• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Predator Film In Development, Titled Badlands

INC

The original Predator was great and a 80s classic.

Every Predator film after that has been shite.

Predator 2 was still above average, opening shoot out is great, train scene was decent, warehouse section was a cool idea.

The end fight was pretty meh, guessing the budget run out.

Predator took the concept of the original and placed it in an urban environment, it understood the lore laid out, hot climate, rival factions where it could pick off the bedt warriors one by one, ie get trophies. So Predator is still a decent film, but a bit 90s overall

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I'm just going to assume

cartman-put-a-chick-in-it.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Predator 2 was still above average, opening shoot out is great, train scene was decent, warehouse section was a cool idea.

The end fight was pretty meh, guessing the budget run out.

Predator took the concept of the original and placed it in an urban environment, it understood the lore laid out, hot climate, rival factions where it could pick off the bedt warriors one by one, ie get trophies. So Predator is still a decent film, but a bit 90s overall

If I'm be generous then Predator 2 is average compared to the OG.

However, I'd say that Predator 2 is still better than what came after. 2018s The Predator being the absolute worst of the bunch.

Cyberpunkd

The only think I remember about Prey was how absolutely boring it was and I turned it off after 40 minutes when nothing was happening.

StueyDuck

much like i said in the new alien movie thread, i'll parrot the same sentiment here.

As much i love the IP and the original movies, this is another IP/Franchise that kind of just needs to go away for a while, much like alien, I just don't see what one could do to really make it any more interesting.

Prey was "different" but was it really? it was basically just a gender swap of the OG movie with nothing much else extra added.

Until someone has a genuinely interesting plan for these franchises, they really should just be put away for a while, there just isn't any chance that i am going to rush off and see this or the new alien movie on day 1 in theatres

Ironbunny

There are a so many interesting times in human history that could be used for a Predator plot. From Roman's, Gladiators and Spartans to WW1, WW2 or modern day Special Ops. The reward flintlock at the end of Predator 2 always made me hope for a pirate era Predator movie. Now I would like an idea of WW2 SS nazis, Soviets and Allied finding themself fighting a predator in the midst of war. Maybe in some German submarine base or remote command post.

LimanimaPT

We need a predator movie where humans invade the predator home world and hunt their leaders.
We don't need new Predator movies. We need to erase from our memories all Predator movies released since the first and destroy all copies in existence.

Top Bottom