• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Midnight/3AM on a Sunday night. It's probably a whole lot of nothing.

New Avengers feature about women behind glass.

ashley-johnson-avengers.jpg

ibr4QcPmXrdabY.jpg

FeD.nL

I don't know. He's just another Iron Man to me, and I'm one of those who loves Iron Man 2. Also I liked the actor playing War Machine (I don't remember his name) in Iron Man 1 - he just seemed cool. While the actor playing him now don't seem cool. And that's just what I feel, nothing wrong in that.

There I do agree. Even though I like Don, Terrence was better in every way.

That's the last time Rhodey was even remotely interesting. It's a shame at how underused he is along with War Machine. Part of me wouldn't care if they killed him off at this point. They act as if he's unimportant. Also not that big of a fan of Don as Rhodey. Acting aside, I prefer Terrence since he actually had some chemistry with Robert.

Bring back War Machine Mark 1 as well.

[IG]http://giant.gfycat.com/FailingNippyAlligator.gif[/IMG]

[IG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8808/17020943026_5f2be4875c_c.jpg[/IMG]

Yup, Mark 1 is just perfection in my eyes.

I never thought I would see someone say that. That fight was not bad but somewhat anticlimactic with no real sense of danger. And then it led to the even worse and more anticlimactic Whiplash fight... barf.

I agree on the Whiplash fight. But the drone sequence before that damn, that must have been the first time that I got really hyped during an MCU film by what's on screen. The banter between the two beforehand, than the remarks to each other during the fight and the conclusion with the one-off. It was such a good pay-off for the tease they did with Rhodey in the first IM.

But I am perhaps a bit biased because I love War Machine, and like sentient said it is a shame how underused he remains. And all the toys and the billing of Don Cheadle got me incredibly hyped.

AMUSIX

For anyone who doesn't want to watch, the new trailer shows a bit of an extension of the truck fight...and, frankly, I think I wish I hadn't seen it. It's not as bad as showing the Hulk catch, but it does show how an Avenger gets out of trouble.

Also, definitely more emphasis on Widow...looks like they're keeping the Widow-Cap connection.

okdakor

Something new in the "circle" scene too :
Quicksilver is in it

edit : already spotted... Is it just a case of unfinished CGI for the previous trailers, or Marvel is toying with fans ?

Pachimari

Seriously bad answer.

It happened to me right before Guardians came out. It's just your hype shutting down so the anticipation doesn't kill you. It's normal.

Yeah I guess so. Or maybe it's the Daredevil pulling all of my attention. I'm excited beyond belief for that show, and my excitement for Avengers will probably rise again closer to the premiere. And when I'm sure I'll have tickets.

Neoxon

Seriously bad answer.

Yeah I guess so. Or maybe it's the Daredevil pulling all of my attention. I'm excited beyond belief for that show, and my excitement for Avengers will probably rise again closer to the premiere. And when I'm sure I'll have tickets.
That happened to me during the Winter Soldier Hype Train.

J10

Banned
Like Iron Man, I am a fantastic multitasker. I manage to look forward to multiple Marvel projects at once.

You are more like Mr. Fantastic. You can only be excited for one thing at a time. And that's OK because you are probably more excited about the one thing than I am about all the things.

I like to keep it topical.

Pachimari

Oh man, I'm so excited to see what's up with the Wakanda people, and if Thor finds out what's going on in Asgard, and the whole thing about Black Widow's past.
I'm super excited about the movie, and by the way, War Machine is awesome and more of a superhero than Iron Man. And I love Falcon, so can't wait to see how large his role is.

JustinBB7

for other dutchies, my sister asked at Pathe and they are most likely going to do Avengers 1 and then 2 at midnight. So apparently that's in the works. Sounds good :D Not a super long 24 hour thing. Just 2 movies.

eastx

I agree on the Whiplash fight. But the drone sequence before that damn, that must have been the first time that I got really hyped during an MCU film by what's on screen. The banter between the two beforehand, than the remarks to each other during the fight and the conclusion with the one-off. It was such a good pay-off for the tease they did with Rhodey in the first IM.

But I am perhaps a bit biased because I love War Machine, and like sentient said it is a shame how underused he remains. And all the toys and the billing of Don Cheadle got me incredibly hyped.

Well, we can agree he is underused! I guess the drone fight is unexciting to me for the same reason much of the action in Iron Man 3 is unexciting. I just don't find remote-controlled robots/suits as interesting as sentient aggressors. But yeah, Iron Man and Rhodey had some nice banter in that sequence.

E the Shaggy

It's funny, with the War Machine drop, in so much as:

The rumor is essentially the post credit scene is a new Avengers team consisting of Rhodey, Cap, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Captain Marvel....which will immediately be disassembled in Civil War anyway.

for other dutchies, my sister asked at Pathe and they are most likely going to do Avengers 1 and then 2 at midnight. So apparently that's in the works. Sounds good :D Not a super long 24 hour thing. Just 2 movies.
They noted on Twitter that they'd be announcing something special regarding the tickets at the end of the week, so that's probably what that's gonna be! I was gonna be in for the midnight premiere, but this sweetens the deal even more!

Pachimari

Wonder what that announcement will be. I can't see it being something major like a broken Cap shield.

Maybe just the IMAX poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom