• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InsiderGaming: Assassin's Creed 1 Remake in the works alongside Co-Op Assassin's Creed Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
assassins-creed-red.jpg

Alongside Red, the franchise will see the release of Assassin’s Creed Infinity – which is the new central hub for all things Assassin’s Creed and is understood to be where the ‘modern day’ story takes place. As such, the series will be moving to one unified engine named the ‘Anvil Pipeline’, which will allow development between games to run more smoothly and allow the series to benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry.

Other projects include Obsidian (Black Flag Remake), Nebula (settings based in India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean), Raid (a free-to-play 4-player co-op that’s PvE), Echoes (another multiplayer title), and another Assassin’s Creed Remake which are all scheduled to release by the end of the decade.

Source

HL3.exe

Assassin‘s Creed 1 felt the most pure to the concept. I’m looking forward to it.
And it still didn't fell full formed.

But instead of expanding on the assassin fantasy and designing more interesting simulation elements into it like Hitman, they instead went with the GTA route (icon on map -> cutscene -> linear mission 🥱). Such wasted potential.

Hope they expand on the original promise with the remake.

SJRB

Gold Member
No fucking way.

Just like that Splinter Cell remake that's been in development for like 7 years now, right?

ungalo

Instead i wished Ubisoft (or any big western dev) would make a game that would make me feel like AC1 made me feel back in the days. Something like a punch in the gut.

But no it's just a shitty remake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom