• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astrobot pre-orders go live tomorrow!

splattered

Did we skip the first half of the year?

Helldivers is greatness sure but oh wait... games that are on both pc and ps5 count as Playstation exclusives while Xbox games do not now? Hard to keep up with the goal posts here sometimes. I'm just being an ass haha haven't finished my morning coffee yet: p

I havent bought a single brand new ps5 game so far this year, Ronin and Stellar Blade don't look that great to me so waiting for decent sale.

I havent bought a single new Microsoft title this year either to be fair. Still playing stuff from last year and im usually big on pre-orders for the bonus garbage.

Lately I've been more playing backlog games and waiting on larger sales to roll around for newer titles.

Sony and MS have yet to really wow me on anything.

Mr Moose

Helldivers is greatness sure but oh wait... games that are on both pc and ps5 count as Playstation exclusives while Xbox games do not now? Hard to keep up with the goal posts here sometimes. I'm just being an ass haha haven't finished my morning coffee yet: p

I havent bought a single brand new ps5 game so far this year, Ronin and Stellar Blade don't look that great to me so waiting for decent sale.

I havent bought a single new Microsoft title this year either to be fair. Still playing stuff from last year and im usually big on pre-orders for the bonus garbage.

Lately I've been more playing backlog games and waiting on larger sales to roll around for newer titles.

Even without exclusives there's plenty to play on both machines.

Speaking of backlog there's too damn much I need to finish, haven't finished GoW:R or Horizon and a shit load of others.
I've dipped my toe into Starfield recently but the controls while in the ship confuse the fuck out of me, don't know how to travel/land.
New update on Genshin is a bit shit/weak.
Might dive back into Evil Within 2.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Astronaut is exactly what I don’t want I was hoping for socom, astrobot is not what I’m looking for but that’s how it goes for PlayStation these days.

King Dazzar

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

midnightAI

Aye. It's actually £5 cheaper at thegamecollection.net

I've bought from them before, and never had any issues.
Yeh, that's who I've gone with this time (impatience, I could have waited and probably got a better deal in a week or two when others have it up for pre order)

Topher

Gold Member
if this were an Xbox game people would be laughing asking why people pre-order or "they don't even pay for games, doomed"

You are literally replying to a post asking why people preorder a PS game so how does "if this were an Xbox game" take even make sense?

begotten

Any word if there is a special edition for physical release?

The standard version having a poster is enough for me to get physical.

Last edited:

aclar00

We can't ask for these type games if we do not buy these type games.

VR support is something that could be patched in at a later date, in order to improve dev cycle.

Infeel you, but the game as is really isnt my cup of tea. May reason to buy is to play together with the kid or in VR. If closer to launch they say there will be a VR patch, then ill likely bite. Until then though, this will have to be a $30 or less purchase for me.

Shin-Ra

53775747083_66f657568d_c_d.jpg

The WipEout/F1/Resi CD’s for registering the console (by post!)

First game I've ever preordered the deluxe edition of. That Yarnham hunter model was the deciding factor.

Money GIF

Edit: Really looking forward to the release. Astros Playroom is probably the game so far this gen that delivered the most joy for me personally. I tend to play pretty gloomy games in general so that's one aspect of it, but it also managed to hit all the right spots in terms of nostalgia factor. Having the T-Rex tech demo as the end boss was just *chefs kiss*. Due to my childhood obsession with all things dinosaurs it was literally the first thing I started on my Euro Demo1 when my parents bought me a PS1 (that demo1 disc was the only thing I played for several months, my parents didn't even buy an actual game with the console lol). It was only waay waaay later I found out the T-Rex tech demo was like the showcase of PS1s capabilites.
A wierdly fortunate convergence of my personal nostalgia and celebration of the brands history.
Did you print out dino pics from Encarta?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

I wouldn't suggest buying Ronin even with discount.

skit_data

Did you print out dino pics from Encarta?
I don't think so, not that I can remember at least :p I did have a pretty big collection of dinosaur related stuff, some of which I still keep around. I recently started to collect beer cans/ wine bottles with dinosaur related motifs:
OEvbedt.jpeg

Haven't gotten very far though, despite broadening the definition to include Godzilla :p
I guess the fact that I got a bit upset at the name of the "Souropod"-beer (spinosaurs wasn't a sauropod?! why not name the beer Spinosour?! did the manufacturer even know that's a spinosaurid on the can? gaaah!) says something about the level of obsession xD

How do you access the digital soundtrack?

Its not going on Spotify day 1 is it?

Can you access from your phone or just on console?

Pondering if I should get the digital deluxe

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Helldivers II isn't exclusive, it's just exclusively not on Xbox.
He's saying they don't count as exclusives on Xbox because they are also on PC, and it's true.

NOBODY does this. Console exclusive does mean something. Hence why Phil was port begging for Helldivers II.

Audiophile

I really want this to succeed, all the Astrobot stuff is awesome, but I can't quite shake the feeling that it's not gonna land like they hope. To be cynical: Sony will abandon it, the studio will wither and die; and they'll continue to focus more eggs in one Cinematic Extravaganza+GaaS basket. It's less that I have a lack of faith in the company and more that I lack faith in the playerbase turning up. I really, really hope that I'm proven wrong.

I'll enjoy this as an adult and I'm sure many others too... but I think a significant chunk might rely on a younger playerbase and PS5's are still expensive vs where PS4 was in the last gen. I wonder if this can quite hit the mark. Hopefully it coincides well with at least a small price drop in base units alongside the PS5 Pro launch.

I don't even have a PlayStation as my PS5 was sold nearly 2yrs back and I doubt I'll be getting back in with the Pro til early next year at best, but I've pre-ordered my physical copy (something I very rarely do). I really want this one to do well.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Sucks we can't get it with the physical edition.
The outfits and the Dual Speeder paint colors listed above will become available during the adventure as you unlock their respective buildings on the crash site.
Or you mean no early unlock with the physical edition? I don't know if there will be an upgrade option.

Paasei

No matter how badly I look forward towards this game, given from what I’ve seen, I’m preordering it. Also lame they lock the Bloodborne suit behind the digital version.

Top Bottom