• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: The Way of Water's Runtime is 3 hours, 10 minutes

Biff

SAVE US LORD CAMERON

50be7c35eab8ea602f000011

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
He thinks a Cameron movie won’t break records 🤣 you 14?
Hardly, we shall see. I said what I said. I haven't seen any hype for this irl. The kids just don't care about blue cat people. I've only seen hype on the internet from guys who splooge themselves over how much money avatar made.

Last edited:

nush

That's close to his Titanic movie, which was 195 mins long.

I was on a business trip in Paris with the company director, so Saturday night he paid for a ticket for me to watch Titanic. Why? So he could clear me out of the hotel room so he could fuck a French Geri Hallywell prostitute he'd taken a shine to who was hanging around in the hotel lobby every evening and he could not shut up about wanting to bang French Geri Hallywell looking prostitute.

Titanic 7/10 - long enough for you to bang a French prozzie and open the windows to the get sex small out of a shared hotel room.

I brought the Blu-Ray.

Ionian Ionian tagging you in because this is totally shit that used to happen back in the day.

And still people doubt James cameron !!!!

He does not make movies that get ignored. Regardless of what you think of their qualities and story

He seems to be able to make movies that just appeal. People who like his movies, the special effects, even People who don’t like his movies apparently seem to watch his. going by how much money his films take.

Maybe not endgame money 😉, but I’m sure we will see at least 1 more sequel if not all of them. as James cameron sits in his submarine full of money 💰

After all. He made a some would say superior sequel to a classic, top draw masterpiece. He then made movies with never seen before mind blowing special effects about man’s dangerous nature and the end of the world. One starring a robot that didn’t speak good English but still changed the spoken language and the other water aliens

He then made the biggest movie ever at the time. About a boat, that everyone knew the ending to and still cried !!! 😭

So to doubt his story of nature and tall blue people. I’m not sure …..

Didn’t people think avatar wouldn’t appeal and he was out of touch ?

I’m sure If word of mouth sparks on this, then the lovers v haters in here. Will be spectacular (gets popcorn at the ready for Xmas time)

Aggelos

I was on a business trip in Paris with the company director, so Saturday night he paid for a ticket for me to watch Titanic. Why? So he could clear me out of the hotel room so he could fuck a French Geri Hallywell prostitute he'd taken a shine to who was hanging around in the hotel lobby every evening and he could not shut up about wanting to bang French Geri Hallywell looking prostitute.

Titanic 7/10 - long enough for you to bang a French prozzie and open the windows to the get sex small out of a shared hotel room.

S3iUG2m.gif

Nice memories, though...

darrylgorn

I'm only going because my kids liked the first movie.

I mean, I enjoyed the first one as well, but the level of attention it got was stupid, so I will proudly unzip my pants in the middle of the second.

Last edited:
Reactions: KO7

clarky

Gold Member
I find it hilarious that grown men cant hold their pee for 3 hours. I pee like 3 times a day max in 8 hour intervals. how much water are you drinking that you have to go every 2 hours?
When you hit your 50's son youll be spending more time pissing than not pissing. Lets see if you're laughing then.💦

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
After taking the kids to see the rerelease of Avatar in the IMAX 3D it reminded me that even though I have a pretty good av set up at home, it utterly pales into embarrassment when compared to IMAX, Theres a reason you see event movies in IMAX and watch DTV on your TV, it adds so much more to the movie that your home set up no matter how good can't match.. cept the running to the fridge to grab another beer

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
How long was the LOTR Two Towers movie?

It was 22:00 hrs . at the cinema and I already wanted the movie to end, I still have that trauma.

I'm in my mid-forties.

I have maybe thirty years left of active life left before I'm either too fucked up to do anything, or dead.

I am not going to spend over three hours of those remaining years in a dark room with other people, watching Cameron's parade of indigenous smurfs wank their way around a non-existent CGI backdrop.

I might catch it on demand at some point.
He wrote, while spending precious moments on the internet in a forum with complete strangers.

Ionian

How long was the LOTR Two Towers movie?

It was 22:00 hrs . at the cinema and I already wanted the movie to end, I still have that trauma.

