• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

spindoctor said:
I did some snooping on IMDB and noticed that
Kristen Bell (the voice actor of Lucy) is not credited for the next game. Is it possible that they are hiding her involvement or does it mean that she really did die off at the end of Brotherhood and that's the end of her involvement? It would be unfortunate if there's no proper explanation to the events of the ending.
They don't have to release any info to IMDB that they don't want to, and if they did
bring Bell back, they would absolutely want to hide it as long as possible. We can't read anything into that at this point.

iNvid02

^^ yeah i think thats the case, when i talked to the actress who voiced juno she said they get called in when everything is done and just read their lines, and its still more than 2 months away yet so they're probably keeping it under wraps until launch

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
I have the deluxe edition of ACB on steam, am I missing anything in game?
Nope, you have all the bonus tomb things and the Da Vinci DLC so you are set. Make sure you do all that stuff too because it's delicious stuff.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
mr_chun said:
One of them costs $10 (incl.. new sp scenario, 4 mp characters, two maps, two game modes), but yeah the other three are free.
I never knew the Da Vinci pack included MP stuff. Hopefully it'll go on sale soon so I can pick it up. $10 is a bit too much.

Gvaz

Banned
Is there another "kill everyone on the boat without being seen" level? Because those whole set of quests made me want to throw my computer out a window. That was easily the worst part of AC2 but it was right towards the end so I can forgive it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
Is there another "kill everyone on the boat without being seen" level? Because those whole set of quests made me want to throw my computer out a window. That was easily the worst part of AC2 but it was right towards the end so I can forgive it.
No, there aren't any levels like that in ACB. At least none that come even remotely close in terms of frustration.

Brazil said:
I'm on rank 30, and I'm only missing the 2 you mentioned and that one you get when you take the lead with 10 seconds left on the clock.

Well, you don't have your rank 50 trophy yet either ;) Yeah, the 10 seconds one I got at level 49 totally random. Same as the other poster, I was second place and got a kill at the last second bumping me to first.

ajf009

i was trying to plat this game but the online trophies are just crazy.. no way im getting the abstergo employee trophy or the teamwork trophy.. rediculous

fokkusu said:
Getting tired of this stun experience boosting shit.. :p Why there must be level 50 trophy, why?

Play the game legit, it is a fun as hell game as long as people dont abuse things like Templar Vision.

I still dont get Templar Vision, it basically ruins the entire point of the game.

Decided to replay the three AC games in the run-up to the release of Revelations.

Finished AC and AC2, now I'm working on Brotherhood.

Forgot how fucking slow this game starts out. I mean, it doesn't have a long tutorial, but the drip of new armors, mission types (thieves, courtesans, assassination contracts, etc) is just painfully slow. Then you hit sequence 4 and the map EXPLODES with shit to do. Weird pacing.

Random question: Everybody's favorite outfit to use for Brotherhood single-player? I love the look of Altair's Armor.

Gvaz

Banned
I've gotten sick of the fact the brotherhood gates all the good armor with fucking stupid shop quests (and how I've fucked myself over a few times by selling items because I didn't understand how shop quests operate) so I'm using the Heavy Armor now. Also because it has Dagger sheaths on the belt.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Antitype said:
Decided to replay the three AC games in the run-up to the release of Revelations.

Finished AC and AC2, now I'm working on Brotherhood.

Forgot how fucking slow this game starts out. I mean, it doesn't have a long tutorial, but the drip of new armors, mission types (thieves, courtesans, assassination contracts, etc) is just painfully slow. Then you hit sequence 4 and the map EXPLODES with shit to do. Weird pacing.

Random question: Everybody's favorite outfit to use for Brotherhood single-player? I love the look of Altair's Armor.

I like Altair's robes... but they're not very well done in Brotherhood. Seem kind of cheap.

The one armor set you get with some of the DLC is cool. I generally go with the last set you buy, in classic assassin white.

rataven

Some of the custom color combinations were pretty nice. There was a dark navy that looked pretty slick. But from the outfits, Helmschmied Drachen armor, for sure.

SNh4R.jpg

Evolved1 said:
I like Altair's robes... but they're not very well done in Brotherhood. Seem kind of cheap.

The one armor set you get with some of the DLC is cool. I generally go with the last set you buy, in classic assassin white.

I love the look of Altair's classic robes, but they seemed a little weird for the Renessaince period. I always switched to that outfit for the Assassin's Tombs though... as if I was retracing Altair's footsteps when he was hiding the parts.

Yes, I'm a dork.

rataven said:
Some of the custom color combinations were pretty nice. There was a dark navy that looked pretty slick. But from the outfits, Helmschmied Drachen armor, for sure.

SNh4R.jpg

How do you get that armor in white? When I select it, the white parts (in that picture) are jet black.

I do love the Altair Armor though. Just classy looking.

Armor_of_Alta%C3%AFr_v.png

Evolved1

My biggest gripe with AC2 and Brotherhood design is that it's too busy. I understand what they were going for, their reason behind it, but I really miss the Altair style.

The supposed "Altair armor" I thought was very unlike anything that fit the character... it was more like what Ezio might wear than Altair.

Original AC outfit is still the best by a million times... and the coolest gaming outfit ever. Glad to see it's back for revelations.

rataven

The Antitype said:
How do you get that armor in white? When I select it, the white parts (in that picture) are jet black.
Actually, I don't think you can. The shot I posted was concept art, probaby done in lighter colors to show it off more. But in game, it's a darker grey like color.
9v9qR.png

I liked Altair's armor for ACII quite a bit, but it doesn't fit in as well in Brotherhood. I like the more authoritative look of the Brotherhood outfits. Plus, the Altair armor doesn't remind me of him at all. It'll be interesting to see if they incorporate it into the story of Revelations somehow.

Evolved1

That are looks way better in assassin's white. That might be the best Ezio armor... but the black is meh.

Jay Shadow said:
Did you also notice that
Nolan North isn't listed?
I wouldn't read too much into an imdb page of a video game before release. They're usually not complete until the credits roll after release, unless a company puts out a press release showing off all of their Hollywood connections.

So...no one heard the update at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance?

William says they got what they needed, the coordinates are near Turin, NY. It's also where one of the pieces show up on the codex map (or really close to it). That, along with Rome and Florence forms a Pythagorean triangle. Guess what that DLC was about?

Luthos

Evolved1 said:
My biggest gripe with AC2 and Brotherhood design is that it's too busy. I understand what they were going for, their reason behind it, but I really miss the Altair style.

The supposed "Altair armor" I thought was very unlike anything that fit the character... it was more like what Ezio might wear than Altair.

Original AC outfit is still the best by a million times... and the coolest gaming outfit ever. Glad to see it's back for revelations.
Agreed.

For being an assassin, his outfit looks way to busy and clunky. I mean you have a lot of neat "gadgets" so to speak. But doesn't look too easy to sneak around.

I too like Altair's outfit in AC1.

Evolved1 said:

Well to be fair, Altair was a Grand Master Assassin when he put together that armor. So I look at it as more of a cross between the leather armor/robes he wore in AC, and the longer, darker robes worn by Al Mualim (a grand master).

I actually like Ezio's armor in Assassin's Creed 2. It's different, but equally cool to Altair's robes in it's own right. I've always felt like Ezio looked like a warrior ready to go to war, while Altair looked like a man trying to avoid one.

I don't really like the armor in Brotherhood though, because it takes the elements that made Altair's Armor look really special, and just recolored it to standard white. It kind of felt like saying 'you know that ultimate level you and your legendary ancestor attained? You know the look associated with it? That's the baseline look now.'

Also happy to see Altair's robes back for Revelations. But I wouldn't be surprised if in the last Altair mission you play, you're playing as an older Altair in his black uber-armor.

But yeah, this is just badass:

892997-altiar_super.png

Nothing fancy. Robes inspired by the wings of a falcon, and all the tools for the job. A stark-white angel of death that would be whispered of through the ages.

iNvid02

equip the armor then dye your robes, i think that works

ezio looks much better without a cape in revelations, and his hood seems pointier, old ezio ftw

iNvidious01 said:
equip the armor then dye your robes, i think that works

ezio looks much better without a cape in revelations, and his hood seems pointier, old ezio ftw

Agreed. But I think some of it has to do with practicality. He had to go traveling over mountains and what-not, hence the fur for warmth. And I don't know about the fashion in Constantinople, but maybe a cape would just draw attention instead of making him blend?

In any case, in following in the steps of Altair, it seems he's adopting a similar fashion sense - business, not flash. Wear what you need, only what you need, leave the rest.

Evolved1

Altair's sword should've been in brotherhood... I hate all the sword choices. I usually just use the dagger or hidden blades.

Evolved1 said:
Altair's sword should've been in brotherhood... I hate all the sword choices. I usually just use the dagger or hidden blades.

I think if you complete all the Assassin Guild challenges you unlock it.

rataven

The Antitype said:
I actually like Ezio's armor in Assassin's Creed 2. It's different, but equally cool to Altair's robes in it's own right. I've always felt like Ezio looked like a warrior ready to go to war, while Altair looked like a man trying to avoid one.
Funny, I think almost the exact opposite. They both look like they're ready to mess some templars up, but Altair's weaponry is all out there in the open. He looks much more 'military' than Ezio ever did in II.

Ezio's look in Revelations is pretty on point. It's a rougher look, almost haphazard, but functional for the elements that it looks like he'll have to brave. Can't wait for snowy Masyaf.

Evolved1 said:

Totally agree, though you can get it if you complete all the assassination contracts.

Plus, I love the dagger animations.

I used throwing knives in fights in AC, just because I loved the counter kills the most.

One more thing: If Revelations has a single mandator 'no detection' mission, I'm going to be pissed. They have the sync system in place. I have no problem with demanding 'no detection' for the option full sync. Cool.

But there's no reason why a mission should fail if you're detected by ONE guy. The beauty of AC versus a Splinter Cell is all the options at your disposal. Stay undetected is just one.

AC has always been about fluid options, and missions evolving and unfolding in different ways. Mixing stealth and combat, silence and action. Going to the one-alarm you're dead mantra of the ORIGINAL Splinter Cell is so fucking backwards and unwelcome.

And for the record, I did get the 100% sync achievement on my full playthrough. So it's not a matter of not being able to play stealthy, it's just a preference for having all my options at my disposal at all times.

The Antitype said:
Totally agree, though you can get it if you complete all the assassination contracts.

Plus, I love the dagger animations.

I used throwing knives in fights in AC, just because I loved the counter kills the most.

One more thing: If Revelations has a single mandator 'no detection' mission, I'm going to be pissed. They have the sync system in place. I have no problem with demanding 'no detection' for the option full sync. Cool.

But there's no reason why a mission should fail if you're detected by ONE guy. The beauty of AC versus a Splinter Cell is all the options at your disposal. Stay undetected is just one.

AC has always been about fluid options, and missions evolving and unfolding in different ways. Mixing stealth and combat, silence and action. Going to the one-alarm you're dead mantra of the ORIGINAL Splinter Cell is so fucking backwards and unwelcome.

And for the record, I did get the 100% sync achievement on my full playthrough. So it's not a matter of not being able to play stealthy, it's just a preference for having all my options at my disposal at all times.

Indeed. I hated this in older games, and I hate it now. It's different if that what you choose, but I feel it can open up and not suffer at all.

bobs99 ... said:
Play the game legit, it is a fun as hell game as long as people dont abuse things like Templar Vision.

I still dont get Templar Vision, it basically ruins the entire point of the game.
For me the best way to combat Templar Vision is with Charge. I blend and keep an eye out for suspicious folks. Once I see the shimmer I'll lock on and charge them. Or if I see the shimmer and there's a fairly obvious partner for the enemy right there to kill me following a stun I'll just run away and live for another day. I picked it back up around a week ago and have gone from level 20 to 42 and once I started using Charge I haven't gone back. I also really dig having Disguise because it works fairly well after having ran off and escaping.

And admittedly I use Templar Vision on my offensive set. I use it from a distance and quickly duck behind a wall and throw on a disguise. From there I can typically move in and get a focus kill since it's rare that anyone is keeping an eye on someone that doesn't look like their expected target.

This is all in Manhunt. I don't play Wanted anymore but the Templar Vision stuff would stay the same for that mode.

Wibblewozzer said:
For me the best way to combat Templar Vision is with Charge. I blend and keep an eye out for suspicious folks. Once I see the shimmer I'll lock on and charge them. Or if I see the shimmer and there's a fairly obvious partner for the enemy right there to kill me following a stun I'll just run away and live for another day. I picked it back up around a week ago and have gone from level 20 to 42 and once I started using Charge I haven't gone back. I also really dig having Disguise because it works fairly well after having ran off and escaping.

And admittedly I use Templar Vision on my offensive set. I use it from a distance and quickly duck behind a wall and throw on a disguise. From there I can typically move in and get a focus kill since it's rare that anyone is keeping an eye on someone that doesn't look like their expected target.

This is all in Manhunt. I don't play Wanted anymore but the Templar Vision stuff would stay the same for that mode.

People using Templar Vision light-up like xmas trees. It's easy to start sprinting as soon as you see them, hit a chase breaker, and then escape the kill. And if you're playing Team DM, then people on your team can mark them when they seem them use it.

Honestly, by the time I hit lvl 50, nobody was using it anymore in Team DM.

rataven said:
Funny, I think almost the exact opposite. They both look like they're ready to mess some templars up, but Altair's weaponry is all out there in the open. He looks much more 'military' than Ezio ever did in II.

Ezio's look in Revelations is pretty on point. It's a rougher look, almost haphazard, but functional for the elements that it looks like he'll have to brave. Can't wait for snowy Masyaf.

?

What weapon of Ezio's isn't in the open? You can see his sword, dagger, throwing knives, bomb pouch, poison pouch... the only thing hidden on him is the blades. You can add a crossbow to that in Brotherhood.

I was referring more to his armor, the stuff you upgrade and buy. The greaves and spaulders, chest armor and boots. It's engraved metal, for all to see. It looks cool, but definitely looks like a guy prepared to take on a fight.

Altair has his tools (fewer of them), but his leather armor is worn beneath the robes or dyed to hide them from plain sight. The leather armor isn't designed to take a beating, he wears armor designed for somebody who's trying to keep fights as short and infrequent as possible.

Evolved1

I can't believe how fucking hard the first Copernicus mission is... I mean wtf. I can defeat a hundred guys in AC w/o taking a hit. But the general clunkiness of the controls makes babysitting some retarded douche in a mob completely impossible. He keeps running away! I only attack the guy attacking him, but I constantly get "sucked into" encounters with the other assailants and he runs away!

God babysitting in game is annoying enough (and Assassin's Creed has you doing this far too much) but when the game controls are janky like they often are in this game, it's infuriating.

Whoever thought this was a good idea is a retard... and a bad game developer. You suck at your job dude, and I hate you.

rataven

The Antitype said:
?

What weapon of Ezio's isn't in the open? You can see his sword, dagger, throwing knives, bomb pouch, poison pouch... the only thing hidden on him is the blades. You can add a crossbow to that in Brotherhood.

I was referring more to his armor, the stuff you upgrade and buy. The greaves and spaulders, chest armor and boots. It's engraved metal, for all to see. It looks cool, but definitely looks like a guy prepared to take on a fight.

Altair has his tools (fewer of them), but his leather armor is worn beneath the robes or dyed to hide them from plain sight. The leather armor isn't designed to take a beating, he wears armor designed for somebody who's trying to keep fights as short and infrequent as possible.
While neither one of these guys are foolin' anyone, Ezio looks passable for the relative peace of the renaissance era. He isn't dressed nearly as combatively as the Italian forces patrolling the city, and at least attempts to conceal his tools via the cape over the hidden blade and dagger, and the double hidden blade up his opposite sleeve. And I'm basing this off of their official character art from I and II, since the other armor is optional.

Altair is designed as a member of an order organized for the sole purpose to combat the Templars and enforce their creed. He's surrounded by like-dressed assassins there for the same purpose. His look definitely seems more battle-oriented and military than Ezio, who, for the better part of II, waged his war with the Templars as an Assassin outfitted in a unique and weird uniform he found stuffed in a trunk.

KTallguy said:
I like the rewards for going full stealth and I hope those kinds of missions still exist in AC.
Same here. I definitely feel more assassin-y when going for stealth.

rataven said:
While neither one of these guys are foolin' anyone, Ezio looks passable for the relative peace of the renaissance era. He isn't dressed nearly as combatively as the Italian forces patrolling the city, and at least attempts to conceal his tools via the cape over the hidden blade and dagger, and the double hidden blade up his opposite sleeve. And I'm basing this off of their official character art from I and II, since the other armor is optional.

Altair is designed as a member of an order organized for the sole purpose to combat the Templars and enforce their creed. He's surrounded by like-dressed assassins there for the same purpose. His look definitely seems more battle-oriented and military than Ezio, who, for the better part of II, waged his war with the Templars as an Assassin outfitted in a unique and weird uniform he found stuffed in a trunk.

Right, but the Templars are basically the only ones who knew what members of the assassin's order looked like. In fact, they were the only ones that knew of their existence in Masayef.

For everybody else in the Crusades era (which, btw, wasn't exactly the most peaceful of times), he looked like a guy that could pass as a scholar or priest from a distance (or in a group) or otherwise, was just another traveling warrior on his way to the battle lines.

I just think walking through the streets of Renaissance Italy in plate armor and a ton of weapons feels like more of a guy LOOKING for a fight, than Altair, who looks like a guy that would rather avoid one... but is more than capable of ending what you start.

But you're right, neither guy would fool anybody in this day and age. Which is probably why Desmond is going to keep on wearing a hoodie and jeans for his action in Revelations.

KTallguy said:
I like the rewards for going full stealth and I hope those kinds of missions still exist in AC.

I have no problem being there as an option, and giving players special rewards for doing so. I just don't like them being the default criteria for finishing a mission, PERIOD. For full sync, or to unlock some special weapon/armor, I think it's a great feature.

Gvaz said:
So what's your favorite tool in the game? Mine's the Crossbow.

Poison.

I love casually walking past somebody, not raising any attention, keeping the lock-on going and watching the guy start to seize over my shoulder as I walk away through the crowd.

Oh, another thing:

No more fucking vehicle sections!

I don't play assassin's creed for shitty ass flying, tank, or other vehicle sections. They're boring and a pain in the ass.

Claiming they offer 'variety' to the experience is like saying a bout of diarrhea during a movie offers 'variety'. Sure, it's different, but not in a good way.

Keep that shit OUT.

The Antitype said:
Poison.

I love casually walking past somebody, not raising any attention, keeping the lock-on going and watching the guy start to seize over my shoulder as I walk away through the crowd.
Bonus: poison a guard, then throw coins around him. Watch the hijinks that ensue.

Evolved1

Since AC1 I've thought the best weapon was the hidden blade. The way he'd hold it behind himself, hidden from sight, waiting to counter... bad ass.

And you can't block with it, so you're forced to counter perfectly... it took some practice to get really good with it in AC1, but it quickly became my favorite way to dispatch a mob. Not much in AC really takes skill, so this was probably the most challenging thing. The hidden blade -- the gentleman's weapon.

Seriously though... in other news... this DLC mission can suck a dick.

Evolved1 said:
Since AC1 I've thought the best weapon was the hidden blade. The way he'd hold it behind himself, hidden from sight, waiting to counter... bad ass.

And you can't block with it, so you're forced to counter perfectly... it took some practice to get really good with it in AC1, but it quickly became my favorite way to dispatch a mob. Not much in AC really takes skill, so this was probably the most challenging thing. The hidden blade -- the gentleman's weapon.

Agree 100%.

Curufinwe

I've only played Wanted and am at level 19. Almost got my K/D to 50/50, but worrying about that probably hasn't helped my scores. At this rate I'll never get near level 50.

rataven

Evolved1 said:

Same here. Well said.

PooBone

I'm replaying this game again at the moment. Just started Sequence 7. These games are so amazing. Love em, can't wait for Revelations and beyond. Just sucks that my favorite part of Brotherhood is
running around the coliseum with Desmond at the end
which is the only part of the game that gets locked out once you finish it.

iNvid02

PooBone said:
I'm replaying this game again at the moment. Just started Sequence 7. These games are so amazing. Love em, can't wait for Revelations and beyond. Just sucks that my favorite part of Brotherhood is
running around the coliseum with Desmond at the end
which is the only part of the game that gets locked out once you finish it.

yeah it had a really dark feel to it which seems to have carried onto revelations which is great

Evolved1 said:

Seriously though... in other news... this DLC mission can suck a dick.

Agreed. But he said 'tool' not weapon, so I was thinking aside from blades and swords. :p

The hidden-blade is to AC what the chainsaw bayonet is to GoW. It's iconic.

Top Bottom