture. No the other way around.

I had a boy sneakily look up my skirt while I was completely oblivious to it because I often get deep in my thoughts and become less aware of my surroundings. It was bought to my attention when one of the girls next to me noticed and said something. That same boy also invaded my personal space uninvited two more times, once he just out of know where ran up to me to bear hug me and kissed me on the cheek and another time he was playing catch a girl freak a girl but I wasn't even playing nor would I ever, and out of no where he just pushes me down on the ground and starts humping me, then ran off. And another time he asks me if I started growing pubic hair because clearly this was around our puberty phase in which I never answered. What is going on with some boys and where is the guidance of a mother and/or father to teach their sons (and daughters) how to behave and act respectfully towards another human being? Another boy is talking all this messed up stuff about what he wants to do to me and I'm trying to speed up and leave on my bike but before I can even pick up enough speed to get away from him he's constantly touching my behind. My male manager and one of the male co-workers would walk pass me as if there wasn't enough space and literately be brushing themselves against me. Those who molest are detestable.
Humans are capable to the most altruistc shit AND be monsters at the same time...I read a book called "The Lucifer Effect"...yep. scary shit and to think that everyone (including me) is capable to do those thing is terrifying AF.

Another man yelled out to me just to say he likes how I look in jeans. That is not the right approach with me, maybe that might work for some women but I'm not the one where I find that flattering, not at first meeting and not until getting to know each other and feeling comfortable and then seeking out the right mood and time for flirting. Another man can't seem to control himself and is literally staring at my breasts and then guess what, he puts all the blame on me for wearing a somewhat low cut shirt like he can't control his eye placement. I'm small breasted so in my mind there wasn't really much to look at but he was taller than me so his view was likely different than from the front. Anyway, that same man developed a crush on me, for all the wrong reasons, and when I didn't reciprocate he thought to bring me down through manipulating my self-esteem and he completely changed to a horrible so-called friend. I never fell for any of his shenanigans and he eventually said he was in love with me and then admitted he was actually lusting after me. Like duh, I knew that from the very beginning. But at least that experience taught me that having small breasts doesn't equal no unwanted attention. I just thought that was an issue for women with larger breasts but yeah I was wrong.
men can also be harrased myself included.

the thing is...when you are growing up you start to realize how much of the real world it revolves around sex.

I'm sure these kinds of unwanted incidents can happen to males too that have self-respect and would be offended by being inappropriately touched, having their personal space invaded when they didn't send an invitation or viewed as an object for pleasure than as a human being with emotions, intellect, dreams and so on.
oversimplification.

Unfortunately, this kind of ill behavior existed then and still exists now, and whether stuff like this is practiced by some players in video games and/or done in real life is telling.
totally irrelevant.

What's so different about saying it's ok for certain people to like minors in video games because it's not hurting anyone in real life but fail to realize that it all starts in your mind, then comes the obsession, then comes actually committing to it because fiction isn't enough. Not that fiction/escapism should ever be used to entertain dark fantasies.
the issue is the person not the medium.

How do I know? I'm related to a family member into some messed up stuff and a so-called professional had the nerve to say it's harmless to just think when this related person already admitted they already did what was on their mind. Of course this isn't everyone, yes I'm aware, but be aware...be very weary of what you may be getting yourself in to. Is that the kind of person you want to be? If so, hey your life and you do what you want. It's none of my business but a warning for those who do care the kind of man or woman you want to be.
I think you are oversimplifying things waaaaay too much.

I think you are entangling different subjects that required separate analyses.

Unfortunately, this kind of ill behavior existed then and still exists now, and whether stuff like this is practiced by some players in video games and/or done in real life is telling. What's so different about saying it's ok for certain people to like minors in video games because it's not hurting anyone in real life but fail to realize that it all starts in your mind, then comes the obsession, then comes actually committing to it because fiction isn't enough. Not that fiction/escapism should ever be used to entertain dark fantasies. How do I know? I'm related to a family member into some messed up stuff and a so-called professional had the nerve to say it's harmless to just think when this related person already admitted they already did what was on their mind. Of course this isn't everyone, yes I'm aware, but be aware...be very weary of what you may be getting yourself in to. Is that the kind of person you want to be? If so, hey your life and you do what you want. It's none of my business but a warning for those who do care the kind of man or woman you want to be.
What does that have to do with looking at a video game character model?
Inappropriate people exist everywhere. The kid didn't get curious to look up a skirt because of a video game. If anything, making it such a taboo is what gets weirdos with no social skills to fetishize certain parts of the human anatomy. Pretty sure nobody in a nudist colony is looking under skirts or shorts because everything is out in the open.

Luc2010

Jada,

These boys/men should know better than to sneak a peak and just show respect. Their upbringing is the issue at hand. Without a proper guardian/parent to guide them. These things will continue to happen. You can't blame the medium for one's own decisions. You can't blame the car that killed someone because the drunk decided to drive. You can't blame the shotgun because a person decided to shoot another. These people just need to learn how to act around other individuals and be respectful. Sorry you will run into a few sick individuals that have been raised poorly. I personally would have beat those kids if I seen them doing that to a girl. What doesn't kill you should make you stronger.

Fredrik

Personally I think it’s interesting that certain people are always acting like video game characters are real and they feel disgusted if the characters aren’t treated with respect regarding objectification and sexualization…
Meanwhile you never hear these people talk about how they feel when they play violent games with gore and guns and swords etc. Those talks are usually shut down for whataboutism, quite obviously because if they thought the same way regarding violence they would need to change hobby.

I mean, where is the logic? If someone feel disgusted over looking up a skirt of a game character, how does it feel to shoot a game character?

Let games be games.

Jada_Li

Banned
You guys are hilarious to completely disregard what is being said, fail reading comprehension and instead put words in my mouth and turn the subject into something else. Not surprising though, not at all.

The world is topsy-turvy. What is right is wrong. What is wrong is right.

You guys are hilarious to completely disregard what is being said, fail reading comprehension and instead put words in my mouth and turn the subject into something else. Not surprising though, not at all.

i just run your words through Chat GPT

could you say is a good summary?

The text discusses the issue of objectification and inappropriate behavior toward women. It highlights how the thought process of objectification in video games can influence individuals in real life. The author shares their personal experience of being subjected to unwanted attention and invasion of personal space and expresses concern about the lack of guidance from parents and society on how to behave respectfully towards others. The author also warns against the idea that harmful thoughts or behaviors in video games are harmless and emphasizes the need to be mindful of one's actions and the kind of person one wants to be.

Brigandier

"I felt pretty disgusting doing this"

"But I still did it and then shared this with the world by posting it on a gaming website..."

Fucking dork.

kiphalfton

It's a video game, get over yourself.

We've all done it. Positioned the camera up an ass or in the titties.

Don't lie.

Every guy who is straight looks at ass, tits, and even coochie in real life, if it comes into their line of sight. Hell most people crane their neck to make sure it is in their line of sight, or take a victory lap to get a second glance.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I don’t know if I’d call them scum. They’re definitely spineless shills that have zero identity, making them pretty worthless.

That's what you call a "Nice Guy".

I.E. somebody who pretends to be nice, but is doing so to try and get in a females pants (and when he gets shot down, proceeds to act like a butthurt bitch about it and usually insults said female).

So yeah, I'd say "scum" is pretty accurate (though I don't disagree with you; spineless shill and worthless works just as well).

Fredrik

Nah, the subject is still the same, it’s about where you draw the line regarding - fiction and reality.
For real, once we start acting like anything in games is more than polygon skirts and polygon brain splatter and if-statements and actually somewhat real that will truly affect a normal person in real life - then 99% of the games released needs to be banned, instantly. Looking up a skirt is hardly the worst thing you can do in games you know.
I guess what you would have left in the end is cooking games and farming games. And a proud Jack Thompson.

TLOU: ”Awesome!”

Ashley upskirt: ”OMG Ewww!”

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I have a few questions for the eurogamer journo - I know you are reading this broski.

Why is this term (up skirt) even a verb? Why is it a thing? And why do you know it? Why do beards as seen on your photo make people like you look like even bigger pussies?

K2D

Banned
Why is this term (up skirt) even a verb? Why is it a thing? And why do you know it?

Devils advocate here; some people (not me of course) live their lives not in a complete vacuum..! You tend to learn things through others - co-workers, friends, family etc..

Bojji

Every guy who is straight looks at ass, tits, and even coochie in real life, if it comes into their line of sight. Hell most people crane their neck to make sure it is in their line of sight, or take a victory lap to get a second glance.

True. This is super natural, woman look at male asses all the time as well.

Our minds are designed to constantly judge looks of other people and when we find someone very attractive we want to look more, especially on "more interesting" parts. And skirts were always working on males more than other types of clothing (yoga pants are second probably).

What I really want to know is how anyone can play through this game, which even has you control Ashley from a third person perspective obviously, and fail to see that she is wearing shorts in this remake. I actually had to check a video and the answer is that apparently "upskirting" in this game entails tilting the camera down and upwards at Ashley, just as you can on Leon's ass or package and get the same view. The camera doesn't go anywhere near invasive territory so to speak.

So once again, faux-concern clickbait by authors who probably need to churn out whatever pops in their heads to keep the money flowing.

And to be clear, I was lambasting the author's overly transparent Good Guy (tm) shtick specifically. This has zero to do with my thoughts on actual issues. If I saw someone try to look up a woman's skirt in public, I'd yank their fuckin chain. But the Good Guy persona is not that. It's a fake-ass mask predominantly milquetoast-y white guys seem to adopt to gain social acceptance by groveling where it isn't necessary as a shield for potential future criticism. I think it comes off as deceptive and weird as hell, kind of like when politicians are suspiciously obsessive about a perceived issue only to get busted fully indulging 6 months later.

Rhazkul

It's a fake-ass mask predominantly milquetoast-y white guys seem to adopt to gain social acceptance by groveling where it isn't necessary as a shield for potential future criticism.

He's a "nice guy". And nothing is more off-putting to a woman than a creepy "nice guy".
Their niceness isn't genuine. They aren't nice for the sake of niceness and genuine politeness itself. They treat "niceness" as a covert social contract. And when their delusional non-existent contract gets "broken" (because a woman rejected them, wasn't nice in return etc), they drop the mask and act hostile, bitter and angry. Beware of "nice guys". They are entitled toxic passive-aggressive shitters.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Giving people like him a platform to post his stupidity was a mistake. These are the idiots that game devs listen to these days and that's tragic. More so in the west than in japan, but even japan is falling prey to it little by little.

Top Bottom