• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Interesting. The post-credits "troll" has been one of the more interesting features of phase 2. I think it's only Winter Soldier and debatably Thor 2 that had "proper" post-credits scenes, and it looks like the latter might get retconned.

...anyone else going to wait through the credits anyway?

I always wait, but what you call troll I can some of the best ones from marvel universe

screamed like a japanese schoolgirl when I saw the guardians one

Why would there be a new Betty Ross? Is Liv Tyler defintely out?

While I don't think we're getting a new Betty, I also think Liv Tyler's chances of being in another MCU movie are somewhere between slim and none.

The only time I really felt that she was Betty in Incredible Hulk was when she was screaming at the taxi driver.

tomtom94

Why do you think Thor 2's post credits scene is going to be retconned?

I don't know if this counts as spoiler tagging but I'm going to put it in them anyway, I guess?

Natalie Portman, by a lot of reports, is dead set against returning as Jane Foster, which would kind of render a "Thor and Jane get together and stay together" ending impossible. I think there was a rumour this would get addressed in Age of Ultron, actually. Maybe not retconned but definitely forgotten about / reversed.

danielcw

I don't know if this counts as spoiler tagging but I'm going to put it in them anyway, I guess?

Natalie Portman, by a lot of reports, is dead set against returning as Jane Foster, which would kind of render a "Thor and Jane get together and stay together" ending impossible. I think there was a rumour this would get addressed in Age of Ultron, actually. Maybe not retconned but definitely forgotten about / reversed.

Thank you.
But wouldn't recasting be an easier option?

Besides, I would like if she is gone or recast, because her German dubbing actress is already overused in the MCU

Look who Tony is talking to in the lower right corner.

You can also see that Rhodey has a HUD of his own in front of his face. Hope that means he actually gets some time inside the War Machine suit.

16450323884_2dc64c704f_b.jpg

danielcw

Searched for novelization spoilers and found two places but there's really not much there. One blog went on about Banner and Natasha's thing and that's sweet and all but both breakdowns have the book ending halfway through the movie story (before Hulkbuster fight even).

Wazzy

Banned
Personally disappointed if they don't do a traditional credit scene but I don't fully believe them so I'll just stick it out and see if there is one.

Also I hope Mockingbird meets Hawkeye at some point.

Gal Gadot was in the opening credits for Furious 7 and her only appearance was a picture so I don't know if him being on the list guarantees anything.
To be fair with that, I feel like she
was in the movie but was cut. The reason I say that is she posted a photo on instragram when they were filming Fast 7 and she was on set with a chair and if the photo was it she wouldn't be required to come back.

J10

Banned
My guess is the movie ends on a down note and something silly like the shawarma scene wouldn't suit it.

J10

Banned
But wouldn't the post main-on-end credits scene have an even bigger chance of not fitting the mood of the movie?

If it functions like an epilogue, no. It's just a to-be-continued kind of thing. The shawarma scene was just a gag with no real purpose.

TEJ

Does anybody know when reviews will be popping up?

Also I know that
anthony mackie
has been confirmed to be in but what about
sebastian stan
?

danielcw

If it functions like an epilogue, no. It's just a to-be-continued kind of thing. The shawarma scene was just a gag with no real purpose.

Yeah, but they could still have serious scene at the end, if they wanted to.
Both scenes in Winter Solider were serious for example.

Quick

Banned
I might be able to get the OT and Spoiler thread up by tonight or tomorrow. What do you guys think? The premiere is in five days, and we're technically within the one week thread posting rule.

Also, "If You Open This Thread, You're an Avenger" seems to be the top contender for the thread title. Speak now or forever hold your peace? :)

Did you guys actually pick a spoiler thread title? If not, I'm going to leave it up in the air - either I find one in here or the trailer thread, I make on up, or I leave it blank.

And because serious business is serious: "Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron" or just "Avengers: Age of Ultron"? I know this was somehow a serious issue in the Daredevil OT. I'm leaning on the latter.

Neoxon

I might be able to get the OT and Spoiler thread up by tonight or tomorrow. What do you guys think? The premiere is in five days, and we're technically within the one week thread posting rule.

Also, "If You Open This Thread, You're an Avenger" seems to be the top contender for the thread title. Speak now or forever hold your peace? :)

Did you guys actually pick a spoiler thread title? If not, I'm going to leave it up in the air - either I find one in here or the trailer thread, I make on up, or I leave it blank.

And because serious business is serious: "Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron" or just "Avengers: Age of Ultron"? I know this was somehow a serious issue in the Daredevil OT. I'm leaning on the latter.
Quicksilver Dies was what some of us agreed on for the Spoiler Thread, correct me if I'm wrong.

J10

Banned

Wait til the night of the premier. Tomorrow is still way early.

Quicksilver Dies for the spoiler thread.
Quicksilver Lives for the non spoiler thread.

Leave Marvel out the title.

Neoxon

Just to be safe, I'd put "Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron".

Anyway, I found this little gem. They messed up Pietro's hair, but it's still cute.
ObviousJaggedAfricangoldencat.gif

Neoxon

Yet, if Quicksilver does actually die, then people will get pissed that that was even a joke title.
You could use that logic for any of the Avengers without their own solo movies & aren't already confirmed for other films (I.E. both of the twins & Vision). But honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about Quicksilver. The MCU needs more superhumans, & it'd be a waste to kill one of them off in their first movie.

a916

This may be answered already, but what's the earliest that normal people can watch this? I know the press is going to be able to watch it tomorrow, but all the places in my area are airing it Thursday, April 30th at 7 at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom