• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
https://vndb.org/v548

Some edgy thing i guess.

Ah.
28578.jpg

14088.jpg
So the Japanese Nazi fetish taken to further extremes.

Dio

Banned
I've heard really good things about Dies Irae, actually. It's one of the VNs people with Japanese knowledge like to lord over EOPs, a.k.a English Only Peasants.

Friend said:
The antagonists are baller, cool shit happens, Yuusa Shirou is who I want to be when I grow up

Gvitor

Gate 08

Oh look, everybody speaks japanese now

Beautiful Bones 01/02

Well, I quite enjoyed this. I liked the characters and the way both mysteries played out (the second more so than the first, for obvious reasons) was great.

For those who want to stare into the disappointing abyss that is Garo Crimson Moon...just look at this fight scene right here.
(It's a Funi vid, so sorry non-US/Canada Gaf.)

The transformation scene is boring right off the bat, but there's a weird aspect that maybe you didn't notice.

For some reason, despite the horrors being inside, the fight takes place outside. Apparently our heroes just needed to ask the horrors to relocate so they didn't ruin the lovely carpeting.
I'm guessing it was a budget thing, and they weren't prepared to actually animate a fight indoors.

Once the fight actually starts.....Christ, just look at it. Look how little movement there is. How dull the choreography is.

The whole thing lasts a little bit under two minutes. And that's the best they could do.

Line_HTX

Via @Dengekionline

CWfI0sHWsAE-w5d.jpg:large

Something called "Dies Irae" will air in 2017 or something...

Pretty strange to have an anime named after the Day of Wrath, lol

Line_HTX

Ahh, I'm a Slowpoke...

Got home and saw it on Twitter a few minutes ago... Goddamnit

LOL that summary. That's pretty edgy for the Day of Wrath.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE OF ALL FUCKING TIME, THANK YOU BASED JJ ABRAMS-SAMA FOR DELIVERING US ANOTHER SCI-FI MASTERPIECE

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

Rated higher than Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones?

Must be some epic ratings for 12 episodes!

after the latest season of game of thrones, everything should be rated higher.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE OF ALL FUCKING TIME, THANK YOU BASED JJ ABRAMS-SAMA FOR DELIVERING US ANOTHER SCI-FI MASTERPIECE

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

I mean a Ehhhhhhhhhhhh in AnimeGAF is like a "it's pretty good" anywhere else. I'll take it.

Mailbox

So let me get this 100% straight (and late by a few pages, so i'm sorry)

Not ONLY does Railwars get a BD release. Not only does Glasslip already have a BD release . BUT we still don't have anything on a BD release of Kawaisou?

Fucking, REALLY?!
JUST.... FUCK! Pretty much everything at sentai gets BD releases except for one of the shows whose art would best respond to having that glorious BD bitrate!

I'm straight up pissed!

now back to the last episode of Lance n' masque.... fucking livid right now.

Line_HTX

I am going to wait until maybe late Sunday afternoon to see if it's worth my time or not.

I'm not one of those crazy sci-fi people, but I kind of hope it's better since it's out of Lucas's hands.

Mailbox

Lance N' Masque Episode 12 (END)

Oh my god!
You know what, this was one hell of an experience, i'll give it that much. I never thought that a show could just keep getting worse and worse, more and more nonsensical as episodes go on, but here we are.

This episode was so bad that I actually laughed really hard at a few parts just for how bad they are. It almost felt intentional.

I'm gonna be completely honest here, this show has been one of the most painful experiences of anime watching ive had.
Its in the top 5 most painful experiences
BUT
its not in the top 5 anime that have made me pissed off (thats a very special list) (and thats not to say this show didn't piss me off with its stupidity a lot).

I guess the only thing positive I can really say about this show is that It actually DOES end. Everything gets wrapped up (even if it is through Bullshit or asspulls), and there's no sequel hook. I'm just really glad it didn't have that much audacity.

But now..... It's over.
Now I can watch good stuff for a while, until I find yet another series where I can't help but think "how bad can this get".
We'll see what anime fits that mark.

We'll see.

hehe

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No matter how bad Force Awakens ends up being, at least it will always have nuTrek: Beyond Thunderbikes to appear better against.

Mailbox

The perfect insider 11(END)

Okay, I'll admit, probably the best way to end this. A great resolution episode that leaves very little questions (outside the few caused by slight plot holes) and no sequel hooks.

That's all I can really say that isn't some generalization of the whole series and thus a spoiler. I guess the only real thing that isn't a nitpick i didn't like is the characterization (or rather lack of internal reasoning) of Saikawa. He's really the weak link of this series imo. Not so much so that it ruined it, but a stronger understanding of why he values Magata so much would have been welcome.

The backgrounds are a really well made use of CG and proof that CG isn't the terribleness people think it is. The backgrounds really are great, especially in the final episode :3

Overall, loved the show. Great way to end off the day full of a final, computer problems and lance n' masques. :)

Crocodile

A) I think its super cool that both Little Witch Academia OVAs got a dub. Would be cool to see them on Toonami. Really wish I could have had a dub on the JP dub/Eng Sub only Blu-Rays I have right now :/

B) So is Attack on Titan S2: Attack Harder still coming this year? I mean if the same director and studio is basically making Battack on Bitan, are they still going to be able to push out the genuine article too at the same time? WIT has some talent folks but their scheduling sucks and a lot of their shows have production issues. I will say at least that the protagonist of Battack on Bitan at least looks inherently more appealing. Like an actual adult. He's probably still a shitty shonen character though. Also maybe we can get some badass chicks that don't want to live on the MC dick. Ribbon girl seems like she could be cool. Also hoping that since this isn't an adaptation and they don't have to end the season at a certain point that the pacing won't be shit.

C)

Looks a lot like that "Everyday Battle" show that Trigger made a while back. What I got out of that trailer was basically super sick action animation and titties. It's pretty enough that I'll probably give it a shot but I've heard this was an adaptation of something. Is that "something" good? Like I can jive with titties but I want some actual "meat" (herp derp). Food Wars was a tittacular show but even if you removed the breasts it still stood well on its own. Can I expect this to do the same?

I'm a bit a amused raven777 that you always seem to be the guy posting all the "breasty" video game (and I guess anime) news. To be clear, I'm not hating at all, just find it funny. A man with consistent tastes :p

Qurupeke

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

Ah... Starworsu... The most anime of the movies. Mascot "funny" characters like Jaru-Jaru Binku-sama and Arturito-san, incestuous relationship between Luke-kun and Leia-senpai, a deadbeat dad that's actually the most powerful character and slug-tentacles fanservice, courtesy of Jabba-san.

pbayne

So let me get this 100% straight (and late by a few pages, so i'm sorry)

Not ONLY does Railwars get a BD release. Not only does Glasslip already have a BD release . BUT we still don't have anything on a BD release of Kawaisou?

Fucking, REALLY?!
JUST.... FUCK! Pretty much everything at sentai gets BD releases except for one of the shows whose art would best respond to having that glorious BD bitrate!

I'm straight up pissed!

now back to the last episode of Lance n' masque.... fucking livid right now.

Hey count yourself lucky. Us in the UK got shafted with no release at all. I message Sentai nearly every day asking about it too.

Fuck why did Sentai get Kawai Complex? My favourite show in years and ahhh why Sentai why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom