• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avowed Developers Confirm Game Has Multiple Endings: 'It's an Obsidian Game'

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Does this make it onto 'the list' then?, cant tell anymore.
185f211e-32a1-481e-bfd3-7a8742ae2295_text.gif

Ozriel

M$FT
The fact that the reputation of this game is so bad that Obsidian now feels the need to confirm basic features for open world games such as multiple endings.

Hmm. Let’s look at a few recent, well received Open world games.

NbjPOsn.jpg

Zelda TOTK has just one ending for all intents and purposes (has another secret additional post-credits ending, but doesn’t change the first).

‘Basic feature’ indeed. y’all just talking out the ass at this point.

Success

Hmm. Let’s look at a few recent, well received Open world games.

NbjPOsn.jpg

Zelda TOTK has just one ending for all intents and purposes (has another secret additional post-credits ending, but doesn’t change the first).

‘Basic feature’ indeed. y’all just talking out the ass at this point.

You are comparing Avowed to Horizon and Zelda TOTK?

How much is Microsoft paying you?

Stuart360

I wonder if the mods will ever clamp down on all these 'how much is MS paying you', ' look another shill' cringe posts on here.
I mean its getting to the point that unless you're absolutely bashing Xbox on here, you get accused of being a shill. Which in itself is funny when a lot of the people doing those posts are some of the biggest fanboys and shitposters on the forum.

Last edited:
Thread is a literal pity party victim mentality circle jerk.

Why not post about how this is great news counter to the treand of bad news the game has been receiving recently? You all need to grow up.

Anyway this is awesome for the game, this definitely helps quell some concerns about the scope of the game. Atleast for me anyway.

Stuart360

Thread is a literal pity party victim mentality circle jerk.

Why not post about how this is great news counter to the treand of bad news the game has been receiving recently? You all need to grow up.

Anyway this is awesome for the game, this definitely helps quell some concerns about the scope of the game. Atleast for me anyway.
Because there hasnt been any bad news really. A lot of the 'missing' features are stuff that was never promised in the first place, so how can it be missing?.
I mean a lot of rpg's only have a default character, some have multiple character options, its always been that way with rpg's. For some reason thats a bad thing with Avowed though, which the devs have already said its because of story reasons..
No romance options, well actually most rpg's dont have romance options, see what i mean?.

Its like unless Avowed is 500 hours long, has 50 races to chose from, you can romance the pet dog, well all it means that this has a 50k budget and is an Indie game and proof MS are leaving the console business blah blah.

I mean we all know this kind of scrutiny is just a normal and usual thing that happens on here with all upcoming games dont we, oh wait.

Its like enough already lol.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
You are comparing Avowed to Horizon and Zelda TOTK?

How much is Microsoft paying you?

Nah, you don’t get to wriggle away with this low IQ post. You just said multiple endings are an open world staple 🤣

Looking forward to you explaining how these aren’t open world.

Oh so it's an Obsidian game, so it needs multiple endings you know.

But what about romance ? What about races ? What about companions ?

I guess it's an Obsidian game only when it's convenient.

There are multiple endings in Grounded. No romance there. Multiple endings in Outer Worlds. No romance there. Multiple endings in Pentiment.

One of these things is common in their last few games and can be considered an Obsidian staple. The others aren’t.

What’s with all these uninformed posts these days?

What about companions ?

Erm, there are confirmed multiple companions? as seen in gameplay videos?

Facepalm

StereoVsn

We shall see what happens. I just don’t know if I trust Obsidian after Outer Worlds. The game was a tremendous disappointment.

Mister Wolf

I wonder if the mods will ever clamp down on all these 'how much is MS paying you', ' look another shill' cringe posts on here.
I mean its getting to the point that unless you're absolutely bashing Xbox on here, you get accused of being a shill. Which in itself is funny when a lot of the people doing those posts are some of the biggest fanboys and shitposters on the forum.

I use the vitriol to gauge how important an exclusive is going to be.

"Its an Obsidian game"

The subtext being that you don't have to worry about them trying stupid new shit that goes completely against their ethos, a la Starfield.

Bkdk

If this game won’t even have multiple endings then I wouldn’t even bother to play in game pass. What they showed it and most look like MS has acquired the failed piranha bytes team.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
We shall see what happens. I just don’t know if I trust Obsidian after Outer Worlds. The game was a tremendous disappointment.

Very much so. It is odd as Pentiment was incredibly well written, what I expect from Obsidian. Outer Worlds though was some of the worst written crap I experienced that year. StarField is Outer Worlds x10.

If it is written like PIllars of Eternity and Pentiment, I would have little to worry about. Sadly I am not too sure if that will be the case, especially given the bits of narrative they showcased in their demo from the big burly coward sounding like a Californian Zoomer whining about work.

Stuart360

If this game won’t even have multiple endings then I wouldn’t even bother to play in game pass. What they showed it and most look like MS has acquired the failed piranha bytes team.
You need to read the thread title again, it DOES have multiple endings.

That post sums up this place to a tee. Users are so used to negative Xbox news that they automaticly read thread titles as a negative lol.

Stuart360

Does anyone think i'm wrong if i'm expecting this to basically be The Outer Worlds but in a fantasy setting with magic and melee weapons over guns?.

I expect the same semi open world as OW, and the same Fallout/Elder Scrolls style gameplay loop as Outer Worlds already did.

I hope there is more to it than that obviosuly but i'm trying to keep expectations in check. Although i do hope and expect it to be a longer and bigger game than Outer Worlds with more dev time and MS money behind them. We have to remember that Obsidian funded OW themselves, and i feel OW was pretty damn good in that respect.

Because there hasnt been any bad news really. A lot of the 'missing' features are stuff that was never promised in the first place, so how can it be missing?.
I mean a lot of rpg's only have a default character, some have multiple character options, its always been that way with rpg's. For some reason thats a bad thing with Avowed though, which the devs have already said its because of story reasons..
No romance options, well actually most rpg's dont have romance options, see what i mean?.

Its like unless Avowed is 500 hours long, has 50 races to chose from, you can romance the pet dog, well all it means that this has a 50k budget and is an Indie game and proof MS are leaving the console business blah blah.

I mean we all know this kind of scrutiny is just a normal and usual thing that happens on here with all upcoming games dont we, oh wait.

Its like enough already lol.
Nothing against you personally, i value your opinion but i really dont want to get into this again.

The fact you have to go to such extremes to validate the game strongly suggests the folks identifying its short falls might be correct. I hope thats not the case personally but im a bit skeptical atm.

Kinda sucka for obsidian but due to being under the MS umbrella now they carry the baggage of previous shortcoming with them and with releases like BG3 its an uphill battle when they cant meet that expectation. Im sorry but it is what it is. Im will be happy to be proven wrong though, i would love to add another badass rpg to the catalog.

Where are the ‘extremes’ you saw in his post?
"Its like unless Avowed is 500 hours long, has 50 races to chose from, you can romance the pet dog, well all it means that this has a 50k budget and is an Indie game and proof MS are leaving the console business blah blah"

Ozriel

M$FT
"Its like unless Avowed is 500 hours long, has 50 races to chose from, you can romance the pet dog, well all it means that this has a 50k budget and is an Indie game and proof MS are leaving the console business blah blah"

In context, he’s talking about ridiculous level of nitpicking by posters he suspects are motivated by console bias.

Then you show up to pretty much say “the fact that you’re listing extreme nitpicks means the posters are likely correct”

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Does anyone think i'm wrong if i'm expecting this to basically be The Outer Worlds but in a fantasy setting with magic and melee weapons over guns?.

I expect the same semi open world as OW, and the same Fallout/Elder Scrolls style gameplay loop as Outer Worlds already did.

I hope there is more to it than that obviosuly but i'm trying to keep expectations in check. Although i do hope and expect it to be a longer and bigger game than Outer Worlds with more dev time and MS money behind them. We have to remember that Obsidian funded OW themselves, and i feel OW was pretty damn good in that respect.

That's what I expect with higher production values. Better story too because Obsidian are not making up the lore on the fly. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom