• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avowed Developers Confirm Game Has Multiple Endings: 'It's an Obsidian Game'

In context, he’s talking about ridiculous level of nitpicking by posters he suspects are motivated by console bias.

Then you show up to pretty much say “the fact that you’re listing extreme nitpicks means the posters are likely correct”

Baffling.
No, they are using extreme examples of nitpicking to validate their opinion.

Literally noone has said what they are suggesting. They had to dramatize it to make a point hence why i said using extreme examples to prove there point only reinforces statements to the contrary.

This is very typical deflection behavior when one feels they cant attack the argument. Loosely associated to a stawman. Because most would agree with the claims the user posted even though no one is actually arguing that.

Success

No, they are using extreme examples of nitpicking to validate their opinion.

Literally noone has said what they are suggesting. They had to dramatize it to make a point hence why i said using extreme examples to prove there point only reinforces statements to the contrary.

This is very typical deflection behavior when one feels they cant attack the argument. Loosely associated to a stawman. Because most would agree with the claims the user posted even though no one is actually arguing that.
Ozriel is just trolling you for the sake of trolling. We all know what you mean.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"You have to approach it with a degree of range, both in the spread and placement of those consequences and also the nature of those consequences," she says. "Some things need to have surprising but believable outcomes. If everything plays out exactly as you expect, it could feel a little boring. And at the same time, not every quest needs to have world-ending consequences. Some absolutely do have huge impacts for the characters in the world around you, but sometimes the story you're experiencing is just a very deeply personal one for the characters involved. And that's okay too.

"I think the great thing about RPGs is there's a lot of room for that spread in terms of the tone and type and scope and nature of content. And so you're giving players a big world where they can find a lot of very different experiences that all sort of add up to their experience as the protagonist of this game."

Sounds good.

Does anyone think i'm wrong if i'm expecting this to basically be The Outer Worlds but in a fantasy setting with magic and melee weapons over guns?.

I expect the same semi open world as OW, and the same Fallout/Elder Scrolls style gameplay loop as Outer Worlds already did.

I hope there is more to it than that obviosuly but i'm trying to keep expectations in check. Although i do hope and expect it to be a longer and bigger game than Outer Worlds with more dev time and MS money behind them. We have to remember that Obsidian funded OW themselves, and i feel OW was pretty damn good in that respect.

Sounds Good Season 4 GIF by The Office

Outer Worlds with higher production values and more fleshed out content sounds great to me.

Top Bottom