• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: American Revolution setting confirmed [Game Informer/Box Art]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

I'm liking the setting for this, definitely not what I was expecting. The boxart and GI cover look fantastic, but I do wish the boxart stayed consistent with the rest of the series.

Vire

gcO7a.png

Free Avatar.

Symphonic

This game is walking a thin line. Having the main character being native american is going to piss people off, I can see it now. My girlfriend is half-blood Native American and she's told me the game has to really watch how it portrays Native Americans to not raise controversy.

What? Was it confirmed he was Native American? Did I miss something?

Zeliard

For people complaining about American locales: the Brits and the French were also involved in the Revolutionary War too, you know. It's not outside the realm of possibility that AC3 could take place in part in Paris or London.

Or Montreal, since Canada was invaded early on. :>

Lausebub

Banned
Wow, the boxart changed a lot of minds in this thread. They went from "meh" to "day one" in a glimpse of a second. Well, I was extied anyway so...

*insertshutupandtakemymoneygif*

Alrix

This game is walking a thin line. Having the main character being native american is going to piss people off, I can see it now. My girlfriend is half-blood Native American and she's told me the game has to really watch how it portrays Native Americans to not raise controversy.

I'm pretty excited for it. I think it's really cool if the new character is native american, that's pretty fresh as far as video game experiences go. Plus it would leave him neutral to assassinate the americans, the british and the french, wherever the templars are.

Petrichor

You think it's a more controversial setting than the crusades?

Alrix

Also interesting is I wonder if this will be the Assassin's Creed game coming out on Wii U. Nintendo would probably be saving that for E3 and the whole "re-unveiling" but I can imagine they really want to grab this title. October 20th or so release date? I wonder if we'll have Wii U by then.

Curufinwe

Pissing a few people off won't hurt sales, so why would Ubisoft care even if that happens?

Alucrid

Banned
How does she feel about prey?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Initially I wasn't as hyped, because I actually wanted to play as Shao Jun. However, after the GI cover, and box art pictures: I AM FUCKING HYPED. DAY 1. COME AT ME BRO!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The American Civil War was from 1851-1855 (I believe). The southern United States wanted to secede from the Union and form their own country. They had plantations and such and were an important part of the nation's economy. The Union (the north) basically fought to subdue them and keep them as part of the country. I think a common belief is that slavery was the main issue, but I think it was just a political maneuver by Abraham Lincoln to gain support. Southern plantation owners gained a lot from slavery (free labor) but in the "more enlightened" north it didn't have the same support.

No, it was the main issue. The nation split over slavery. The reasons behind Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation were debatable, but that didn't happen until near the end of the war.

Apath

The box cover art looks awful. The Game Informer art looks amazing. Can't wait for the custom box art thread's take.

Jtrizzy

The main character is supposedly half Native American half Colonist. It's a pretty big stretch to think any Native American would be helping George Washington as the art depicts. Yes I know that some tribes fought with the colonists, but my understanding is that was the tiny minority, and the vast majority fought on the side of the British.

Also the hood still looks ridiculously out of place for the time period. I don't care if it's iconic to the series, it looks stupid in a picture with George Washington.

Alrix

And he's gotta be only half Native as there needs to be link between him and Ezio's bloodline.

Not Ezio, he just needs to have a common bloodline with Desmond. So this dude's descendants could have met Ezio's in America at some point, if i understand it right.

I'm part African and Creek Indian and it's just a game.

LiK

The main character is supposedly half Native American half Colonist. It's a pretty big stretch to think any Native American would be helping George Washington as the art depicts. Yes I know that some tribes fought with the colonists, but my understanding is that was the tiny minority, and the vast majority fought on the side of the British.

Also the hood still looks ridiculously out of place for the time period. I don't care if it's iconic to the series, it looks stupid.

Different tribes fought on both British, French and American sides.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not Ezio, he just needs to have a common bloodline with Desmond. So this dude's descendants could have met Ezio's in America at some point, if i understand it right.

Ubisoft already confirmed in a video last year that Altair, Ezio, and this new character are not related by blood. If they were then it would dilute Desmond's Assassin's blood. This new character and Desmond are related. Ezio and Desmond are related. However, Ezio and the new guy is not.

Miggytronz

Puerto Rico <- Very boring history. We're not even an independent "nation, island, country, w/e" though I really don't care at all, just stating how we've always been someone's bitch lol

Pride is all we have man. Just be proud and spread our culture near and far. I was born and raised in PR. Best way to spread our culture is obviously by our food. My mom makes authentic meals almost everyday, sometimes i invite my friends to come by and watch my mom cook and learn things on how and why certain ingredients are used, hell sometimes my parents break out into stories of the past.

I love being Puerto Rican.

That's not true. A lot of your indigenous peoples history has be whitewashed but the truth is still out there. You just have to know where to find it.

http://www.centrelink.org/KearnsDNA.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As01jVTvLVI

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...d-keywords=taino&sprefix=taino,stripbooks,401

Thanks for this man.

Ubisoft already confirmed in a video last year that Altair, Ezio, and this new character are not related by blood. If they were then it would dilute Desmond's Assassin's blood. This new character and Desmond are related. Ezio and Desmond are related. However, Ezio and the new guy is not.

My mind...

KillGore

hell, if i were selling a product in the USA i'd cover that shit in american flags and eagles, i don't see how the country of origin is at all relevant

I don't think Americans care if a game is set in their country. People love to complain about games and USA but I think most games are based on other countries, outside USA, at least that I can recall. The biggest games based in the US are the rockstar ones but the rest are either in Asia, Europe or a fantasy country/world. Even with that, those games still sell amazingly well in the US.

-PXG-

CJ was black in San Andreas. Guess I should get mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom