• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a flip side to that unfortunately. If the industry ever decides to produce less shows in general, and take longer to make them, it would mean they want to take less risks and triple down exclusively on what they know will sell. You know what that means... :p

Look at KyoAni and Ghibli, two studios who always take their time with stuff. Or even Ufotable before God Eater. What's the similarity? These are all studios with a very clear and defined studio "look" with a built in fanbase in their properties. Now project that onto the entire industry, and it'll just mean we have a ton less range.

Yeah, that is true. We certainly don't need the anime industry becoming more conservative visually or thematically, so I'm glad there are still people in it willing to fund risks, even if they often don't turn out for whatever reason.

It's not an issue of just changing their minds but rather a fundamental problem with the business model.

Well, the business model can't change unless there are more people willing to spend more money on anime.

I mean, Anno practically begged people recently to show their love for anime by spending money on it and thus keep the industry alive.

duckroll

So, knowing nothing about the show other than the tile, the fact that it's an adaptation of a book, and that Shard hates it, why is the show called "The Perfect Insider"?

FoxSpirit

I vaguely remember Rail Wars....in that I remember it was about trains, boobs, and asses.

tumblr_n9m2qfroso1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Truly an amazing show.
WHat really bothers me how the boob deformation is really off simply because the artists couldn't be assed to do a few clicks more. Boo this man!

Narag

So, knowing nothing about the show other than the tile, the fact that it's an adaptation of a book, and that Shard hates it, why is the show called "The Perfect Insider"?

lol i remember early in the year I just assumed it was an anime about a whistleblower due to the title

jgminto

Do we know what season that show Mari Okada is writing for Trigger is airing? I'm actually looking forward to that.

JulianImp

My background in
programming
certainly helped me with The Perfect Insider. Even before watching the very first episode I had the theory that
F had to stand for 15 in hexadecimal, and that it'd probably have something to do with byte overflows.

From the New World 01

Giving this show the appropriate attention it deserves now. I dropped it way back when because I didn't seem to be into it after a couple of episodes, but we will see how it goes.Good thing I don't remember anything, first episode has gone by and aside from a few scenes, it was as if I was watching something I had never seen before. The song at the start as they pan through the fields (sounds kinda western then turns into rock?) was fucking dope. This show has a very interesting/mysterious vibe, I don't understand why I dropped it. Normally I'd be all over this, just like I am now.
These kids are clearly being brainwashed.

My background in
programming
certainly helped me with The Perfect Insider. Even before watching the very first episode I had the theory that
F had to stand for 15 in hexadecimal, and that it'd probably have something to do with byte overflows.

Even though I am in software as well I didn't think of that at all. Seems like such a stretch ahaha. The answer was always there though!

JulianImp

Even though I am in software as well I didn't think of that at all. Seems like such a stretch ahaha. The answer was always there though!

I'm weird in that I'm focused on high-level game programming but have always felt attracted by really low-level stuff such as anything including bit manipulation, so the latter part of my theory came to me relatively quickly, only not right away like the possible meaning of the title.

Still, I wonder
just how you'd go around to abusing an overflow, which basically means the bit next to the overflown variable in RAM gets increased by one... I guess that could offset a pointer by one byte, but other than that I'm at a loss, since changing an actual variable by one would make it obvious if there's some code down the line constantly checking against a strange hard-coded value, at least as long as you have access to the source code and it isn't overly obfuscated.

To answer what is wrong with Tiny hats, it's that witches don't have tiny hats.

Damn it

Leaker stuff from 4ch:

>Their names are Mirai and Riko
>The bear in the middle is an item, not a fairy
>They'll have brooms and wands
>And the broom will be used in the ending
>They transform together by holding hands
>They collect jewel-like objects and put them in their transformation items
>Those will be used both as weapons and for other uses
>The Smile and Doki height thing already stated
>Their wands can be combined to make a single toy
>The fairies and devices are separate, and the transformation device used to be something the MC already owned
>The enemy will be collecting stones too
>Their chant is "Our OOO! Our XXX! Maho GIrls Precure!"
>They will use the gold stone only to transform, the silver stones will be used separately

WHat really bothers me how the boob deformation is really off simply because the artists couldn't be assed to do a few clicks more. Boo this man!

Don't boo me! I didn't make it! ;_;

From the New World Episode 8

Well for around half the episode anyway.

So the adults
know?
Well....shit.

Also, Christ Saki, that was super mean what you said to poor Mamoru.

Odd animation aside, I do appreciate how the characters in this show have different outfits. Reminiscent of Michiko and Hatchin in that regard.

From the New World 02

I've got a baaaad feeling about this. The kids don't seem to understand what is really going on around them. Or maybe I'm seeing too much into things. But I don't think I am.

I was planning on watching some more Build Fighters but this show has its hooks on me.

just how you'd go around to abusing an overflow, which basically means the bit next to the overflown variable in RAM gets increased by one... I guess that could offset a pointer by one byte, but other than that I'm at a loss, since changing an actual variable by one would make it obvious if there's some code down the line constantly checking against a strange hard-coded value, at least as long as you have access to the source code and it isn't overly obfuscated.

I was also wondering this - especially since I'm assuming "Red Magic" is a riff off of "Red Hat" and would be in C. Maybe some sort of buffer overflow?

The only thing I could think of was something like...

Code:
short int bytes = 0;
char buf[GRANDENOMBRE];

while(bytes < MAX) {
  bytes += getFromInput(buf+bytes);
}

Will continuously get a lower value and overwrite MAX-1 bytes in the buf. So maybe some variation could be exploitable?

In other news, I finally finished Nagi no Asukara.

sonicmj1

The Perfect Insider 11

I'm tired, but that was a good denouement. It crystalized the themes of the series nicely, and I like the way things rambled in the "date" at the end.

Might talk more about it later if there's some discussion.

The Perfect Insider 11

I'm tired, but that was a good denouement. It crystalized the themes of the series nicely, and I like the way things rambled in the "date" at the end.

Might talk more about it later if there's some discussion.

I posted about it, but it turned out to be the last post on that page lol.

From the New World 03

Public Library? Wut. Also I must repeat the same question as earlier, how could I have dropped this?

I feel like this gif sums up most debates in off-topic.

From the New World Episode 9

The quiet moments in this show work. Even if I don't really know much about the characters, I understand them. Individually they don't shine much, but as a group they work.

Also there's a word for people like
Saki's parents.
Collaborators.

Fuck this society.

From the New World 04

Talk about a 0 to 100 here. What a mood switch. The whole time my mouth was just wide open. This show is good.

From the New World 05

Animation took a huge dive, jesusss. Also... I guess that almost happened? That was uncomfortable. Janky/slow animation didn't help.

Hidan no Aria AA 1-2
Funimation put episodes on youtube so I just watched a couple episodes. Kind of seems okay at least compared to the first season. It works better now that there isn't the guy making it haremy. Still so fairly stupid stuff but it comes within the margin of acceptability for time wasting show.

What is this?

https://vndb.org/v548
As the Soviet Union marches on Berlin in May of 1945, a secretive group of sorcerers and madmen gathers to perform a terrible ritual. They care nothing for the fate of the Reich. To them, the countless lives lost in the battle are the perfect sacrifice to fuel their spell. After the war, they vanish and are not heard from again, except in rumor. One day, it is whispered, they will return. And on that day, the world will end. Fear the demons in human form. Fear the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.

Flash forward to present-day Japan. Fujii Ren is released from the hospital after two months spent recovering from wounds suffered in a vicious brawl with his best friend Shiro. As Christmas approaches, he tries to rebuild his life, clinging to what brilliance remains. But even that is soon threatened. For the knights of the LDO have returned, and brought the apocalypse to his doorstep. Forced to wield the same unholy power as his foes, will Ren be able to protect what is dear to him from the inhuman might of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden?
Some edgy thing i guess.

From the New World 06

Ending it here for today. So the animation is back to normal so that's good. What's not so good is all this fighting. I mean I didn't think it was bad, but the show was all mysterious and stuff before while now it's just Satoru, for some reason, wanting to kill every single one of those enemy monsters. Will have to watch more to see where they take it from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom