• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announced Metaphor: ReFantazio. Coming in 2024 | Xbox Games Showcase 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Considering Sega and MS are pretty firmly in good terms, what are the chances that the inevitable Persona 6 will also be multi-platform at launch?

I'm fan of Soejima art so no, also we knew about that who is character design from very beginning.
ReFantasy2.jpg
I’m confused how you can be tired of that art. Like he the only one doing it. I like it. I would understand if like, they’re 3-5 games a year doing an art like it and the style. But none do

Thief1987

This is an Xbox show, watched by Xbox players. Obviously games are going to be announced for Xbox. It doesn't mean "only" on Xbox. Stop interpreting stuff and calm down.
It's just a usual habit of this narcissist - to make every thread he is in about himself.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Considering Sega and MS are pretty firmly in good terms, what are the chances that the inevitable Persona 6 will also be multi-platform at launch?

That depends on how any of theses games do.

Being on good terms is irrelevant lol I don't even see why anyone things that suddenly means a company will want to lose money or something, so I feel all this is subject to change based on how those games do.....thats it. Remember Square? Remember those good terms? Octopath Traveler port, Dragon Quest release, FF releases and many more.

Now what?

If they don't sell, I have to feel that Sega will follow the same path Square did, so it really depends on how well these next titles sell and if a market exist for those games to continue to release.

So who knows.

This could be the beginning of those games doing well and being a common place thing on XB like Resident Evil series

Could be Octopath Traveler 1 and FFXV day and date, yet Octopath Traveler 2 and FFXVI not coming to XB. How those games sell will determine what path Sega takes. I don't think anything is guaranteed.

semi OT, I think Yakuza has a great shot, beat em up, about fighting, easy to get into etc.

NanaMiku

Just realized the main character really reminded me of Marth, with the blue hair and the hairband.
1200px-Marth_Heroes.png

Do you even play SMT?

Pretty much every main line SMT since 3 is Isekai. SMT 1 and 2 are more like post apocalyptic ones.
AFAIK SMT always connected to Tokyo destroyed. What I meant is that this time it's set on the fantasy world, i.e. the isekai. Isn't mainline SMT always set in Tokyo?

EDMIX

I dont know how big the world is gonna be but its seems big enough that you need walking ship to get around.

Maybe, maybe not

Could be like in Persona with the train system, as in you see a massive city, but the train system simply brings you from 1 hub to another and the city acts as a visual set piece.

So its hard to tell from here and we'd need to see a bit more. (i'm ok with either)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe, maybe not

Could be like in Persona with the train system, as in you see a massive city, but the train system simply brings you from 1 hub to another and the city acts as a visual set piece.

So its hard to tell from here and we'd need to see a bit more. (i'm ok with either)
If that was case then they would use 2d art similar to Persona 5 for transition between city.
ymsutrk8b6851.jpg

But if you look at gif, it seems we have full control of the camera.

Last edited:

EDMIX

If that was case then they would use 2d art similar to Persona 5 for transition between city.
ymsutrk8b6851.jpg

But if you look at gif, it seems we full control of the camera.

That might simply mean they want it to be a bit interactive as you go between zones.

So its hard to tell based on the gif or what I saw on the trailer

Danjin44

Also I'm really, REALLY liking the setting, its fantasy with old school style buildings but with weird tech like that walking ship.....I'm loving this!

Last edited:

EDMIX

Also I'm really, REALLY liking the setting, its fantasy with old school style buildings but with weird tech like that walking ship.....I'm loving this!

Same.

I didn't want something that was complete fantasy as I love the modern setting of Persona, but I also didn't want something that was just only fantasy aesthetic as we are getting a fuck ton of those already lol

This is offering something different enough, that its set itself apart from a lot of the JRPGs coming out.

Danjin44

Same.

I didn't want something that was complete fantasy as I love the modern setting of Persona, but I also didn't want something that was just only fantasy aesthetic as we are getting a fuck ton of those already lol

This is offering something different enough, that its set itself apart from a lot of the JRPGs coming out.
I don't know why some people expecting this goes full fantasy like FF and DQ, this is Atlus, they were definitely going put their own twist on it, is what makes them different than most JRPG devs.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I still think there is a good chance that mainline Persona will be timed exclusive to Playstation but I think we need to wait and see what Atlus do because the sales of P3P/P4G/P5R and the upcoming P3R/P5T could have made them rethink their approach.

Remember that Persona 6 will get two versions so Atlus might want to make both versions multiplatform (The original Persona 5 is still exclusive to Playstation). Sony could still pay them exclusivity but this time I think it'll cost them more and perhaps for less time. Persona is way more popular today than it was in 2016. Microsoft could outbid Sony to get the game on Xbox but definitely not Xbox exclusive.

When it comes to Atlus you can always count on them to do the thing that makes the least sense. Atlus could launch Persona 6 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, and maybe Switch (or Switch 2) and then do the same again for Persona 6 (2). You'd think that is the best thing to do but knowing Atlus they will not do that. Of course it depends on how much Sony offer them. If Sony can pay them enough to cover the lost sales on Xbox/PC/Switch then yeah it would make sense for Atlus to take the money.

It's all pure speculation but if I were to bet I'd say P6 will still be Playstation exclusive at launch.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Not gonna lie I feel like we kind of got bamboozled by atlus again. Reminds me of the SMT X fire emblem reveal where we ended up with tokyo marriage... If you look at the initial reveal of this game it looked like a true high fantasy world.
JLv2oYQ.jpg

gOm4jGc.jpg

zbns5eA.jpg

Now it is looking a lot more persona and the main character and the skate boarding doesn't look very fantasy...

Am I the only who feels this way? I know projects change over time but a little disappointed so far

This. Something went wrong

NanaMiku

Xbox treating Atlus as exclusive almost 🤣
There's a possibility that they'll do what they did last year. Last year, Atlus announced P3/P4/P5 remaster at Xbox event, and said only for Xbox. But after 2 days, they said it's also coming to other platform.

Danjin44

This. Something went wrong
Not really, you guys expecting Atlus to go full fantasy similar to DQ and FF, but this is Atlus, they always put their own twist to it. I’m personally VERY HAPPY with direction taking this game it’s reason why I love Atlus games in the first place.

Last edited:

Hugare

I love this team's art style, and was eagerly waiting for their vision of a fantasy game

But seems like they jumped the shark. It just looks waaay to busy.

They took Persona 5 overly busy menus and just dialed them to 11

So I kinda hate what they are going for. Not what I was expecting at all.

Seems like Catherine will still be my favorite game of theirs

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well ... shit .. I just read somewhere and it hit me that this is the Re: Fantasy game they announced a few years back just retitled now lol.

Danjin44 Danjin44

is that right ?

Kokoloko85

Not really, you guys expecting Atlus to go full fantasy similar to DQ and FF, but this is Atlus, they always put their own twist to it. I’m personally VERY HAPPY with direction taking this game it’s reason why I love Atlus games in the first place.
I expected the twist, but I thought it would be in a Fantasy world, not in ours etc.

Danjin44

I expected the twist, but I thought it would be in a Fantasy world, not in ours etc.
I personally LOVING what they are going for here and its still fantasy similar to kabaneri of the iron fortress or AoT.

Edit: I'm obsess with this trailer, I cant stop watching it.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I personally LOVING what they are going for here and its still fantasy similar to kabaneri of the iron fortress or AoT.

Edit: I'm obsess with this trailer, I cant stop watching it.
Enjoy. Im still gonna buy it. Just wish it was in an medievil fantasy world like the concept arts

Danjin44

They should add a "boring" design for their menus, as an option.
They are super stylistic (l LOVE!) but its not that hard navigate through them.

The picture I posted above is party menus, nothing confusing about that.

Top Bottom