• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Athletic/sports records that will never be broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is useless info but ... when I saw the thread I thought it said "Athiest/sport records that will never be broken" and was all, what wha...

Anyway, as you all were.

Shiv47

Is Pujols the only current major leaguer with an outside shot at the hits record? He's got 2073 now and just turned 32 (or 40 or whatever). If he stays healthy, he could do it assuming he DHs the last few years of his career. God could tell him to play till 45 (or 53, etc) if he has a real shot at breaking it.

noquarter

The Favre streak could be beaten by a good kicker I think. I don't think any other position could survive that many games though.

Special teams players don't get counted as starters, and the record is for consecutive starts. So Punters and Kickers need not apply.

Derrick01

Banned
most of federer's records set between '04 and '07 won't be broken. the two that stand out are 237 consecutive weeks at number 1, and 23 consecutive semi finals in the slams.

no one will ever beat 26 top 10 players in a row, or win 24 finals in a row again either...

Djokovic could easily do all of that since he's reached the point where he can cruise by both Nadal and Federer. Tennis outside of those 3 is a wasteland, so if you are 1 of them if you can learn to beat the other 2 then you're unstoppable.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
John Surtees - Only man to win a motorcycling world championship and the Formula One world championship.

No person will ever be able to replicate this feat in the modern era of motorsport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom