• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 15th. Midnight. "Aqua Teen Hunger Force: The Last Episode."

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

there are like 12 new eps coming out. :p

also the ep with all the 'villains' conspiring was entitled "The Last One"

Matlock

Banned
Yeah, I know...

Also of note: I saw Venture Bros. promoted on TBS during Everybody Loves Raymond. Weird stuff.

Matlock said:
Yeah, I know...

Also of note: I saw Venture Bros. promoted on TBS during Everybody Loves Raymond. Weird stuff.

You think that's weird? I believe I've seen Family Guy pimped during Braves games.

Matlock

Banned
mightynine said:
You think that's weird? I believe I've seen Family Guy pimped during Braves games.

Well, Family Guy is shown on TBS at 8 PM EST nowadays.

...which is odd, because TBS had everything starting on the :05 for the longest time.

Matlock said:
Well, Family Guy is shown on TBS at 8 PM EST nowadays.

...which is odd, because TBS had everything starting on the :05 for the longest time.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Anyways, to get this thread back on track, maybe they're doing a look into the future at the last adventure of the Aqua Teens?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
On adultswim.com, the name of the episode is "Mooninites 3: Remooned"

So, it's a winner regardless of whether it is the last episode or not :p

edit: Also, the episode guide already has the synopsis for the next five episodes listed. Remooned is the second of those five. The fifth episode ....
MC Pee Pants is back! I want candy, bubblegum and taffy...am I sick that I downloaded rips of all the audio from the new aqua teen DVD and have "I want candy" in heavy rotation?

Archaix said:
On adultswim.com, the name of the episode is "Mooninites 3: Remooned"

So, it's a winner regardless of whether it is the last episode or not :p

edit: Also, the episode guide already has the synopsis for the next five episodes listed. Remooned is the second of those five. The fifth episode ....
MC Pee Pants is back! I want candy, bubblegum and taffy...am I sick that I downloaded rips of all the audio from the new aqua teen DVD and have "I want candy" in heavy rotation?
You're not sick at all! I made an EP from the DVDs, complete with lyrics and cover art. I'm going to Kinko's to get it printed up nice too! I was thinking about making a thread to gauge interest in getting it uploaded and available for everyone here, but I don't think anyone would care.

Also, I guarantee that bump is just to get everyone tuned in for a new ATHF. WS does stuff like that all the time, and frankly it's becoming a bit annoying and dishonest.

Horrible news, and here I was a few days ago saying it needs to episodes to get it going again. Adult Swim just gets too many shows to juggle ratings. What's the longest set lineup it has had anywho?

metsallica said:
It's NOT the last episode. It's the premiere of a string of new episodes. It's a lame joke. ETC. Read the thread. :p

Haha, I did and didn't quite catch Shoplifter's post the first time. *shrugs* Plus the last post was on my mind as I hear AS cancelling so many shows.

EDIT: Mainly the link you included didn't come off as reassuring.

The text at that link was a joke too; I just posted it for the bump. :) New episodes of Pilot Candidate replacing Family Guy? Come on! They have a whole new season of FG coming to AS, not to mention the fact that it's among the highest-rated shows on CN.

metsallica said:
The text at that link was a joke too; I just posted it for the bump. :) New episodes of Pilot Candidate replacing Family Guy? Come on! They have a whole new season of FG coming to AS, not to mention the fact that it's among the highest-rated shows on CN.

Now now, we all know how sarcasm works on the internet. Simple mistake, Christ get off my ass.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm going to go ahead and revive this thread instead of making a new one. The new episode airs tonight, but I only caught the tail end of that bumper(Where it said that none of the shows were cancelled, then said "Now they are")....did it say anything else, or was that it?

So who among you is not watching it, and why do I have to hunt you down? Can't you just watch? It's the mooninites! Let's go, start watching.

Pimpwerx

Plutonians are teh suck!

But yeah, the Plutonians are funny as is Jiggle Bill IMO. Come one everybody! Commence the jigglin'. PEACE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MetatronM said:
Plutonians >>> Mooninites

You couldn't be more wrong. The mooninites assembled the greatest super villain team this side of the Injustice Society, and they knew enough to keep out the Plutonians.

And Schooly D never rapped about the Plutonians. Point, match, Mooninites.

pollo

Banned
omg....

"and by younger you mean gay."

God I swear this show gets better and better each season.
*sigh*

on a side note a bunch of my friends thought this was going to be the last episode so we had a RIP Aqua teen party complete with fries, milkshakes, chicken nuggets and a marathon showing of AQTF: Vol 2.

So I guess that wasnt the last episode.
Awesome.

Phoenix

The funniest thing is that my WIFE watches ATHF with me now. She will sometimes catch Harvey Birdman as well.

I would probably cry if ATHF went off the air... well probably not, but it certainly give me reason to go to sleep earlier. As it is now SeaQuest doesn't really hold me to the late lineup off Adult Swim. I used to watch the ATHF shows and then ride it out till 2AM. Without ATHF it really just depends on whether or not I want to stay up.

Tortfeasor

Obviously they are joking, but I think this is the last season for the show. Cartoon Network only orders 52 episodes of any show, and then when they are done decides to renew or not for more. They almost never renew any of their shows past 52 episodes, notable exceptions include Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Lab. Amazing shows such as Samurai Jack, Justice League, and Courage the Cowardly Dog did not get renewed even though they all did well ratings wise (Justice League Unlimited is a new series with a new 52 episode order).

By the way, anyone catch the new show from the creator of the Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends? It was utterly fantastic. The art was just beautiful, on the level of Samurai Jack, with the amazing effects of Futurama. Make sure to catch the encore of the pilot if you can.

Tortfeasor said:
Obviously they are joking, but I think this is the last season for the show. Cartoon Network only orders 52 episodes of any show, and then when they are done decides to renew or not for more. They almost never renew any of their shows past 52 episodes, notable exceptions include Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Lab. Amazing shows such as Samurai Jack, Justice League, and Courage the Cowardly Dog did not get renewed even though they all did well ratings wise (Justice League Unlimited is a new series with a new 52 episode order).

By the way, anyone catch the new show from the creator of the Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends? It was utterly fantastic. The art was just beautiful, on the level of Samurai Jack, with the amazing effects of Futurama. Make sure to catch the encore of the pilot if you can.

Samurai Jack isn't coming back (not ment to rhyme) :(, and yet they still show Dragon Ball z/gt....:(

I did catch Fosters and loved it.

CN also has a tendancy for putting shows on hyadus(sp?) Like Home Movies, Space Ghost(which is apprently "dead" now), Brak, and Mission Hill. Hopefully this is true for Samurai Jack

border

All the "unrenewed" shows you mentioned were 22-24 minute programs with very big production values. Adult Swim shows are 12 minute mini-shows that are ridiculously cheap to produce. They have no reason to cut them loose after ~50 episodes.

There are over 90 episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which would be a much better show to compare with. ATHF's cult following is probably as big or bigger than SGC2C ever was, so I'm pretty sure that they will milk the property for as long as they conceivably can.

Is it confirmed that Space Ghost is finished, though?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I have a question about Aqua Teen. Did Schooly D create the concept for the show, or is he just a guy that works on it?

mosaic

go eat paint
Cart Brutananadanilewski!

I loved Inignot's super-sized bird flip. Hahaha.

And hey, we learned Inignot has an uncle named Cliff.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Since this is an AS-related thread and I don't feel like starting a new one:

The Venture Bros. is probably the worst show on AS I've seen since The Ripping Friends. The big gag of the episode I watched this past Saturday was the two kids mistakenly thinking that two people having sex were fighting. IT WENT ON FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES. "You can take her! Go for it!" Etc. It was TERRIBLE.

If the AS forums weren't such wastelands I'd go over there to complain.

Matlock

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
CN also has a tendancy for putting shows on hiatus, like Mission Hill.

Mission Hill was a series on the WB in 2000, which got dropped due to "unfit material" after five episodes. Thirteen episodes of that season were completed, with five that never got finished. So, in that respect, CN has nothing to do with its production. :p

human5892 said:
Since this is an AS-related thread and I don't feel like starting a new one:

The Venture Bros. is probably the worst show on AS I've seen since The Ripping Friends. The big gag of the episode I watched this past Saturday was the two kids mistakenly thinking that two people having sex were fighting. IT WENT ON FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES. "You can take her! Go for it!" Etc. It was TERRIBLE.

If the AS forums weren't such wastelands I'd go over there to complain.

Eh, difference of taste, but it's my new favorite on Adult Swim. So violent, so cheesy, so wrong...'course, the fact I've watched everything Johnny Quest related in the past helps. ;)

Pimpwerx

I too love Venture Bros. Brock Samson is the man. And the father/sons teams is a great foil for getting Brock to kick ass. I love the music too, a little retro flavor going on there. The homoerotic inuendo is priceless. Gives it a campy, Ambiguously Gay duo feel. Then again, I've only seen the first two eps and part of the one from Saturday. The first two owned though. And the guy who plays Brock's voice (Putty from Seinfeld) his voice fits the character almost perfect. PEACE.

tt_deeb said:
Aren't the Mooninites getting their own show?

I remember hearing these reports too. However, I believe that was just referring to how they and the Plutonians have replaced Dr. Weird at the beginning of each episode, complete with their own show title.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I too thought it was a really good episode..

I really want SGC2C and the old Brak Show (talk show format) back. The new brack show is rubish as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom