• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announced Metaphor: ReFantazio. Coming in 2024 | Xbox Games Showcase 2023

blackjon24

Not gonna lie I feel like we kind of got bamboozled by atlus again. Reminds me of the SMT X fire emblem reveal where we ended up with tokyo marriage... If you look at the initial reveal of this game it looked like a true high fantasy world.
JLv2oYQ.jpg

gOm4jGc.jpg

zbns5eA.jpg

Now it is looking a lot more persona and the main character and the skate boarding doesn't look very fantasy...

Am I the only who feels this way? I know projects change over time but a little disappointed so far

Last edited:

Isa

Love it, stylistically off the charts. Can't believe we finally got to see it properly revealed and don't have to wait that long. I love the overall character design and the elf lady is fire.

Fbh

Looks awesome, the art direction is nice, the setting seems interesting and you can really tell it's the P5 team with those stylish menus.
Kinda wish the trailer had stayed on the gameplay shots a bit longer instead of cutting away to something different every 2 seconds though.

All these recent conferences have had a serious lack of new announcements, it felt like after 3 big showcases I hadn't seen anything NEW to actually look forward to, so this came as a nice surprise

ProtoByte

This looks kinda lame and rote. It's like they can't stop making the same kind of game. Every SMT sub-franchise has been stitched together and repackaged in this game.

nikos

This looks great. It almost certainly won't support ultrawide, and I probably will never finish it, but it's a day one.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Not gonna lie I feel like we kind of got bamboozled by atlus again. Reminds me of the SMT X fire emblem reveal where we ended up with tokyo marriage... If you look at the initial reveal of this game it looked like a true high fantasy world.
JLv2oYQ.jpg

gOm4jGc.jpg

zbns5eA.jpg

Now it is looking a lot more persona and the main character and the skate boarding doesn't look very fantasy...

Am I the only who feels this way? I know projects change over time but a little disappointed so far
Yeaaaah, I'm sort of in the same mind. Love what these guys do as a general rule but some of the stuff shown doesn't really gel for me. Maybe it's the "in your face" UI. I was expecting something a bit more...restrained maybe? Still, looking forward to it.

StereoVsn

Looks pretty good, but after all this time it's basically mostly SMT with some Persona sprinkled in? I honestly expected more from the effort.

That said, no question I will buy it, lol.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
RE: FANTASY LIVES!!!!!!!!

Biggest surprise of the show. Looks absolutely incredible. Just a *bit* bumped that the art style is identical to Persona 5. Wished they went with something different.

Edit: Hmmm maybe not? Gotta look at the trailers again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I love me some Persona 3,4,5 but

1. Im gettin a little tired of the high school setting.
2. I really don’t wanna wait until 2026 to play another one.

This game basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone for me. What a pleasant surprise for 2024. Even if its not made by their main team it should be quite good. I can look past a subpar story if the characters & combat are fun.

near

Gold Member
JLv2oYQ.jpg

gOm4jGc.jpg

zbns5eA.jpg

100% agree with this. I don't like shitting in threads with new game announcements with my disappointment, but this was conceptually promised to be different from what has been presented. So I am quite disappointed in that regard too, but it still looks interesting, for a fantasy with its art direction.

zedim

Neo Member
Next gen only ?

So, no alliasing this time ? Thank god
this is absolutely a switch game, pretty dissapointed honestly, they should've made ps4 as baseline and launch on next gen switch, such a shame specially since the artstyle is so cool and for a game thats been developing for 7 years i expected more

Last edited:

EDMIX

This Hashino’s Re:Fantasy they have been teasing since FOREVER……….
giphy.gif

Looks like it!

Day 1.

Hype...

edit. They better have a steelbook version lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

[Sigma]

JLv2oYQ.jpg

gOm4jGc.jpg

zbns5eA.jpg

Yeah Im excited for Metaphor Refantazio but id be lying if part of me doesn't feel the same way.

SirTerry-T

It Atlus, they always do stylists UI and visual style, it what makes Atlus....well Atlus.
Yeah I get that, something just seemed inconsistent with the UI and the art direction of the main game....maybe something as simple as the font design maybe?

Last edited:

Madonis

The trailer implies the main character reads a pure fantasy novel and somehow that leads to characters and stuff from the novel entering the real world.

Reverse isekai, if you will. Which is certainly more interesting than the regular kind, if I'm being honest. Let's see what they've got.

Top Bottom