• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Physical Deluxe and Collector's Editions will be releasing this fall, with pre-orders starting tomorrow

Kilau

Ahh, that’s good then. I would wait for the copies to get released first though so it can be verified.

It’s a collector’s edition though so could be different (unlikely). It is probably the first game then that’s not on disk. For an expensive collector’s edition that’s a bummer though.

Appears to be the collectors includes the same physical game as the deluxe.

Doom85

Pre-orders for the CE from LRG are up.

Here's the box art from up close:

ajhDZM4.png

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Not a surprising choice for the cover, but it is nice-looking. Also thankfully the text doesn’t overtake the image, keeping it to listing the extra content (though I would have removed the top border and just put Alan Wake Remastered in the “Plus” section to the left as there’s just enough room and it would prevent the very top of Alan’s head from overlapping) and just one thing showing how many awards it won. No Arkham City GOTY Edition cover shenanigans to be found here!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The wording is a bit weird, but I hope at least the base game is there on the actual disc lol.

Actually, now that I'm reading the FAQ myself, it sounds like even with the disc, you're gonna need to do some downloading just for the base game as well, ala Jedi Survivor.

Does the physical version of Alan Wake 2 contain both the expansions Night Springs and The Lake House?

Yes, but the game and the expansions will require an additional download.

How many discs does Alan Wake 2 physical edition ship on?

The game ships on a single disc on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. An additional download will be required.

Last edited:
Actually, now that I'm reading the FAQ myself, it sounds like even with the disc, you're gonna need to do some downloading, ala Jedi Survivor.
Does the physical version of Alan Wake 2 contain both the expansions Night Springs and The Lake House?

Yes, but the game and the expansions will require an additional download.
How many discs does Alan Wake 2 physical edition ship on?

The game ships on a single disc on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. An additional download will be required.
Fml... :messenger_hushed:

xrnzaaas

What interests me is will there be a single-use redeem code for the expansions. Gonna pass if the answer turns out to be yes.

Last edited:
So it's a digital re-release with plastic attached... do these companies really don't understand why some people want physical or are they just trolling us? Have WATA and Limited Run rotted their brains? This is insane. It's not about having 80 dollar artwork on your shelf, it's about owning the freaking game.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If the Deluxe is $80 with LRG's shipping and taxes for the Collector's, you're essentially going to be paying like $140ish for a lamp and an artbook. Total ripoff as are all of their products these days.

hinch7

Couldn't get into the game but those collectors items are pretty cool, ngl. The torch especially.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Only available on GAME so far
£69.99 and comes with Alan Wake II Cardboard Standee and Digital Original Soundtrack
Maybe others will sell it with that stuff.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It says 2.5 to 3 hours...
I don't know, I expected more tbh for 20 bucks (price for the deluxe edition upgrade)

20 bucks gets you 2 DLC's, not one, tho. There's another, more narrative focused one (supposedly), coming in the same upgrade at no extra cost.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
damn i almost bought the discounted digital few months ago.

guess ill wait for the physical copy

Alan Wake

If the Deluxe is $80 with LRG's shipping and taxes for the Collector's, you're essentially going to be paying like $140ish for a lamp and an artbook. Total ripoff as are all of their products these days.
It ended up being $288 for me all in all. A total ripoff for sure but being an Alan Wake fan waiting for the sequel for so many years and finally getting the chance to get a CE, I allowed myself getting ripped/raped by this one.

Last edited:
Just make sure you get the PS5 version (since I know you have both) based on his follow-up post.

gQUqUud.png

Looks like that will be download only regardless of platform.
Thanks for looking out! The original plan was to go with the physical for the PS5 anyway since I have AW1 there. Buuuut man, this whole saga with this AW2 physical release is just a bit too much lol. It reminds me of this meme:

GPlQwYNbwAAcfm1

Heeyyyy, Remedy.

Go fuck yourself. I already got your digital copy. Jackasses.
Yeah don't fall for the new strategy of let's not announce a physical and make them double dip. Got it on pc and my days of needing a physical copy are over. Last double dip was Gta5 on PS5. Sold the physical still wrapped up.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Yeah don't fall for the new strategy of let's not announce a physical and make them double dip. Got it on pc and my days of needing a physical copy are over. Last double dip was Gta5 on PS5. Sold the physical still wrapped up.
Oh yeah. It is the new money grubbing strategy now. Release the physical edition later and put it on Limited Run to pressure people.

CGNoire

For those of you who decided not to buy this because it did not have a physical copy...
...you dodged a bullet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom