• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asking for more (PC) game recommendations for my 8 year old daughter

I previously came to GAF in search of game recommendations for my daughter, and some advice has been absolutely great. Here are the games she played and really enjoyed so far:

• Island Saver
  • Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
  • Superflight
  • Sonic & All Stars Transformed Racing

We also tried Slime Rancher but that did not grab her as much as Island Saver had, she was particularly put off the game when slimes started eating each others' poops and turning into tar..

One game I have my eyes on is Bluey: The Video Game which I plan to get during the Summer Sale on Steam. We also have Rayman Origins which I think we will have fun playing in coop.

I am open to your suggestions for more games to introduce her though. She can now play quite competently with both the KBM and gamepad. Games that would run on her 3 years old i5 laptop's IGP would be great, so don't be afraid to recommend older games!

winjer

Gold Member
My 8 year old nephew loves the Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
He also loves Forza Horizon 5. Not so much for the racing, but just for driving around.

Also consider:
Super Lucky's Tale
Spyro Trilogy
Bluey: The Videogame

Does it have to be a pc for other purposes than gaming otherwise I would recommend a steamdeck.
Yes, let's stick to PC please :)

I would suggest stardew valley.

If you need more, look here.
Stardew Valley, I think I own this on GOG, thank you. I will also check the link.

Planet Zoo or Planet Coaster
Fall Guys
Spyro Trilogy
Costume Quest
Little King Story
I actually bought Planet Zoo for her and she was very excited to play it! Then we launched the game and after messing around with it for a whole hour we could not build a single cage for a gorilla family, and gave up. I have been playing games for 35 years, played a load of city/park building sims and this one flew over even my head. Hence I skipped Planet Coaster as well, but I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 on GOG and those would be great ideas to try.

I will look into your other recommendations. Fall Guys in particular looks like it could be a great pick.

He also loves Forza Horizon 5. Not so much for the racing, but just for driving around.

Also consider:
Super Lucky's Tale
Spyro Trilogy
She has very littleinterest in Star Wars. I have Forza Horizon 4, maybe letting her drive around in that can be a fun idea!

As I said, I have my eyes on Bluey: The Videogame, Spyro Trilogy was mentioned above and I'll look into this and Super Lucky's Tale as well thank you!

I'll look into this. Is this one of the better Sonic games?

Topher

Gold Member

Playing that on Xbox for quests lately. Actually a fun little game. Also on game pass, but not sure if on PC Game Pass.

Last edited:

Larxia

Also consider:
Super Lucky's Tale
Spyro Trilogy
The Skywalker Saga is incredible. I'm not a fan of Lego games in general because they feel quite repetitive, but this one is really something. The missions, although still basic, are a bit more original than usual, it's more immersive, but more importantly, the world is HUGE. I have never seen any other Star Wars game offering this much to explore. There are 24 different planets to explore, it's full of detail, it's really pretty, there's even more stuff than in the movies because sometimes they went through the troubles of even adding new towns on sides of some planet that we didn't see before etc...

It will still get repetitive after a while because you still have the collectible / completion quest as a whole, but for a kid, and kids usually like lego games, this one would be like an endless source of content it feels like, there's just so much :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Holammer

The Spongebob games should be pretty child friendly. Maybe give Bloons a try? It's a tower defence and you can get Bloons6 dirt cheap all the time.

Only dipped my toes in Sky: Children of the Light, but it can be something.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How about some Chex Quest?

Or maybe some Lucas Arts adventure games? I loved those as a kid, specially Monkey Island and Sam & Max.

1. Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King (Zelda clone)

2. La-Mulana 2 (2D Metroidvania)

3. COTTOn Rock'n'Roll (SHMUP)

4. Child of Light (Artsy Western JRPG)

5. Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (2D Metroidvania)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Give her some Doom Eternal glory.
I legit had a lot of fun playing quake 2 with my 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter in the new split screen co-op mode.
I'm assuming you are looking for single player recommendations OP, I only play co-op and vs games with my kids - the rest of the time they play minecraft.

Last edited:
The Spongebob games should be pretty child friendly. Maybe give Bloons a try? It's a tower defence and you can get Bloons6 dirt cheap all the time.

Only dipped my toes in Sky: Children of the Light, but it can be something.

I have 200+ hours in Sky. The game is very good the first 30 hours or so. Then it turns into a grindfest for candles, and monetization became the core of the game as it went on. Content drops are slow and shallow. And the community it is probably the best part of the game, but it can be full of creeps especially with auto-translate in the in-game chat. I'd recommend the game, with reservations. Wouldn't want my children play it unattended.

It is a very fun and magical experience the first time you play through it though. It is basically Journey but bigger and better.

foamdino

Dota 2... (I kid, I kid)

Puzzle games like The Room series are awesome for younger gamers as I don't think there is a "fail" state as such you just get stuck (you cannot die).

Classic lucasarts games: The Secret of Monkey Island 1&2, Day of the Tentacle etc. can be a fun time if you play together to work out the solutions.

Top Bottom