• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Curufinwe said:
I've only played Wanted and am at level 19. Almost got my K/D to 50/50, but worrying about that probably hasn't helped my scores. At this rate I'll never get near level 50.

Your K/D ratio isn't a big deal. Check out your challenges. Doing those will get you to 50. Also, try out Manhunt. It's a lot of fun trying to kill someone without worrying about someone up your ass every 2 seconds. Oh, and successfully hiding is a game in itself.

Ever wonder why, with the success of Assassin's Creed, there isn't MORE historical fiction in video games?

Why aren't developers creating stories and experiences throughout a ton of historical periods?

The Antitype said:
Ever wonder why, with the success of Assassin's Creed, there isn't MORE historical fiction in video games?

Why aren't developers creating stories and experiences throughout a ton of historical periods?

To be fair, the fiction in Assassin's Creed's historical fiction outweighs its historical value :p

BigJiantRobut said:
To be fair, the fiction in Assassin's Creed's historical fiction outweighs its historical value :p

Hahaha, I was more thinking about taking real world settings and time periods and writing fiction and gameplay within them. :p

I've never realized this before, but the Brutus Armor actually looks alot like War from Darksiders.

337px-Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png

darksiders_war.jpg

Well, to me at least.

I still don't like it as much as Altair's armor though. :D

Curufinwe

OldJadedGamer said:
Your K/D ratio isn't a big deal. Check out your challenges. Doing those will get you to 50. Also, try out Manhunt. It's a lot of fun trying to kill someone without worrying about someone up your ass every 2 seconds. Oh, and successfully hiding is a game in itself.

I was thinking of trying Manhunt.

rataven

Stabby McSter said:
My favorite thing about this game was having your fellow assassins do all of your dirty work. :>
Yea, the Brotherhood is awesome; I loved raining down an arrow storm on the pests of Rome. But no accompanying whoooosh sound was a missed opportunity for extra badassery.

Curufinwe said:
I was thinking of trying Manhunt.
If you're concerned about hitting level 50 Manhunt definitely appears to be the quickest way. Even if you're not great at the game you can expect some decent scores each match as it's not uncommon for everyone playing to get at least 2,000 points by the end with 5k-8k on the upper end each match for some players. Wanted is rare to have that high of scores across the board.

I'm at 47. I can't wait! I've been putting a bunch of time into the game the past week or two so really looking forward to hitting 50 and taking a bit of a break.

What came with the DLC again? Four characters and two maps? Still a little tempted to pay for that though probably hold off for Revelations.

Lastly, have they said much about multiplayer in Revelations? Any idea if there's going to be many changes?

Manhunt is definitely the most fun mode.

I got placed onto a team with three other random guys. They were a few levels higher than me at the time, and totally 'got' the game.

We didn't run around like idiots, or smoke-bomb chain, or any of that crap, we just chose our powers to complement each other, marked our targets, led people chasing us past each other for knock-downs, all sorts of fun stuff.

We dominated teams, and ran from level 20-something to level 50 in like 3 days.

The Antitype said:
Manhunt is definitely the most fun mode.

I got placed onto a team with three other random guys. They were a few levels higher than me at the time, and totally 'got' the game.

We didn't run around like idiots, or smoke-bomb chain, or any of that crap, we just chose our powers to complement each other, marked our targets, led people chasing us past each other for knock-downs, all sorts of fun stuff.

We dominated teams, and ran from level 20-something to level 50 in like 3 days.
On the other hand it's far too common to get placed with people that just don't play well and are only worried about getting kills and not points. You'll have a teammate mark, go hidden, and poison for a big kill and some other idiot teammate will sprint non-stop to leap on the poisoned target for 150 points instead of potentially 5x or more points for the good kill. Last night I ended a match with 4 kills and my teammate had 16 and had almost the exact same score as me. Drives me nuts.

But getting on those teams that work really well together is fantastic.

Brazil said:
We should definitely get a Extreme Variety and Triple Escape boosting group going.

:p
Except clearing out that achievement would pretty much leave me with the Borgia flags to complete the achievements in the base game and I'd feel compelled to do so yet I doubt I'd enjoy it. I like earning achievements but only when having fun doing so. If I leave it now with three achievements left (also have the co-op bonuses one) then I think I'm okay moving on without doing them.

Besides, I got a triple escape naturally in Wanted mode. I'm awesome like that.

I think I was two bonuses away from a natural Extreme Variety, too. As soon as I realized I was close I got nervous and did terrible the last two minutes of the round.

But once Revelations hits I'll likely be up for plenty of online stuff, heh. For now I just need to move on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
faceless007 said:
Does anything special happen by putting all 10 feathers in the chest?

I think you get a cape... but I'm not really sure. Can't remember.

So I'm just going through the game now. Just to be clear: there is no actual reason to waste my money buying art, is there? It isn't like ACII where it contributes to your revenue, so I'm just going to stop doing it soon...

Curufinwe

OldJadedGamer said:

This was great advice. I find it much easier to improve my K/D ratio and score a lot of points in Manhunt than in Wanted.

But I'm only at level 22 after a dozen hours so I doubt I'll ever get to 50, not with all the big games coming out now.

cluto

Curufinwe said:
This was great advice. I find it much easier to improve my K/D ratio and score a lot of points in Manhunt than in Wanted.
Your K/D is irrelevant. It's your Average Kill Score that matters

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
CrazyDude said:
Is it just my tv or do the builds look very bright in the sun?

It's a stupid post effect to simulate glare from the sun.

Einbroch

Banned
So, I just beat it...

What the hell at the ending. Seriously, wat x 100. The post-credits thing just made it wat x 1000000000, especially when you read the emails.

Curufinwe said:

But I'm only at level 22 after a dozen hours so I doubt I'll ever get to 50, not with all the big games coming out now.

The game became way more fun to me playing Manhunt. You know that your K/D doesn't mean anything and it is all points but if you can have fun and keep your ratio then that is good.

I'm a 50 and it did take time but I wasn't concentrating on my challenges at first. Keep a look on them cause they net you mad points.

Wibblewozzer said:
Except clearing out that achievement would pretty much leave me with the Borgia flags to complete the achievements in the base game and I'd feel compelled to do so yet I doubt I'd enjoy it. I like earning achievements but only when having fun doing so. If I leave it now with three achievements left (also have the co-op bonuses one) then I think I'm okay moving on without doing them.

You could just do what I did, buy all the flag maps from the art vendors, and then just ride around the map collecting them.

The pain in the ass ones are in the Lairs of Romulous.

I've 1000/1000 every AC game. No biggie. *brushes shoulder off* ;)

The Antitype said:
You could just do what I did, buy all the flag maps from the art vendors, and then just ride around the map collecting them.

The pain in the ass ones are in the Lairs of Romulous.

I've 1000/1000 every AC game. No biggie. *brushes shoulder off* ;)
I already had those all purchased because I bought everything possible. It's just a matter of collecting them all and probably not enjoying that experience. At this point I'm done with the game until Revelations but I'll likely get that one near release and be looking to do all those achievements afresh.

I will probably get Extreme Variety sooner or later (lvl 34, Tier 1 in Templar Pyramid Chart), but someone tell me good strategy for not getting killed in a match. I want the damn Platinum!

Curufinwe

Castor Krieg said:
I will probably get Extreme Variety sooner or later (lvl 34, Tier 1 in Templar Pyramid Chart), but someone tell me good strategy for not getting killed in a match. I want the damn Platinum!

I think it has to be a full match, too, because I'm pretty sure I've come in to Wanted matches with 8 minutes left and finished with no deaths, but I never got that Achievement.

Brother just got Brotherhood on PC. Man, what a difference from PS3 version. I kinda want to get PC version of Revelations, I hope this time it won't be delayed.

RBK

Banned
Just finshed this game a few hours ago. Crazy ending.

Now I can get excited for Revelations now. I wonder if Ubisoft is going to take a small departure from Ezio's story to maybe flesh out Altair's more than it was left off in the first one.

Darkone

ChiefEdiri said:
Just finshed this game a few hours ago. Crazy ending.

Now I can get excited for Revelations now. I wonder if Ubisoft is going to take a small departure from Ezio's story to maybe flesh out Altair's more than it was left off in the first one.

Same here, finished the game a week ago and i cant wait for Revelations.
i think after revelations they will concentrate on Desmond.

CrankyJay

Banned
About 50% thru the game. I think it's incredible. I'm having a lot of fun trying to get 100% full synch and just explore things. It's wonderful.

The full sync on Leonardo's tank is a pain in the ass though...

CrankyJay

Banned
The Antitype said:

Uncharted does this as well.

cluto

a Master Ninja said:
Does the Da Vinci Disappearance contain Animus Project Update 1.0 and 2.0 or is each pack separate content?
I believe the Da Vinci Disappearance Multiplayer DLC is called Animus Project Update 3.0, which is separate from 1.0 and 2.0. You select which you want in the multiplayer options, and you can only play against other players using the same respective Animus Update.

cluto said:
I believe the Da Vinci Disappearance Multiplayer DLC is called Animus Project Update 3.0, which is separate from 1.0 and 2.0. You select which you want in the multiplayer options, and you can only play against other players using the same respective Animus Update.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I forgot about that! So that's why I don't get any Chest Capture and Manhunt takes forever to find - I forgot to turn off 3.0 when I finished Assassination. >.<

ajf009

Last trophy I need is the employee of the month.. I highly doubt I'll be able to do it, damn extreme variety.. anyone know a good way to do it? i only haven't done about 8 of the bonuses

ajf009 said:
Last trophy I need is the employee of the month.. I highly doubt I'll be able to do it, damn extreme variety.. anyone know a good way to do it? i only haven't done about 8 of the bonuses
Extreme Variety is really the only one that is a real bitch to earn and honestly unless you're amazingly good and lucky you won't get it naturally. I believe it requires at least four people (including yourself) to boost this one as you have to do a two-on-two. And then it's just a matter of figuring out the proper order of a bunch of kills. If you want to aim to get it naturally use the hidden gun and poison as they have specific bonuses. Make sure to kill someone jumping through the air with the gun and get a poison kill as well as a teammate killing one of your poisoned targets before they die. With a mic this can be managed in a real game if you get someone that's good and cooperative to help with that. The rest will take some real luck and effort. I got really close in a single game on my way to level 50 and even then I'm fairly certain I capped at twelve of the fifteen required bonuses. Once I realized I got the double variety I was so nervous that I biffed it bad and in the last minute just flopped around uselessly worrying about what else I could do.

Messi

Ok, I just finished this. Amazing game, but I have no idea what happened at the very end. i read the wiki descriptions but that just confused me more. can anyone tell me what happened with
desmond and the apple
and fill me in on what happens in the davinci dlc regarding the story. i also heard voices in the credits...or am i hearing things?

I also never found any of the subject glyphs in any of the games, can someone please fill me in on this :)

I read back over a few pages, now im really confused.

endgame spoiler
I was under the impression desmond got the apple at the end, no?, why was he forced to stab lucy and not the other annoying girl

Gvaz

Banned
Messi said:
endgame spoiler
I was under the impression desmond got the apple at the end, no?, why was he forced to stab lucy and not the other annoying girl
I just finished the game yesterday and it seems that it's
implied that Lucy is a double crossing templar spy.

iNvid02

im in the middle of doing the official thread for revelations otherwise i'd have typed a lengthy explanation for you.

the ot should answer everything you wanna know and fill you in on stuff you didn't get, but you gotta wait a month for that

if you wanna find out right know best thing to do is read the wiki stuff or watch a few youtube vids.

Gvaz

Banned
Some of them neither could I, like the code wheels I could for a few then they removed shit and I just didn't understand the pattern and I didn't want to spend more than 5 minutes trying to figure them out so I just looked at the solutions since I just wanted to see the outcome.

LuchaShaq

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
im in the middle of doing the official thread for revelations otherwise i'd have typed a lengthy explanation for you.

the ot should answer everything you wanna know and fill you in on stuff you didn't get, but you gotta wait a month for that

if you wanna find out right know best thing to do is read the wiki stuff or watch a few youtube vids.

I've been avoiding coverage due to spoilers outside of the trailer with the awesome song.

Just wondered if you/anyone knew if the single player guild stuff was still in revelations? Putting 2 fingers up hearing a bird then 4 dudes jumping out of haystacks/roof/doors never got old for me even after two playthroughs.

Irish

LuchaShaq said:
I've been avoiding coverage due to spoilers outside of the trailer with the awesome song.

Just wondered if you/anyone knew if the single player guild stuff was still in revelations? Putting 2 fingers up hearing a bird then 4 dudes jumping out of haystacks/roof/doors never got old for me even after two playthroughs.

Yeah, they are still in there, and they've been improved supposedly. Your assassin recruits have personalities and unique abilities now.

IGN said:
One of the biggest gameplay elements in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was the idea of an actual brotherhood of assassins. In the game, Ezio was able to recruit, train and call upon a league of followers. These soldiers were invaluable, allowing players to strike difficult targets from a distance, even clearing out encampments that would otherwise have been incredibly difficult.

Thus far, Ubisoft has not commented on whether Revelations would feature the brotherhood concept. The publisher confirmed to us that the mechanic is indeed making a return, however with some considerable improvements. First, the assassins themselves will feature more developed personalities and stories, making them more interesting and personable to Ezio and players. Even further than that, players will be able to develop their team more, assigning weapons and classes to the assassins. We'll have more details on this feature in the future.

Top Bottom