• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announced Metaphor: ReFantazio. Coming in 2024 | Xbox Games Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyXDmYRagAA5Dbm
FyXDkNoaAAEd6Kn

FyXKYSZacAADmmf
FyXKcgKaQAEsGtV
FyXKapVacAA1RTW
FyXKWxHaAAAFcXG

Last edited:

Dane

I was jokingly thinking days ago "I wonder if they gonna show up at Xbox Showcase", I wasn't expecting.

Reactions: Isa

Kataploom

Gold Member
My most enjoyed announcement by far, but only because new persona games trailers for leaked. Looks brutal!!

graywolf323

If this is Xbox exclusive.............I'm buying Xbox.
its-always.gif
dude they said world premiere for the trailer not console exclusive, we know it’s not exclusive it’s just the usual marketing BS from Xbox

It should be noted that ATLUS has a history of announcing its games exclusively for Xbox and PC via Microsoft Store, before announcing them for other platforms later. Last year’s announcements of Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal were exclusive to Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Microsoft Store for 48 hours before they were confirmed for other platforms.
the only mistake Gematsu made isn’t that Atlus has a history of this, it’s Xbox that has a history of this

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It is not. They did the same thing with the p3 and p4 ports. Atlus had an embargo to talk about the other platforms.
I mean I hope its not because I dont want to buy another system, I already having hard time keeping up with all the games on Switch and PS5.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

I've been looking forward to this game ever since Katsura Hashino announced that he was going to make a fantasy game next. The most surprising thing is that a PlayStation 5 version hasn't been announced at all. Anyway congrats to Team Green.

Game of the show right here.

Edit: oh PushSquare was talking about this when they said not to panic when a game isn't outright announced for PlayStation 5 as well. I hope it was about this.

Last edited:
dude they said world premiere for the trailer not console exclusive, we know it’s not exclusive it’s just the usual marketing BS from Xbox

the only mistake Gematsu made isn’t that Atlus has a history of this, it’s Xbox that has a history of this
This. They have some sort of agreement that other platforms can’t be mentioned for a short period after the announcement.

It’s really weird.

Game of the Show, and upcoming 2024 Game of the Year (if it makes it). This is what we all expected out of SMT x FE, instead of the idol bullshit.

Danjin44

Persona 3 Reload trailer is also showing is only coming on Xbox but we know its already coming to other systems, lets hope Metaphor is the same.
sbwiS05.png
bZApfdl.png

But regardless....good job Xbox!

Last edited:

Danjin44

They will announce it for PlayStation 5 in a few days. I like that it's a next-gen only game, I'm finally having a lot of reasons to buy a PS5.
I hope you are right, this year super packed and I dont want spend money to buy another system but if it exclusive....
it-is-out-of-my-hands-william-jackson.gif

Top Bottom