• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super late to the party but I just finished Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and I'm really unsatisfied.

:( The lack of depth with its story killed me.

Line_HTX

Dungeon is another Light Novel adaptation. I think they J.C. Staff might make more of it somewhere down the line, who knows?

Super late to the party but I just finished Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and I'm really unsatisfied.

Welcome to 99% of Anime based on LNs

"hey you want to see more of these characters you like? Read the book as the rest of this will never get adapted"

John Blade

Sakura Wars TV Sentai Selects

I guess they is no difference between this from the original release right? Well...I guess I don't need to buy another set.

Man...been a while since I post anything here. Guess, work kinda too over my spare time this holiday season. I guess I won't watch show till after the rush and even then, it will be Jan till I start to go back watching the show I am watching. Also, got myself quite a bit of anime which will last me another year or two based on how much I watch in a year.

Man, NISA is letting quite a few of their anime expire. I wonder if they're beginning to pull out of the anime industry.

Edit: nevermind, i read it wrong.

I vaguely remember Rail Wars....in that I remember it was about trains, boobs, and asses.

tumblr_n9m2qfroso1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Truly an amazing show.

I don't know what she's more disturbed by. The train poking her boob or the fact the train is CG?

Thoraxes

Sentai April 2016 Releases:

At least we didn't have to wait too long before they finally got a BD release of Rail Wars out. As one of those BD holdbacks, the time between this and the DVD was not long at all.

Also motherfucking Seki-kun is something everyone should watch.

I'll wait for the standard edition of Yuru Yuri S2. I was only ever able t get the standard edition of the first season, so i'd feel weird having half and half.

Kvik

Anyone still watching Garo Crimson Moon? I tried to catch up last night and seems like the animation quality has decreased significantly. And the story, well.. it still didn't hold a candle to last season's.

javac

It doesn't dissuade me and a lot of the characters were used up with IMG and quote tags and descriptions from a wiki. Remove those and I've probably written posts as long. I have zero skill with photoshop or other stuff like that so I probably won't be making any OTs anytime soon aside for a smaller series, although the OPM OT blew up super hard. The OP is so shitty...

Post it as two parts I think.

That's good. Also, the OP for OPM is totally fine! I have no Photoshop skills to so don't worry about it :p As for my review, I think that I'll do just that, bear in mind that count is without images and tags :p

Anyone still watching Garo Crimson Moon? I tried to catch up last night and seems like the animation quality has decreased significantly. And the story, well.. it still didn't hold a candle to last season's.

tumblr_inline_nl91w11Fwv1qdlmxr.gif

And you're right.

The show just doesn't hold a candle to the previous season.

At this point I practically zone out when I watch it.

If you were looking for depth, a fantasy harem LN adaptation was the wrong place to look.

I wasn't expecting much but they didn't even explain who the chick with the wine was that was observing/doing shit secretly the whole show.

I was waiting around for something and in the end it was like ok heres a lvl boss 4 u and now everyone is going to live happily ever after the end -______-

like oh ok

duckroll

Decreased compared to what? I remember the first season looking really rough most of the time too!

Moaradin

Decreased? Watched the first two episodes and it looked like garbage. Don't tell me it got worse lol

Kvik

And you're right.

The show just doesn't hold a candle to the previous season.

At this point I practically zone out when I watch it.

Definitely plenty of missed opportunity there. they could've gone to a few different way to make it interesting:

• Seimei's struggle with light/dark nature of being a Makai Alchemist (and Ashiya Douman as her teacher)
  • Raiko could've been a flawed hero character, much like Leon. Maybe him trying to break free from the seal placed by Seimei and controlling the power himself.
  • Kintoki is practically just there for comedic effect and an early warning system for horrors (and probably butler to Seimei and Raiko).

Decreased compared to what? I remember the first season looking really rough most of the time too!

Well, the backgrounds in the first few episodes was still pretty good. Last night, the key frames for Raiko looks downright atrocious and the backgrounds wasn't really good either.

Decreased? Watched the first two episodes and it looked like garbage. Don't tell me it got worse lol

It really got worse.

Started watching One Punch finally

First episode brought me to tears laughing. Probably going to watch it for the rest of the night tbh

its so good

That, Accel World, Problem Children From Another World, No Game No Life, all are LN adaptations that don't conclude anything. I'm not even lying when I say the accumulation of stories that I'll never know the end of unless I learn Japanese is a measurable part of what's driving my studies.

Also, Att- I mean, uh, Battle On Giants, looks fun. I look forward to watching Fight On Rhea when it airs in a couple seasons.

Szadek

I don't know what she's more disturbed by. The train poking her boob or the fact the train is CG?
The most disturbeing thing about the gif for me is that he girl isn't moving at all.
It's like someone turned her entire body (minus her boobs) into stone.

...Does anyone remember Rolling Girls?

Did WIT studio fix that show when they released it? The final episode just wasn't finished right?

Also, who wants to bet the animation for WIT's Attack on Titan knockoff show is gonna crash and burn?

Mouryou no Hako 9

Sadayuki Murai can be a really interesting writer. Hopefully he gets the chance to write something like this, Boogiepop Phantom, and Millennium Actress again.

Really, the problem of rushed schedules is an industry-wide problem. Only KyoAni has mostly been able to avoid it. Even ufotable, who previously had been a model of good scheduling and keeping things in-house, had a huge breakdown of their production of God Eater. This situation will only change if anime producers, who drive the push towards a large number of anime produced quickly, change their minds.

I dropped it, my disappointment is an endless well after how fucking good the first season was.

jgminto

Kinda crazy how bad the upcoming season looks, there are only two or three shows I'm actually interested in watching at all beforehand.

duckroll

Really, the problem of rushed schedules is an industry-wide problem. Only KyoAni has mostly been able to avoid it. Even ufotable, who previously had been a model of good scheduling and keeping things in-house, had a huge breakdown of their production of God Eater. This situation will only change if anime producers, who drive the push towards a large number of anime produced quickly, change their minds.

There's a flip side to that unfortunately. If the industry ever decides to produce less shows in general, and take longer to make them, it would mean they want to take less risks and triple down exclusively on what they know will sell. You know what that means... :p

Look at KyoAni and Ghibli, two studios who always take their time with stuff. Or even Ufotable before God Eater. What's the similarity? These are all studios with a very clear and defined studio "look" with a built in fanbase in their properties. Now project that onto the entire industry, and it'll just mean we have a ton less range.

Jarmel

Banned

It's not an issue of just changing their minds but rather a fundamental problem with the business model.

The Perfect Insider 11 [END]

Well then, that was a very pleasant finale. In the end, I think we were basically told the story of an antisocial, schizophrenic woman and her issues with society.

An interesting bit to me was when they both talked and she reveals that she got thrown off by Souhei's mention of his cigarettes in VR. Just like I thought, she was manipulating him and attempting to win him over to her side. Maybe because of how equal, but different he is from her in terms of thinking? Did she want to take him into her set of personalities? She also mentioned Nishinosono which just like I said last week, seems to be "spellbreaker" that makes people snap out of her clutches. Also I think that not only did she "take in" her uncle's personality, which was super freaky, but also the daughter's. When I saw the dialogue at the end it legit looked as if it was all a delusion in her head, which leads me to think that this was all a mental health problem that she had, and did get taken care of appropriately. In the end she managed to get away with what she did, and god knows just how many more will eventually fall for her traps and maybe even death if they get too close to her.

Oh those who didn't like Sohei's relationship with Moe are probably going to hate this episode btw. I thought it was pretty good though. They have come to a mutual understanding how important they are to each other, and how one complements the other without the need of putting specific feelings into words. These will carry on with their lives side by side looking out for one another, and maybe find another mystery to unravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom