• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galava

Out of curiosity, is there any way to read manga digitally from left to right? I want to start reading the manga, especially because I really like the artwork that I've seen so far, but having to retrain my brain to go right to left is more trouble than its worth to me.

Oh, also, loved this season but it did feel too short. I'm glad next season will be a full 24 episode slate.

It's complicated at first, but you'll get used to it. Happened to me also.

You can try to find youtube videos of the chapters that people "animate", by putting some music and showing the panels one by one.

Cyrano

Great post. All the Eren hate is ridiculous. He's not the deepest character but I'm certainly glad his flaws are there, they're about the only thing giving him depth. Seems seriously odd to complain in the same breath that Eren is so stereotypically shounen and then turn around and say look how badly he handled this situation.
I'm fairly certain that Eren is there to largely distract from the flatness of most of the other characters to be honest. Most of the characters are pretty single-minded, just like Eren; Eren is just the obsessive compulsive version of them. Mikasa and Eren make a pair, but Ymir and Christa are the same pair with a different twist. Other characters in the story so far have been surprisingly similar to this pairwise construction and few characters really seem as conflicted as they should be in light of the reveals (though we don't really get internal monologues of side-characters so maybe they are and it's just not being put into the show). Then again, this is still a story of unreasonable situations and how unreasonable people (often due to the situation) react to it.

Unrelated, but personally I'd like an explanation for how information control is so tight that many of the "revelations" throughout the series aren't just common knowledge by now (because it really, really seems like everyone would know a lot of the story reveals by now and not be shocked by it at all).

Brakke

Banned
Unrelated, but personally I'd like an explanation for how information control is so tight that many of the "revelations" throughout the series aren't just common knowledge by now (because it really, really seems like everyone would know a lot of the story reveals by now and not be shocked by it at all).

I think a bit of it is the tight timeline of this season. Like Reiner and Bert don't know that Annie was captured even though there's absolutely no way the regime could've covered up for all them witnesses seeing the Female Titan appear inside and also reveal the Titan inside the wall. I expect people aren't moving between walls so often, so rumor takes a bit to spread. This season took place over like a week, much of it outside the "safe" walls.

But yeah. Some these boys are thick when it comes to putting two and two together.

kirblar

I'm fairly certain that Eren is there to largely distract from the flatness of most of the other characters to be honest. Most of the characters are pretty single-minded, just like Eren; Eren is just the obsessive compulsive version of them. Mikasa and Eren make a pair, but Ymir and Christa are the same pair with a different twist. Other characters in the story so far have been surprisingly similar to this pairwise construction and few characters really seem as conflicted as they should be in light of the reveals (though we don't really get internal monologues of side-characters so maybe they are and it's just not being put into the show). Then again, this is still a story of unreasonable situations and how unreasonable people (often due to the situation) react to it.

When the B team is at the tower the others are coming from the Annie incident, which was a classified plan.

The B teamers were deliberately quarantined at the house at the start of the season, much like Eren was in S1.

Erigu

I think a bit of it is the tight timeline of this season. Like Reiner and Bert don't know that Annie was captured even though there's absolutely no way the regime could've covered up for all them witnesses seeing the Female Titan appear inside and also reveal the Titan inside the wall.
Keep in mind that Reiner and Bertolt revealed themselves the day after Annie was defeated.

I didn't realise this season was going to be only 12 episodes, otherwise I would have waited it while it aired. Damn, this the third show recently I meant to watch while its season was still airing but didn't.

Xbro

I didn't realise this season was going to be only 12 episodes, otherwise I would have waited it while it aired. Damn, this the third show recently I meant to watch while its season was still airing but didn't.

Honestly I think your position is a good one to be in. I would love to be ignorant that a show is running then when it completes find out and be able to binge watch it.

Honestly I think your position is a good one to be in. I would love to be ignorant that a show is running then when it completes find out and be able to binge watch it.

I dunno, I'm up to date with the manga and the only reason I would have liked to watch this while it was airing is to enjoy the hype and discuss non spoiler topics. Ah well.

dani_dc

Do we have a thread for both manga and anime?

Manga thread this way.

I think a bit of it is the tight timeline of this season. Like Reiner and Bert don't know that Annie was captured even though there's absolutely no way the regime could've covered up for all them witnesses seeing the Female Titan appear inside and also reveal the Titan inside the wall. I expect people aren't moving between walls so often, so rumor takes a bit to spread. This season took place over like a week, much of it outside the "safe" walls.

But yeah. Some these boys are thick when it comes to putting two and two together.

As mentioned, all the kids are quarantined in a remote location, so they're cut off from the rest of the world and the only information they have is being feed through their superiors.

It's also closer to 2 days than to a week.
Annie gets caught and nearly immediately after the Ape titan invades, a night goes by (where Ymir is revealed to be a titan), and the reveal/kidnapping/rescue all happen within the next 24 hours.

It's a really really tight timeline.

its super obvious guys

glasses = scientist dad

Eren's dad is no innocent party at all either way you see it. He definitely knows things the government doesn't and whatever's in the basement looks like classified information about the titans. The type of stuff that could get you really screwed, like Pastor Nick's knowledge of the titan inside the wall.

Plus he probably gave Eren his titan powers in that flashback. Everybody else with titan powers is an outsider like Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie and Ymir.

This image is everything <3

Screen_Shot_2017-06-20_at_1.01.13_PM.png

Can't wait for next year

Mediking

They're supposed to be 14

Really

OK that's it I'm done with anime

They're 22 at the youngest.

I always pretend in my head that most anime/manga characters are around 18/19. I can't take 14 year olds doing amazing stuff to seriously. lol

I always pretend in my head that most anime/manga characters are around 18/19. I can't take 14 year olds doing amazing stuff to seriously. lol

You should know by now, peak of life and physical condition in anime is 15, old rugged veteran that have seen some shit is 30 years old.

Jamiaro

I binged all episodes of Season 2, expect the last one. Crunchyroll or whatever only gave me a sample of the last episode.

Solid season so far, I really liked Ymir.

Brakke

Banned
Levi has blood on his face from severing the fleshcables attaching him to his Titan.

&#128079; everyone &#128079; is &#128079; titans &#128079;

Mediking

You should know by now, peak of life and physical condition in anime is 15, old rugged veteran that have seen some shit is 30 years old.

Lol it's so silly. Hard for me to see Eren and co as 14. I refuse! They are 18/19! That stylized artstyle doesn't help the 14 year old image either.

Levi has blood on his face from severing the fleshcables attaching him to his Titan.

&#128079; everyone &#128079; is &#128079; titans &#128079;

Levi better be more active next season.

Skittles

Lol it's so silly. Hard for me to see Eren and co as 14. I refuse! They are 18/19! That stylized artstyle doesn't help the 14 year old image either.

Levi better be more active next season.
I mean, he literally just sprained his ankle like 3 days ago lol.

Brakke

Banned
All Levi's combat happens in the dang air anyway what's an ankle good for? Bind it up and get back out there, my dude!!

Cuburt

I think it actually makes Mikasa and Eren's personalities make a lot more sense since they are just young and immature. If they were in their 20's, their reactions make less sense.

I will give it a pass since these are desperate times for humanity where they are in a fight against extinction. You don't think ancient civilizations were arming 14, 15, 16 year olds and sending them into combat or that historically teens may have been some of the best warriors? You ever watch high school sports or see how young some athletes are in the olympics who win medals? It's more believable than flying around with grappling hooks and cans of gas attached to a belt while slicing up giants with swords that pop off like disposable razors.

ShadyK54

I mean, he literally just sprained his ankle like 3 days ago lol.

Always have to remind myself of the timeline in the story lol. Like I completely forgot from the manga that this whole season is actually like a couple days, story wise. Didn't remember until I saw it posted in here.

I think it actually makes Mikasa and Eren's personalities make a lot more sense since they are just young and immature. If they were in their 20's, their reactions make less sense.

I will give it a pass since these are desperate times for humanity where they are in a fight against extinction. You don't think ancient civilizations were arming 14, 15, 16 year olds and sending them into combat or that historically teens may have been some of the best warriors? You ever watch high school sports or see how young some athletes are in the olympics who win medals? It's more believable than flying around with grappling hooks and cans of gas attached to a belt while slicing up giants with swords that pop off like disposable razors.

I personally don't have a problem with them being 14 or 15, but they do look older and more developed than their age, taller too, yes you can go and show me cherry picked pictures of 15 years old that look way older but still I have to remind myself that they are 15 constantly. The only again judging age by an anime drawing is pointless.

Galava

I personally don't have a problem with them being 14 or 15, but they do look older and more developed than their age, taller too, yes you can go and show me cherry picked pictures of 15 years old that look way older but still I have to remind myself that they are 15 constantly. The only again judging age by an anime drawing is pointless.

Yeah, all of them should be more Connie-like.

Mediking

Rewatching some episodes of this season...

Really hope Sasha and Conny get more spotlight next season. I want Sasha in a more serious light and Conny in a more fun light.

And if Levi fights that Beast Titan... let's GO.

ugh cant believe that was the finale already

see you guys in 2020

Also, so its okay if eren and mikasa hook up right? they arent actually related? Their sexual tension is palpable.

3ACD9x9m.png

"I'll put that scarf on you wherever and whenever you want!"

Edzi

ugh cant believe that was the finale already

see you guys in 2020

Also, so its okay if eren and mikasa hook up right? they arent actually related? Their sexual tension is palpable.

3ACD9x9m.png

"I'll put that scarf on you wherever and whenever you want!"

They're pretty much in the "childhood friend" territory as far as anime tropes go. Seems pretty kosher.

Mediking

They're pretty much in the "childhood friend" territory as far as anime tropes go. Seems pretty kosher.

Mikasa was blatantly about to kiss Eren when she confessed her feelings for him. Eren acknowledged her feelings and plans to be there for her forever. They aren't in "childhood friend" territory at all....

Edzi

Mikasa was blatantly about to kiss Eren when she confessed her feelings for him. Eren acknowledged her feelings and plans to be there for her forever. They aren't in "childhood friend" territory at all....

He was asking about their relationship as possible siblings/incest angle, so yes, they are in childhood friend territory.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm not saying Eren and Mikasa will never end up together. I'm just saying that seeing that scene as Eren acknowledging her romantic feelings with romantic feelings of his own is not how I saw it at all. Dude is dense as fuck, albeit it's a bit justified since she's basically a sister to him.

kirblar

I'm not saying Eren and Mikasa will never end up together. I'm just saying that seeing that scene as Eren acknowledging her romantic feelings with romantic feelings of his own is not how I saw it at all. Dude is dense as fuck, albeit it's a bit justified since she's basically a sister to him.
Yeah, it's a Bro/Sis relationship. To romantically pursue someone you were raised w/ is... really icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom