• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage features mtx

ffs

hWFKR10.jpg

Last edited:
Annoying, but you don't have to use them :p

Issue is they can come in the way of game progression and just makes for a shitty gaming experience, I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft even gimped quest and side quest rewards such as loot and resources, just so they can push the gamers to buy the loot and XP multipliers. They did something similar with Odyssey.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Didnt we know about the Forty Thieves DLC and mtx well before the game was actually announced.

Im sure theres a thread on here about the Assassins Creed leak in which we knew the name of the game because someone leaked the artwork for the DLC already....Ubi ended up having to announce the game soon after.

Pagusas

Elden Member
What, you don't want Taco Bell bill boards hanging in the streets of 861 India? Then pay up you cheap ass.

MonkD

Issue is they can come in the way of game progression and just makes for a shitty gaming experience, I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft even gimped quest and side quest rewards such as loot and resources, just so they can push the gamers to buy the loot and XP multipliers. They did something similar with Odyssey.
I've played through every console released AC and never had a problem. The XP/loot packs are stupid as hell, but way overblown by people who seemingly never played the game.

jm89

That list is just a general list of what could the game have right?

I mean it could be something simple as skins, don't see a big deal if that is the case.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oh I want to know what a fire demon is now!

oh and just dont buy it... you have this thing called FREE WILL. use it.

Draugoth

Gold Member
That's mild.

They have been doing that since Oddissey, you can easily skip the xp boosters.

Meanwhile, Overwatch 2 has different $40 skin packs every week,

you could buy a mansion for the price of every mtx in that game.

Thief1987

That list is just a general list of what could the game have right?

I mean it could be something simple as skins, don't see a big deal if that is the case.
Yeah, that tweet is a typical sensationalistic outrage baiting bullshit. There will be MTX, but the description is just lists what is considered as MTX in general.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Can't stop chuckling at the thought of ancient Baghdad riddled with McDonalds and Starbucks billboards.

Low on stamina? Drink a MONSTER ENERGY DRINK!

Need a health boost? DORITOS

This will probably end up being nothing but the premise of paying more money after already having paid money just to disable advertisements in a videogame is next level bad practices.

Shubh_C63

Ads are the future. Just you wait till licensed games like "ActionGPT-Man" have Doom like gameplay and lore accurate Ads everywhere inside the game.

They will find a way.

caligula13

Gold Member
my wife will buy it (like every AC game), play it till the end and she will have no idea what you guys are talking about

Fbh

"Guys it's just like the old AC titles you know and love!!!*"

*well, you know, almost.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’d love to see a monster energy ad in the middle of the desert in this game. “Was that a mirage!? No just the animus glitching.”

Laptop1991

I'm just going to wait until the game is discounted in the future at some point, i don't want to pay full price for it on release, i like the old Assasisn's Creed, but i don't think this game that was a Valhalla dlc will bring anything new, also Ubisoft are getting worse and they wern't great to begin with.

wvnative

People keep saying this and passing it on as fact, but absolutely none of these games feel grindy at all. Odyssey just had the issue of not making some of the larger quests part of the main quest tree that totally could have.

Most of these MTX in ubisoft titles are just useless to scam stupid people.

Top Bottom