• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astrobot pre-orders go live tomorrow!

Cohetedor

I already have 2 reasons im not getting this day 1 (no co-op or PSVR2 support) but will now throw in a random 3rd.

They need to have Sackboy join in the fun...Astro and Sacky would go great together, especially with the customizations.
What if they did a Metroid type reveal at the end and Astro is Sackboy in a space suit? Their dimensions are very similar

R6Rider

Gold Member
I mean, I can preorder the day before and preload. Why give companies money 5-6 months in advance?
If I do pre-order, it's through Amazon which doesn't charge you until it ships. But yeah pre-ordering digitally is stupid unless you need extra time to download before launch.

Last edited:

Zadom

9PRxHEU.jpeg

Why do people even preorder nowadays
Yea, with going digital I couldn't tell you the last time I pre-ordered a game. I probably have a few that I technically preordered like 2 or 3 days before but that was really just more to preload. It's kind of pointless with digital, with physical I can understand so you can fully guarantee your copy.

With all that said, I'm gonna pre order Astro Bot as soon as I can. I feel like team Asobi deserves it, as their last 2 games have been awesome and this looks just as good. Plus even if it's just a small help, I wanna help show there is still demand for these type of games. Hopefully it gets a shit ton of preorder or just sells well overall where Asobi can continue to make these type of games.

Shin-Ra

The Pre-Load thing could just be a public or PS5 name for ‘PlayGo’ which starting with PS4 allowed the optimised ‘chunking’ of games for BDROM to HDD copies, prioritising what the player encounters so the whole disc doesn’t need to copy first.

Robb

Gold Member
w=500
Game looks so good!

Bring on a Ps5 Pro bundle so that I can get everything at once.

hinch7

The TGC page loads now. £54.95 + 4549 rewards points worth £11.37 off your next game there within 12 months. TGC prices are often inflated to compensate for the high reward points.
Works out just over £43 with my previous doubled up points and 11 quid towards the next game. Not bad, I'd say.

For something I won't feel FOMO over, and don't mind not getting the game day one. Because they use Royal Mail (and they suck), other than that TGC are pretty great for preorder offers.

midnightAI

Amazon UK link, for those of us that reside in the glorious British empire:

I prefer to not get it from Amazon, you are more likely to pay full price there. That's the cool thing about physical in the UK, there's always online retailers selling it for less than RRP (Asda has been really good at having low prices recently, was one of the cheapest for Stellar Blade)

For example:

Last edited:
I already have 2 reasons im not getting this day 1 (no co-op or PSVR2 support) but will now throw in a random 3rd.

They need to have Sackboy join in the fun...Astro and Sacky would go great together, especially with the customizations.
No sack boy sucks

Markio128

Gold Member
Not sure whether to go physical or digital. The poster with the physical edition looks cool. And I believe that the items received with the digital edition can be collected by playing the game anyway?

Last edited:

skit_data

First game I've ever preordered the deluxe edition of. That Yarnham hunter model was the deciding factor.

Money GIF

Edit: Really looking forward to the release. Astros Playroom is probably the game so far this gen that delivered the most joy for me personally. I tend to play pretty gloomy games in general so that's one aspect of it, but it also managed to hit all the right spots in terms of nostalgia factor. Having the T-Rex tech demo as the end boss was just *chefs kiss*. Due to my childhood obsession with all things dinosaurs it was literally the first thing I started on my Euro Demo1 when my parents bought me a PS1 (that demo1 disc was the only thing I played for several months, my parents didn't even buy an actual game with the console lol). It was only waay waaay later I found out the T-Rex tech demo was like the showcase of PS1s capabilites.
A wierdly fortunate convergence of my personal nostalgia and celebration of the brands history.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The avatars and poster are the exclusive items gained from physical and digital pre ordering. the outfits you get access to immediately as well as controller skins, but can be unlocked as progression goes thru the game.

I honestly don't mind this preorder system, iv noticed Sony use this pretty much exclusively now. Was the same on Spiderman 2 and Stella Blade, prorder just gives early access to some unlocks than being exclusively locked behind it.

splattered

Because it's the only halfway decent looking thing Sony has coming this year, maybe longer.... if this were an Xbox game people would be laughing asking why people pre-order or "they don't even pay for games, doomed"

Game looks cute enough, ill prob pick it up on sale eventually :)

Thief1987

Because it's the only halfway decent looking thing Sony has coming this year, maybe longer.... if this were an Xbox game people would be laughing asking why people pre-order or "they don't even pay for games, doomed"

Game looks cute enough, ill prob pick it up on sale eventually :)
Is it any fun to live with persecution complex?

Duchess

That's the cool thing about physical in the UK, there's always online retailers selling it for less than RRP
Aye. It's actually £5 cheaper at thegamecollection.net

I've bought from them before, and never had any issues.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If you pay for it several months in advance then you can forget you got the game. Then it just shows up on your system like an unfamiliar surprise, sort of like using your left hand when you're all alone.

Top Bottom