Worst was the last film, it was ending after ending. Really trite shit. At least The Two towers had action.

Girl I sat beside, thought she was my girlfriend and told her her turn her phone off. Was even giving her sweets.

Then spotted my girlfriend at the end of the aisle glaring at me.

She went ballastic after. Why she didn't sit beside me, i'll never know. I thought it was hilarious. She didn't and punched me in the mouth.

Sicilan women are a sprecial breed.

Father had a gomorra. She knocked up to the house, that's a MASSIVE no. Wife beat the fuck outta him. It's accepted to have a mistress, just have them never call to your home. You keep that shit outside.

Then he lost his job as the government installed mafia, was a government architect.

At least I smuggled turtles back. Tiny soap containers.

This is off topic, just a cinema experience I had and well a weird Sicily one. I was at TLOTR film. Was the last one and i'd read the books as a kid.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Worst was the last film, it was ending after ending. Really trite shit. At least The Two towers had action.

Girl I sat beside, thought she was my girlfriend and told her her turn her phone off. Was even giving her sweets.

She went ballastic after. Why she didn't sit beside me, i'll never know. I thought it was hilarious. She didn't and punched me in the mouth.

Father had a gomorra. She knocked up to the house, that's a MASSIVE no. Wife beat the fuck outta him. It's accepted to have a mistress, just have them never call to your home. You keep that shit outside.

Then he lost his job as the government installed mafia, was a government architect.

This is off topic, just a cinema experience I had and well a weird Sicily one. I was at TLOTR film. Was the last one and i'd read the books as a kid.
nod-kermit-nod.gif

Ionian

I ain't lying my good man.

It happened. She also had a bullet hit the car, nearly killed her sister. Was a stray one by a dude on a moped.

They weren't the target. Crazy shit, i'm not making any of this up.

Wild shit but all true. I wish it wasn't.

My visit to Sicily, I was protected by her kickboxer/MMA cousin.

I bought him many beers. There was a danger her ex would kill me. He was just out off prison.

Ionian

Ionian Ionian we need a Netflix show with Louis Thereoux interviewing you and finding out about your life.

I'd do it! Have many the tale, season 2 could be Barcelona. That was wilder, constant violence. Was hosptialised there, when my mate was visting. Spent his whole visit in bed.

Was awful. Nurse said I had mnah mah. She meant pneumoia. I broke up laughing. Still hurt like fuck though. I wouldn't wish it on an any enemy.

I never learned Catalan apart from the basics. Easily the best city I ever lived.

Top destination for anyone wanting to visit Europe.

dem

I think this is going to totally bomb.

1st one wasn't anything great.. people were just hyped about 3D. Who the hell wants to sit through 3 hours of this crap?

Spaceman292

Banned
Hardly, we shall see. I said what I said. I haven't seen any hype for this irl. The kids just don't care about blue cat people. I've only seen hype on the internet from guys who splooge themselves over how much money avatar made.
There wasn't much hype for the first one either before it came out.

Spaceman292

Banned
I'm in my mid-forties.

I have maybe thirty years left of active life left before I'm either too fucked up to do anything, or dead.

I am not going to spend over three hours of those remaining years in a dark room with other people, watching Cameron's parade of indigenous smurfs wank their way around a non-existent CGI backdrop.

I might catch it on demand at some point.
ok boomer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Batiman

Banned
Hard for me to sit through long movies nowadays. I’m sure I’ll probably cave and go watch it with the fam. I though the first one was just average but I feel I have to see this for the spectacle alone..

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

I'm actually kind of pissed this wasn't a Fresh Prince pasta.

Cleared_Hot

Saw the first one with my wife on the theater. After having 3D glasses on that long we almost both fell over when we stood up.

This movie kinda had to be seen in the theater though due the full experience. Guess I better bring extra edibles then!
Strange because imax avatar was the one movie that I always remember being excellent 3d and not at all exhausting

Puscifer

This better be worth it. I watched the re-release in IMAX and loved it and understood why everyone went nuts all those years ago, but I'm seriously annoyed by how many films are longer than 2001 a Space Odyssey and not having anything worth that runtime.

Puscifer

Top Bottom