• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Thanos
to appear in Age of Ultron after all??

Supposedly
Josh Brolin
has appeared in an updated cast listing.

Posted yesterday. I swear we knew this months ago though. There was an article somewhere.

This may be answered already, but what's the earliest that normal people can watch this? I know the press is going to be able to watch it tomorrow, but all the places in my area are airing it Thursday, April 30th at 7 at the earliest.

7pm for the earliest screenings by me as well.

Neoxon

This may be answered already, but what's the earliest that normal people can watch this? I know the press is going to be able to watch it tomorrow, but all the places in my area are airing it Thursday, April 30th at 7 at the earliest.
Depends on where you live.

You could use that logic for any of the Avengers without their own solo movies & aren't already confirmed for other films (I.E. both of the twins & Vision). But honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about Quicksilver. The MCU needs more superhumans, & it'd be a waste to kill one of them off in their first movie.
Eh, I'd agree that a "___ dies" in a title for a Spoiler thread should be avoided, even if it is a joke. Especially if there is a possibility that Quicksilver might die. "Thanos dies" or something like that is more reasonable IMO, since there is no chance of that happening.
Will reviews be online tomorrow?

i have a screening on the 20th.

BLACKLAC

Speculation.

I don't think Rhodey is making it out of this. If you hear him mention he left the military to join the Avengers, he's done. With all the War Machine toys they are pushing he probably goes out like a beast.

Neoxon

Speculation.

I don't think Rhodey is making it out of this. If you hear him mention he left the military to join the Avengers, he's done. With all the War Machine toys they are pushing he probably goes out like a beast.
If Rhodey dies, he better go out like a boss.

Pachimari

I'm glad to see Rhodey will suit up-but it makes me sad he's not an official Avenger.

He will suit up?
That will be so awesome, hopefully he wears the Iron Patriot armor or a new silver one. He can become such a cool character if Marvel just allow him to - he had potential in Iron Man 3.

Neoxon

He will suit up?
That will be so awesome, hopefully he wears the Iron Patriot armor or a new silver one. He can become such a cool character if Marvel just allow him to - he had potential in Iron Man 3.
He's gonna be War Machine. I'm guessing now that Norman Osborn is back in the fold, they're gonna save future use of the Iron Patriot armor for Norman.

BLACKLAC

d-ew-1359-1360-aprl172015.jpg

a-d-ew-1359-1360-aprl172015.jpg

danielcw

Quick said:
And because serious business is serious: "Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron" or just "Avengers: Age of Ultron"? I know this was somehow a serious issue in the Daredevil OT. I'm leaning on the latter.
What does the trailer announcer say?

Wait til the night of the premier. Tomorrow is still way early.
Considering that a bunch of spoilers might be coming soon, I think gaving a seperation early makes sense.

I think the only almost certain death is
Dr Cho
. Then again
Rhodey dying at the hands of Ultron, a thing Tony was largely responsible for could be the thing that puts him over the edge into powered folk being registered

Imagine a scene where a fully weaponized War Machine is unloading on a Vibranium-plated Ultron, as the robot calmly menacingly approaches like a T-800, completely unfazed by the onslaught

That could be pretty cool

Quick

Banned
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/08/cover-avengers-age-of-ultron

The latest EW article talks about Baron Strucker and how he relates to the Avengers and it pretty much confirms
JARVIS is transformed into Vison.

It goes without saying that if you want to avoid major spoilers, don't click the link.

That's what I figured would end up happening. I think it was a rumour from a year ago in any case. I'm curious about whether or not Stark would still then have JARVIS or something similar within his operations after turning him into Vision.

Side note: should I put up the Spoiler thread now/soon? Looks like we're getting into the thick of spoiler territory.

That's what I figured would end up happening. I think it was a rumour from a year ago in any case. I'm curious about whether or not Stark would still then have JARVIS or something similar within his operations after turning him into Vision.

Side note: should I put up the Spoiler thread now/soon? Looks like we're getting into the thick of spoiler territory.
Might as well post it up now. The entire story is up through the junior novelization and there seems to be more spoilers by the minute.

J10

Banned
Might as well post it up now. The entire story is up through the junior novelization and there seems to be more spoilers by the minute.

The entire story is NOT in the junior novel. Barely half of it. And I don't understand how the existence of spoilers dictates when the OT goes up.

The entire story is NOT in the junior novel. Barely half of it. And I don't understand how the existence of spoilers dictates when the OT goes up.
Isn't there going to be an OT and Spoiler thread? I thought he was referring to the Spoiler thread.

Imagine a scene where a fully weaponized War Machine is unloading on a Vibranium-plated Ultron, as the robot calmly menacingly approaches like a T-800, completely unfazed by the onslaught

That could be pretty cool

That would be pretty badass. And a great way to demonstrate just how crazy powerful Ultron has become. Just have him casually brush it off, then slaughter Rhodey.

It's the first time I see any AOU footage (but was a big fan of Avengers comics when i was a small boy, didn't like the first movie though, it wasnt Avengers enough for me), so I have a question..

That Scarlet Witch costume, is it supposed to stay like that, or will she have her "normal" costume later on in the movie?

Was this discussed?

She looks so plain..

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
It's the first time I see any AOU footage (but was a big fan of Avengers comics when i was a small boy, didn't like the first movie though, it wasnt Avengers enough for me), so I have a question..

That Scarlet Witch costume, is it supposed to stay like that, or will she have her "normal" costume later on in the movie?

Was this discussed?

She looks so plain..

Whedon has stated that she won't wear the tiara and tights in the film.

Potential Mid-Credit sequence spoiler:

An Ant-Man hand off would be smart business wise. Ant-Man is hardly registering with a lot of people I know and I don't think it's seen as a must see film by those who would normally go and see MCU movies.

If that's what it is.

Pachimari

New stills featuring Dr. Helen Cho:

nGa64ix.jpg

tVx99vR.jpg

She looks cute.
I hope she will play a larger role. And I wonder if her son will ever be introduced.

Btw, I'm sucking up all the spoilers I can about this movie and I don't know why, have never done that with any other movie. I literally feel like I know the whole movie, but I'm sure we only know a little part of it actually.

It's the contrary with Daredevil, I'm not reading anything, and is going in blind (besides the released trailers, tv spots and motion posters), and it's hard to stay away from the Daredevil OT but gotta remain strong wraaaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom