• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I just picked this up, can somebody explain the DLC to me? There's two mission packs for 160 space bucks each. But then there's another pack that has one of the mission packs PLUS three extra levels for 400 space bucks? Should I just get the two mission packs for $4 or spring for the whole set for $7?

szaromir

Banned
I play the PC version and have some technical issues. Particularly, the game runs at ~20fps pretty much all the time and it doesn't matter if the graphics setting are set at low or max detail. Is this game that CPU intensive? My CPU is Core i5 430M.

jett

D-Member
szaromir said:
I play the PC version and have some technical issues. Particularly, the game runs at ~20fps pretty much all the time and it doesn't matter if the graphics setting are set at low or max detail. Is this game that CPU intensive? My CPU is Core i5 430M.

PC port is garbage. I have the same issue, no matter what resolution, what graphics option I choose, no matter WHAT, framerate always hovers at around 20fps.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
szaromir said:
I have heard many recommendations against the i5's pretty much every time they are brought up. I think they are underpowered.

szaromir

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I have heard many recommendations against the i5's pretty much every time they are brought up. I think they are underpowered.
Maybe, but I'm willing to bet AC2 as well. It's the first game that has trouble running on my laptop.

Ranger X

Princess Skittles said:
I just picked this up, can somebody explain the DLC to me? There's two mission packs for 160 space bucks each. But then there's another pack that has one of the mission packs PLUS three extra levels for 400 space bucks? Should I just get the two mission packs for $4 or spring for the whole set for $7?

If you want everything, buy the mission pack that is alone and then the second pack wich contains the second mission pack + extra levels.
If you want only the best stuff, I would say "Bonfires of Vanity" and the extra levels are worth it and you can skip the other mission sequence.

Also, if you buy this all and only then start your game, every mission and levels will integrate themselves in the timeline, in the walkthrough of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm. In the original game they say there's a glitch or something that forces you to skip chapters. Did they change that for the people who download the DLC before starting the game?

Ranger X

firehawk12 said:
Hmm. In the original game they say there's a glitch or something that forces you to skip chapters. Did they change that for the people who download the DLC before starting the game?

Yep. When you arrive at that point, the glitch doesn't happen. The scene becomes a bit different and you go play the DLC sequences.

Dead

well not really...yet
Ranger X said:
Also, if you buy this all and only then start your game, every mission and levels will integrate themselves in the timeline, in the walkthrough of the game.
What if I already started the game (currently in sequence 4) and then buy them?

Will they still be placed where they belong as long as I buy them before that point in the game?

Just curious, as Ive started a 2nd playthrough

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Ranger X said:
If you want everything, buy the mission pack that is alone and then the second pack wich contains the second mission pack + extra levels.
If you want only the best stuff, I would say "Bonfires of Vanity" and the extra levels are worth it and you can skip the other mission sequence.
Luckily I grabbed everything them on the sale but in case anyone else is wondering, the two DLC levels were worth it, the Templar lairs, not so much.

But yes, the second DLC (Bonfire) is so much >>> the first one.. but they form a complete story together.

Still, it was only $7 (well, less given cheap points cards) for the whole lot of them.. which is hard to complain about.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just platinumed this game 2 weeks ago (2nd platinum). I'd say this is one of my favorite open world action adventure games ever.

Oneself

I tried to continue my single player game yesterday... and I guess I'm done with AC2!!

My PS3 died and I got it back a week ago, I transfered all my data etc. but AC2's file is copy protected... so thank you Ubisoft, I will now trade your shit for something else.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger X said:
Yep. When you arrive at that point, the glitch doesn't happen. The scene becomes a bit different and you go play the DLC sequences.
ew, that seems so gross to me

Roto13

Finally bought this the other day (saw it for $20 at an independent games store as opposed to the $40 they're charging at EBGames because they're crooks) and I'm loving it so far. I might be the only person in the world who likes Altair more than Ezio, though. :p There are too many "everymen" in games these days.

gdt

Just finished this yesterday, loved it. Loved the ending too. Hopefully we can use Desmond in a sci-fi futuristic setting in AC3.

Sagitario

No word on the GOTY edition for consoles in America?

Ranger X said:

Wait... if I don't buy the DLC, the glitch will occur for sure?

Roto13

Ok, someone needs to take a screenshot of
Marco Whatever and Dante Moro after you finish those minigames at the carnival.

DangerStepp

Roto13 said:
Ok, someone needs to take a screenshot of
Marco Whatever and Dante Moro after you finish those minigames at the carnival.

How come? I just finished this part and didn't notice anything.

Roto13

DangerStepp said:
How come? I just finished this part and didn't notice anything.
Because it's hilarious. :p

mgh6J.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a certain chest in Monteriggion. It's the one on the left on the north wall. It should be simple enough to find but I don't see it there. :p Help?

ilPhx.jpg

crispyben

Roto13 said:
I'm having trouble finding a certain chest in Monteriggion. It's the one on the left on the north wall. It should be simple enough to find but I don't see it there. :p Help?

ilPhx.jpg
I think it's in the mines, try to access them from the north, at the foot of the wall.

Ranger X

Dead said:
What if I already started the game (currently in sequence 4) and then buy them?

Will they still be placed where they belong as long as I buy them before that point in the game?

Just curious, as Ive started a 2nd playthrough

You're good. The DLC sequences are inserting themselves later in the game. (sequence 12 and 13 if I remember right). So as long as you buy them before being there, they should insert itself.

Roto13

crispyben said:
I think it's in the mines, try to access them from the north, at the foot of the wall.
You might be right, but there's a gate in front of the entrance to the mine and I can't open it. I hope it's not missed permanently. :/

EDIT: Apparently there's a bug that sometimes causes the mines to be closed off, even after you've upgraded them. But it can be fixed by reloading. Thanks for the help. :p

Ranger X said:
You're good. The DLC sequences are inserting themselves later in the game. (sequence 12 and 13 if I remember right). So as long as you buy them before being there, they should insert itself.
I'm not sure if they are necessary though. I was ready to move on with AC2 as soon as I finished the game and I wonder if having those DLC sequences in from the start will make it feel like its dragging on.

I did buy them, but just haven't got around to them, partially because I was all "gamed out" when they finally arrived (same goes for ME2 DLC). I'm going to play them before Brotherhood though.

Roto13

In this case, it's probably not a bad idea to wait until Sequence 11 to decide whether or not you want to buy more or if you just want the game to end.

jett

D-Member
Took me a freaking year but I finally got all feathers and thus platinum'd this bitch. Ready for Brotherhood now. :D

jett

D-Member
Bought the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC, cuz I got the AC bug now! Lame, to say the least. It was pretty much a mission pack without much brains into it and almost no plot, and the new Templar dungeons don't hold a candle to those from the full game. Whatever DLC AC:B has I don't think I will be bothering with it.

Roto13

The other DLC has what's-her-face yelling obscenities in Italian about her vagina, so that's kind of worth the price of admission.

ArjanN

jett said:
Bought the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC, cuz I got the AC bug now! Lame, to say the least. It was pretty much a mission pack without much brains into it and almost no plot, and the new Templar dungeons don't hold a candle to those from the full game. Whatever DLC AC:B has I don't think I will be bothering with it.

It's like the Mass Effect 2 DLC for me. It works pretty well if you play it during a playthrough of the full game, but if you only play it after finishing the game, it feels a bit off.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Roto13 said:
I didn't know you could pick the broom up.

And I didn't know you could cut someone's throat after you grab them.
Slitting throats with a broom is one of the best experiences I had in my entire gaming career.

I surprised people think the combat is so easy. The guards are all basically turtles who never let an attack in ever. The only way I win is because I just slam the counter button until they die and I guess THAT is a bit too easy, but I want to have some more back and forth in the combat.

Blueblur1

I'm about to start playing AC 2 right now. I didn't really liked the first game when I played it earlier this year but AC 2 caught my eye a while back so I picked it up on the cheap. Any recommendations or tips? I hope to really enjoy it.

hetchi

Blueblur1 said:
I'm about to start playing AC 2 right now. I didn't really liked the first game when I played it earlier this year but AC 2 caught my eye a while back so I picked it up on the cheap. Any recommendations or tips? I hope to really enjoy it.

Buy the treasure maps around each area and find the chests. It'll come in handy down the road in the Auditore Villa so save up for the villa.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blueblur1 said:

The game starts off a bit slow. The game really begins when you get the iconic Assassin outfit. Once you're done with Florence, you'll know whether or not you'll like the game or not.

Blueblur1

hetchi said:
Buy the treasure maps around each area and find the chests. It'll come in handy down the road in the Auditore Villa so save up for the villa.
Will do. Thank you.

ZealousD said:
The game starts off a bit slow. The game really begins when you get the iconic Assassin outfit. Once you're done with Florence, you'll know whether or not you'll like the game or not.
Actually, I've made an hour's worth of progress and I already like it more than the original AC. I feel like the UI is much better and the game is really good at expanding upon things (I can't help but check all the new database entries). So far so good. :)

Curufinwe

gdt5016 said:
Just finished this yesterday, loved it. Loved the ending too. Hopefully we can use Desmond in a sci-fi futuristic setting in AC3.

I just finished it yesterday, but I hope there's at least one more historical setting left in the series.

I really liked the game overall, but I thought the combat was a bit sloppy & boring compared to a game like Batman. Maybe I just never learned how to fight properly, but I didn't need to because dying in combat is almost impossible if you keep a decent amount of medicine in your pouch at all times.

An-Det

Was there ever word on a stateside release of the Game of the Year edition (with the dlc) that released in PAL territories? I was surprised that it wasn't released in preparation for Brotherhood, since it was the version I always planned to buy.

ntb825

I bought this game during the Steam sale yesterday.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but the framerate is pretty jumpy on my machine. It runs at 60fps with all of the settings maxed out MOST of the time, but there are times where it drops to 30-ish. I tried turning AF off, which helped a little, but it still gets a little jumpy when panning the camera around.

Are there any console commands for this game? I'm hoping there is a frame limiter so I can just lock it at 30fps to get rid of the framerate drops.

edit: yes, I tried googling it and found nothing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LTTP: But I got it today.

Can someone summerize Ass Creed 1 for me? No subtitles in that one and my 360 died when I was in the fourth or fifth memory strand. Ass Creed 2 gives a summery, but it isn't subtitled (WTF, Ubisoft!?).

However, the rest of the game is subtitled, which is a refreshing change of pace and nice to be able to experince the game fully now.

Ezio: "Can I come in?"
Christina: "Only for a minute."
Ezio: "A minute is all I need!"
Christina: "Indeed."
Ezio: "Wait... that came out wrong..."

:lol

It also seems there is more to do. Kinda turning the game from a platforming sandbox into a TRUE platforming sandbox. Having money and looting dead bodies and stuff... it just feels a lot more alive than Ass Creed 1. I'm loving it and I haven't even started into the major memories yet. It's just a major MAJOR set up from Ass Creed 1. Really nice.

Trickster

So uhm, I just booted the game up 5 min ago, getting ready to jump back in where i left off yesterday. I pick my save game and it loads, then i enter the game, and I'm in memory sequence
, instead of memory sequence
7 or 8
. Bassically, ALL the fucking stuff i spent all day doing yesterday is just fucking gone, what the fuck man.

anyway, just wanna know if there is anything I can do? Is it possible to download other peoples save games or something?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, so I left town. Will I be able to return to places later in the game for the feathers, or am I hosed?

Top Bottom