• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Do people here still play this on 360? I play quite a lot, but most of the time I'm playing with silent randoms; I'd love to see what it's like to play in a game full of people talking.

Curufinwe

Shotgun Kiss said:
Do people here still play this on 360? I play quite a lot, but most of the time I'm playing with silent randoms; I'd love to see what it's like to play in a game full of people talking.

I play it without a headset and mute anybody that talks.

SamuraiX-

Radec said:
Ending Question..

Is Lucy a descendant of Eve ?

I don't think the ending really hints at that. As of now, the only thing that is clear is that Lucy plays a more crucial role in all of this than we all realized.

Also, remember Subject 16 telling Desmond:

Subject 16: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The Key. Her DNA...

So that leads us to believe that we haven't found this "Eve" just yet, but apparently she's damn important. lol

Radec

SamuraiX- said:
I don't think the ending really hints at that. As of now, the only thing that is clear is that Lucy plays a more crucial role in all of this than we all realized.

Also, remember Subject 16 telling Desmond:

Subject 16: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The Key. Her DNA...

So that leads us to believe that we haven't found this "Eve" just yet, but apparently she's damn important. lol

Maybe that's the reason why Desmond was controlled by Minerva(?) and killed Lucy, to get her DNA (Blood).

SamuraiX-

Radec said:
Maybe that's the reason why Desmond was controlled by Minerva(?) and killed Lucy, to get her DNA (Blood).

I don't think so.

Because what Juno (not Minerva) said doesn't imply that:

Juno: There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Juno: The Path must be opened. You cannot escape your part in this. The scales shall be balanced.

Juno: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

So it seems that killing Lucy was necessary to "balance the scales" or whatever that means, but Eve (assuming) still needs to be found.

Yopis

Shotgun Kiss said:

Play on 360 all the time takes a few tries getting into game the matchmaking sucks.

Radec

Just finished Cristina's missions, damn, I was enjoying this side-story, then bam!
they killed her. :(

SamuraiX- said:
I don't think so.

Because what Juno (not Minerva) said doesn't imply that:

Juno: There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Juno: The Path must be opened. You cannot escape your part in this. The scales shall be balanced.

Juno: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

So it seems that killing Lucy was necessary to "balance the scales" or whatever that means, but Eve (assuming) still needs to be found.

I see, I guess "She" will be revealed in Revelations right?..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Oh what were thoughts on the PC version (DRM aside). How where the controls and graphical improvement?
The image quality is quite lovely. I just used a 360 pad though, mouse and keyboard isn't going to be an improvement over that.

Stallion Free said:
The image quality is quite lovely. I just used a 360 pad though, mouse and keyboard isn't going to be an improvement over that.
I thought that might be the case. I used to have the PS3 version, I beat it, but I'm kind of tempted to give it a second play through since I can get it cheaply.

Just finished the game. Unfortunately I'd read a spoiler a while back but it still pissed me off that it happened.

Those last missions with the
Apple
were stupidly frustrating. It's a pain in the ass to
use and I couldn't figure out how to kill anyone until I read the in-game manual. Even then it seemed to only work half the time, and it annoyed me how Ezio takes three damn seconds to recover every time he uses it. (Few things in games piss me off more than being temporarily immobilized.)

I'm also annoyed the game didn't tell me when the unstoppable endgame began in Sequence 8. I wanted to finish up all the side stuff before beating the game, and I didn't know I was that close. Like other said, it seems like much of the endgame was rushed and thrown together.
Vianna felt strange; half the city was blocked off by animus barriers, so why did they bother building so much of it?

But I'm ready for the next in the series whatever it is, so I guess Ubi did their job.

iNvid02

faceless007 said:
Just finished the game. Unfortunately I'd read a spoiler a while back but it still pissed me off that it happened.

Those last missions with the
Apple
were stupidly frustrating. It's a pain in the ass to
use and I couldn't figure out how to kill anyone until I read the in-game manual. Even then it seemed to only work half the time, and it annoyed me how Ezio takes three damn seconds to recover every time he uses it. (Few things in games piss me off more than being temporarily immobilized.)

I'm also annoyed the game didn't tell me when the unstoppable endgame began in Sequence 8. I wanted to finish up all the side stuff before beating the game, and I didn't know I was that close. Like other said, it seems like much of the endgame was rushed and thrown together.
Vianna felt strange; half the city was blocked off by animus barriers, so why did they bother building so much of it?

But I'm ready for the next in the series whatever it is, so I guess Ubi did their job.

if im remembering correctly, you use the apple of eden in short bursts - so you charge it up for a bit and then release, this way ezio wont overexert himself. from what your saying it sounds like you charged it up too much, hence being immobilized for a bit.

iirc, after cesare was arrested in rome there was a sudden leap forward to spain, ezio located cesare again after being convinced he was not dealt with. cesare had escaped prison and was trying to get another army, ezio fights him and you eventually let him fall off the edge, after this ezio hides the apple in the temple of juno. skip to modern day with desmond and its ok, ending just where they wanted it to so you'll come back for more.

edit: uhh shame about my op, didn't really have photoshop skills when i created it, and a few months later the main image host shutdown. i'm gonna make the op for revelations epic this time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Finally started this game after months of it sitting in my backlog. I'm not really a completionist or achievement whore but I do like the story. What I want to know is whether or not completing missions without getting 100% sync will effect my ability to see all story related sequences for this game. Also, there seem to be the same eagle vision missions as in Ass2 (where you climb buildings looking for symbols)...do I need to do these for additional story reveals like ass2?

Thanks! Simply yes or no answers will suffice but if you want to elaborate a little without spoilers that would be nice too. :)

SamuraiX-

What I want to know is whether or not completing missions without getting 100% sync will effect my ability to see all story related sequences for this game.

Nope. That option is just there as an attempt to give the player an extra challenge since the combat becomes a joke after a while considering you're a master assassin.

Also, there seem to be the same eagle vision missions as in Ass2 (where you climb buildings looking for symbols)...do I need to do these for additional story reveals like ass2?

Yes. Discovering all the Subject 16 glyphs and completing the puzzles will allow you to advance in your knowledge of the underlying plot of the series, which ties together with Desmond and the present.

RedAssedApe

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Nope. That option is just there as an attempt to give the player an extra challenge since the combat becomes a joke after a while considering you're a master assassin.

Yes. Discovering all the Subject 16 glyphs and completing the puzzles will allow you to advance in your knowledge of the underlying plot of the series, which ties together with Desmond and the present.

THANKS!

Abylim

Just started playing this recently. Wow, I quite enjoyed AC2, but this is just so much better.

I love building up my recruits. I love using them too.

I find myself just wandering around and looking at things. I'm seriously impressed!

At Sequence 5 now... dont want it to end!

Gvaz

Banned
I started playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood the other day and well...
emot-stare.gif

I'm not sure if I want to play anything else.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
OK I finally finished this... took a long pause right near the end (like 20 mins from the conclusion) but jumped back in and surprisingly remembered what was going on.

Here's the thing... I found the conclusion a little
shocking/confusing...
but the most
confusing part was during the credits.
I mean wtf. It sounded like this entire
deal apparently is some Inception-level dream within a dream, animus within an animus bullshit?

Am I interpreting this wrong? If not... it makes
no fucking sense
. It would
betray the entire concept of genetic memory and what the animus is meant to do.

The Stig

just started this (steam). ass creed 2 was wonderful.

I love the story, reminds me of how MGS gets a bit loopy at times but it is still fun

Evolved1 said:
no fucking sense
. It would

They've deliberately
left it as a mindfuck ending. We'll find out what's what when the next game releases in November, so I reckon there's no point looking too deeply into it right now.

I did some snooping on IMDB and noticed that
Kristen Bell (the voice actor of Lucy) is not credited for the next game. Is it possible that they are hiding her involvement or does it mean that she really did die off at the end of Brotherhood and that's the end of her involvement? It would be unfortunate if there's no proper explanation to the events of the ending.

Evolved1

Brazil said:
Fuck these multiplayer trophies.

Yeah... I'm not feeling the MP gameplay. This will be the first AC game I don't 100%. And I hardly ever 100% anything. I go out of my way to do it in AC... not quite sure why... but I'm annoyed it seems out of reach this time. The 100% is like my ultimate seal of approval of a game.

MP trophies in general are bullshit unless you're a MP-centric game. Or unless they are extra DLC or something.

spindoctor said:
They've deliberately
left it as a mindfuck ending. We'll find out what's what when the next game releases in November, so I reckon there's no point looking too deeply into it right now.

Kristen Bell (the voice actor of Lucy) is not credited for the next game. Is it possible that they are hiding her involvement or does it mean that she really did die off at the end of Brotherhood and that's the end of her involvement? It would be unfortunate if there's no proper explanation to the events of the ending.

Well... I'll reserve judgement until then... but I have to say I wasn't very happy when I heard that. I was already a little annoyed how they handled (it seemed very rushed) the events with the characters at the end.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Evolved1 said:
Yeah... I'm not feeling the MP gameplay. This will be the first AC game I don't 100%. And I hardly ever 100% anything. I go out of my way to do it in AC... not quite sure why... but I'm annoyed it seems out of reach this time. The 100% is like my ultimate seal of approval of a game.

MP trophies in general are bullshit unless you're a MP-centric game. Or unless they are extra DLC or something.
I really like the multiplayer, actually, but some of the trophies are absolute bullshit. Hopefully I'll find a good group to boost them with.

iNvid02

we had a group of people and got the trophies that way when the game first came out - some are pretty hard and at the end of the day you shouldn't have to go online to get 100%.

but ubi wants the modes to blend, in the next one you wont even be able to pick certain characters in multiplayer unless you've completed something to do with them in the story.

Brazil said:
Fuck these multiplayer trophies.

A lot of them are pretty easy and you get from just playing. I didn't boost any of them and got them all except for 2. The ones where you have to get all the challenges in one match or something like that. Those two were impossible to beat.

But getting my rank 50 was super fun IMO.

iNvidious01 said:
we had a group of people and got the trophies that way when the game first came out - some are pretty hard and at the end of the day you shouldn't have to go online to get 100%.

I can't think of any game outside of Call of Duty that has a Multiplayer and *does not* have any trophies/achievements for it.

Evolved1

Brazil said:
I really like the multiplayer, actually, but some of the trophies are absolute bullshit. Hopefully I'll find a good group to boost them with.

What system are you playing on? I haven't really given the MP much chance... I did the tutorial which left me completely confused and then like two matches. One of them I guess I won? I don't know. It was months ago. But I've been thinking about giving it another (proper) attempt. I'm on PS3 and not above helping someone get trophies if they're really obtuse. Won't be bothering with them myself.. but if I'm going to give the MP another shot anyway, maybe I could help you.

Brazil

Evolved1 said:
What system are you playing on?
PS3.

OldJadedGamer said:
A lot of them are pretty easy and you get from just playing. I didn't boost any of them and got them all except for 2. The ones where you have to get all the challenges in one match or something like that. Those two were impossible to beat.

But getting my rank 50 was super fun IMO.
I'm on rank 30, and I'm only missing the 2 you mentioned and that one you get when you take the lead with 10 seconds left on the clock.

Evolved1

OldJadedGamer said:

Hahaha

Brazil said:
I'm on rank 30, and I'm only missing the 2 you mentioned and that one you get when you take the lead with 10 seconds left on the clock.

When I was reading through the list this seemed like one that would probably happen quite a bit during regular play... guess not.

Um... if I want to get into the MP do I have to buy any DLC?

mr_chun

Some of the trophies almost require boosting. Elaborate, well-planned boosting. The "Abstergo Employee of the Month" one... I don't see how it's even possible without boosting, cause it took me and two friends a while to get it. We had to plan the kills and stuns out in a certain order, and make sure we all knew where to stand and what to do to execute them as quickly as possible.

EDIT: I did actually get the "take the lead in the last 10 seconds" one during the course of normal gameplay. I was in second place, and got a kill as time expired. Simple as that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
spindoctor said:
They've deliberately

Are Shaun and Rebecca's voice actors coming back?

Desmond should have stabbed Rebecca, she's so annoying. She's the worst character of the series.

SamuraiX-

Evolved1 said:
OK I finally finished this... took a long pause right near the end (like 20 mins from the conclusion) but jumped back in and surprisingly remembered what was going on.

Here's the thing... I found the conclusion a little
shocking/confusing...
but the most
confusing part was during the credits.
I mean wtf. It sounded like this entire
deal apparently is some Inception-level dream within a dream, animus within an animus bullshit?

no fucking sense
. It would

Yeah, the ending kinda throws you off. But I don't think there's any dreams-within-dreams or animus-within-animus thing going on. I think the idea is that William M. and his people found Desmond at Juno's temple and then order that he be placed back in the Animus. The problem is that he was in a state of shock, so his mind will be thrown into a type of "limbo."

Evolved1

ESnake... you really should always preview posts that have spoiler tags.

Brazil

Evolved1 said:
When I was reading through the list this seemed like one that would probably happen quite a bit during regular play... guess not.

Um... if I want to get into the MP do I have to buy any DLC?
The multiplayer DLC packs are free.

iNvid02

so whats the rule for discussing spoilers about previous games in an official thread? will we still need to spoiler tag stuff relating to the other games?

Evolved1

iNvidious01 said:
so whats the rule for discussing spoilers about previous games in an official thread? will we still need to spoiler tag stuff relating to the other games?

My thought (or expectations entering a thread) would be that anything from previous games is fair game... but I don't know the forum policy.

spindoctor said:
Did you also notice that
Nolan North isn't listed?
I wouldn't read too much into an imdb page of a video game before release. They're usually not complete until the credits roll after release, unless a company puts out a press release showing off all of their Hollywood connections.

iNvid02

Evolved1 said:
My thought (or expectations entering a thread) would be that anything from previous games is fair game... but I don't know the forum policy.

thats what im thinking, im wring up the spoiler notice thing and obviously revelations spoilers/speculation has to be tagged, but i think tagging stuff about the last games will just hold back the discussion

Top Bottom