• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Red is "the biggest blockbuster for 2024", says Ubisoft

Draugoth

Gold Member
As spotted by Twitter user Access The Animus, a LinkedIn post by Arisa Lagunzad, who's involved in business development and brand at Ubisoft, suggests that Assassin's Creed Codename Red could arrive as early as next year. In the post, which sought sponsorship partners for the upcoming game, Lagunzad describes it as "the biggest blockbuster for 2024".

The post, translated from Japanese, reads, "We are seeking sponsoring partner for this title Assassin's Creed Codename RED for next year. Assassin's Creed is really expanding the multi-media front, with podcasts and Manga series. Do you want to partner with the biggest blockbuster for 2024?"

Assassin's Creed Codename Red is being developed by Ubisoft Quebec, the team behind Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Details on the game are thin on the ground at the moment, but according to Ubisoft's Marc-Alexis Cote, it's "the future of our open-world RPG games on Assassin's Creed".

Stuart360

Is this like the next mainline Valhalla, Origins, Odyssey style open world rpg one?.
Because Valhalla was HUGE sales wise.
It wont be the biggest game of the year but it will probably be top 5.

EDIT. Ah it is, i missed the bottom of your post.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this like the nest mainline Valhalla, Origins, Odyssey style open world rpg one?.
Because Valhalla was HUGE sales wise.
It wont be the biggest game of the year but it will probably be top 5.

EDIT. Ah it is, i missed the bottom of your post.
I believe so. Mirage started as a Valhalla DLC, which is why it's a smaller / more focused game. This one is supposed to be a mainline entry.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Suuuuuuuure Im gonna gets sober to right?
chris-farley-laugh.gif

Stuart360

I believe so. Mirage started as a Valhalla DLC, which is why it's a smaller / more focused game. This one is supposed to be a mainline entry.
Yeah it is, it says at the bottom of the OP.
Just wanted to make sure because about a year ago Ubisoft literally said they have 5 AC games in development!, 5 games of differing scope, including the next mainline open world RPG one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah it is, it says at the bottom of the OP.
Just wanted to make sure because about a year ago Ubisoft literally said they have 5 AC games in development!, 5 games of differing scope, including the next mainline open world RPG one.
Here's what's in the pipeline, supposedly

• Assassin’s Creed Mirage [single player] (in production) - Oct 12, 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR (in production) - 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade [mobile] (in production) - 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Red [single player] (in production) - 2024?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Hexe [single player] (in production) - 2025/2026?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Invictus [multiplayer] (pre-production) - 2025/2026?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Nebula [single-player] (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Raid [multiplayer] (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Echoes (multiplayer) (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus 2 [VR] (not greenlit yet)
  • Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake [single player] (green light)

Here's what's in the pipeline, supposedly
  • Assassin’s Creed Mirage [single player] (in production) - Oct 12, 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR (in production) - 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade [mobile] (in production) - 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Red [single player] (in production) - 2024?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Hexe [single player] (in production) - 2025/2026?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Invictus [multiplayer] (pre-production) - 2025/2026?
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Nebula [single-player] (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Raid [multiplayer] (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Echoes (multiplayer) (prototype)
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus 2 [VR] (not greenlit yet)
  • Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake [single player] (green light)
Might as well rename Ubisoft into Assassin's Creed Soft!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Ubisoft getting into the new trend of Japanese settings is like seeing your grandparents start posting your favorite meme. You know it's dead at that point.

Ubisoft games are always LTTP when it comes to trends these days. Shame, they used to modernize things even when they were still hated.

YukiOnna

I have no faith in their combat and Rise of the Ronin will school them, I'm just hoping for a very beautiful period drama setting & locations here. Please. All I ask...

StereoVsn

Supposedly Red isn't going to have the dumb (now days) modern stuff. So just basically action RPG essentially by Odyssey team in Japanese setting.

I can get onboard with that.

Low key, I tried Unity the other day to see how it looks on a beefy pc (3090). My god…that game deserves a remake or remaster. They were so ahead with that game but were limited with console tech at the time, recent entries seems like they’re going backwards in game tech wise other than making the map bigger. Unity did crowds, interior, lighting the best imo

Last edited:
If the rumor about a black ninja being a main character is true, then it’s going to be a total shitshow. I hate the cultural imperialists at Ubisoft so much.

Last edited:
Much more looking forward to Mirage this year which is back to the old Ass Creed formula.
I wonder what people mean by this. AC1?
All ACs I played (3, Freedom Cry, 2, Valhalla, Brotherhood iirc in that order) played very similar. Valhalla has just an insane map, while AC2 already was too big and already too repetitive for my liking, but in their core they are the very same game. Freedom Cry with its ships stuff was probably more different.
I hoped that Mirage might be more like Hitman, like an Assassin game should be like, but I have my doubts.

Raonak

Banned
At this point, AC should just drop the Assassins Creed branding. It would automatically make it way more appealing.

EDMIX

Chasing God of War Ragnarok with Valhala
? wtf are you talking about? God Of War Ragnarok released in 2022, AC "valhala" as you call it released in 2020.

Neither game is alike outside enough for anyone to even make a claim either is chasing anyone. Both games are just too vastly different.
now Ghost of Tsushima with this on
I don't see anything to even suggest that either, its too fucking broad, thats like saying some shit like Ghost Of Tsushima is chasing Yakuza.....it tries to find a setting or region and then fucking exaggerate that any one developer owns that fucking setting or something.

Even Ghost Of Tsushima is literally doing a format already done by many, many AC titles, but shit if we are smart enough to realize that clearly Ubisoft doesn't OWN the idea of a open world game, I'm pretty fucking sure we are smart enough to realize Sony doesn't own the idea of vikings or Japan...

So as someone that played all the games mentioned that released in terms of God Of War, AC Valhalla, Ghost Of Tsushima.....no one is chasing anyone regarding those ideas, the games are just too different to believe 1 started something that has never been done or some shit.

Ronin chasing Ghost too? No one ever made a game with a setting of Japan before Ghost or? lol

LordCBH

"Ubisoft Original" how they call their crap nowadays....the irony is palpable.

Look man. I’m glad they put “A Ubisoft Original” under all their titles now. Stopped me from buying an EA made Assassin’s Creed last week when I saw it didn’t say “A Ubisoft Original”.

It's Assassin's Creed....

What world are they living in? If this game is going to be the biggest blockbuster of next year then it's going to be an awfully shitty year for gaming.

KXVXII9X

When Devs/Publishers make giant statements like this, I grow more skeptical. Especially, without seeing any footage.

Saber

Gold Member
Nothing to support this only makes me assume this is yet another generic AC like the countless others AC they keep spamming over and over.

Top Bottom