• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announced Metaphor: ReFantazio. Coming in 2024 | Xbox Games Showcase 2023

Tsaki

Atlus showing something in the next 30 mins, hope to see some gameplay

PS4 and PS5
uwWS5af.gif

LordCBH

The amount of tards online who thought it was exclusive was insane lol. It didn’t have the Exclusive splash screen that MS likes to put in front of console exclusives, so what moon logic were they using to think it was exclusive lol

Thirty7ven

Banned
The amount of tards online who thought it was exclusive was insane lol. It didn’t have the Exclusive splash screen that MS likes to put in front of console exclusives, so what moon logic were they using to think it was exclusive lol

Those tards need MS style twitter PR of running to twitter to remind people "hey hey hey we exist, these showcase games are ALSO on Xbox"

They don't represent the general audience at all.

Kurotri

Katsura Hashino is my favourite developer ever and he proves it once again with this cool as shit looking game. It's so fresh and unique. No matter what comes out next year, this is my #1.

blackjon24

Well it is just as i thought, not that i needed any real confirmation, anyone with eyes can see that the game changed direction since its initial reveal. Quote from the youtube video taken from Gematsu.

"Tell us about the game’s world.

Hashino:
“We originally developed the game in a more Western, medieval setting, but quickly realized it was turning into a rather conventional fantasy game. To give it a more unique twist, we thought about the modern world, and elements that we could bring into this fantasy setting, so that there’s an underlying feeling of connection between the two worlds.''

Personally disappointing since I was initially sold on the idea of Atlus doing a true western medieval setting. Looks like the original concept art like the one below has been scrapped for what we have now. Perhaps to make it more persona like after persona 5's success?

I am a fan of atlus games so I may give it a go but I would be lying if didn't say I am just not as into the current direction of the game
Abm1EQw.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Hashino:
“We originally developed the game in a more Western, medieval setting, but quickly realized it was turning into a rather conventional fantasy game. To give it a more unique twist, we thought about the modern world, and elements that we could bring into this fantasy setting, so that there’s an underlying feeling of connection between the two worlds.''
I personally glad about that, I'm already getting full on medieval Fantasy from FFXVI and Atlus always about putting their own twist to it and this is why they didn't want to make another conventional fantasy.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Well it is just as i thought, not that i needed any real confirmation, anyone with eyes can see that the game changed direction since its initial reveal. Quote from the youtube video taken from Gematsu.

Hashino:

Personally disappointing since I was initially sold on the idea of Atlus doing a true western medieval setting. Looks like the original concept art like the one below has been scrapped for what we have now. Perhaps to make it more persona like after persona 5's success?

I am a fan of atlus games so I may give it a go but I would be lying if didn't say I am just not as into the current direction of the game
Abm1EQw.jpg
Nah, too "grounded" art style is boring af most of the times, at least for japanese/anime fans who this game is aiming at. I'm happy they go for crazy shit as always <3

Top Bottom