• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avowed - New Details & Game Lenght Revealed | Xbox Showcase 2023

Toots

Gold Member
Is it just me or did anyone felt like they were showing dark Messiah of might and magic 2 at first. The art style is kind of similar, there was a focus on the destructible environment and there’s the famous spartan kick which send enemies flying. And it is not a subtle way for me to say Avowed looks like a game from 15 years ago… i really thought they were showing dmm&m 2

Last edited:

Loope

I watched the trailer in 4K. It looks very similar to these screenshots. But I honestly don't think any of them look amazing, neither the screenshots, nor the trailer. I don't expect too much from this game at the moment.
So you judging your expectations of a Obsidian game, no less, on the game graphics?

MarkMe2525

Idk about this game. Skyrim was the only fantasy property that I have ever been able to get into. I would have been down to spend a little time with it if it was pushing visuals on the XSX, but this is obviously not the case.

Game play looks amazing. Graphically, this looks old. Unless that is a "creative" decision. Too soon?
Well, it was a creative decision. They are the ones that built the art and produced the trailer. Looked bad to me, but maybe if you are really into these types of games it would appeal to you.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Idk about this game. Skyrim was the only fantasy property that I have ever been able to get into. I would have been down to spend a little time with it if it was pushing visuals on the XSX, but this is obviously not the case.

Well, it was a creative decision. They are the ones that built the art and produced the trailer. Looked bad to me, but maybe if you are really into these types of games it would appeal to you.
I am into these types of games. I am not NOT going to play a game because it doesn't appeal to me graphically. I do wish it looked more "next gen". Or, I guess current gen. It takes me forever to stop staying next gen!

Riky

$MSFT
Devs are taking no prisoners with the idiots on twitter😂
hKQ4OQM.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
There's a few simple resons for why I'm somewhat hopeful for Avowed:

(y) Obsidian has a a relatively good legacy
(y) It's not The Outer Worlds
(y) They're now on UE5, and so there's a good chance we can enter buildings without loading screens so-to-speak..

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
There's a few simple resons for why I'm somewhat hopeful for Avowed:

(y) Obsidian has a a relatively good legacy
(y) It's not The Outer Worlds
(y) They're now on UE5, and so there's a good chance we can enter buildings without loading screens so-to-speak..
It's hard to believe this is UE5 from looking at it. I wonder if they are planning to move to UE5 down the road and that's why they are saying that.

Top Bottom