• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate 3 or Starfield?

Which one will you be playing first?

• I will be playing Baldurs Gate 3, love Larian

• will be holding out for Starfield, more excited for that

• I will try and finish BG3 in a week and play starfield after

• I’m not interested in either, waiting on Silksong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sentenza

Early access with chapters sprinkled here and there, nowhere near close to full game
Early access with the first chapter (well, Act) alone, actually.
And not even a complete one. The final part of Act 1 is still missing.

To be clear this is by design and it has nothing to do with being late on a schedule.
They didn't want to release the game piece by piece and they always said from the beginning that until the proper release the EA build would remain limited to the first Act.

They did the same exact thing with DOS 1 and 2.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I will play Baldurs Gate. Starfield is interesting, but there is a whole week in between and i can start plying it on GamePass whenever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Zuzu

Baldur’s Gate will most likely be the better ‘pure’ rpg wrt to choice and consequence and character building but Starfield will outmatch it when it comes to world exploration and the scope of things you can do. I prefer fps gameplay over turn based isometric combat systems so I think Starfield’s core combat gameplay will be more fun for me as well.

No, it won't.
Larian is known (or "notorious" if you prefer) for being incredibly conservative with discounts and extremely wary of devaluing their games. It took more than 2 years after release (on top of more than a year of Early Access) for DOS 2 to get its first 40% discount on Steam.
On top of that, Bg3 is projected to be a giant seller by their standards (DOS 2 peaked at 15K concurrent users in EA, only to sell two millions in the first two months at release; meanwhile BG3 climbed at almost 90K concurrent users as soon as its EA started and it's rumored to be past the two millions total sales already) so they are in no rush whatsoever to lower their price.

Are you mad because people here aren't picking what you think should be the most popular option?

Digitally maybe where prices are more controlled, but on disk retailers set the price based on excess inventory and I'd bet that a 5 mo old game will not be $70 on Amazon in December. But if its not, then I'll buy it then at full price. I just don't want to buy a game for $70 and not play it for a few months while I'm playing another game.

BG3, only because I work 10 hour shifts at my home office pc. Not going to spend time there , although I would in the past due to mods, but not worth it now.
I want to play starfeild and can(3060ti so its no prob), but I will need to stream it to steam link, or play it on steam deck (if it works).

No way am I wasting money on a xbss.
I'll wait for it though. I would of gotten it day 1.

BG3, all the way. Besides I will probably still be working on diablo4, FF16 and countless other games then. Hell, I still haven't even finished BOTW or unwrapped TOTK yet. Along with needing to beat fire emblem engage, p5royal, Triangle strategy Octopath 2, and countless more.

Fuz

Banned
I love to death Divinity 1 and 2, but I wanted Baldur's Gate 3 to be Baldur's Gate 3, not Divinity 3.

So, Starfield.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
but I will need to stream it to steam link, or play it on steam deck (if it works).
todd-howard-it-just-works.gif

Top Bottom