• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III | OT | Bear in Mind, Your Choices Have Consequences

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m still at the point where I just need to walk to the next area to start the second act. I’ve been there for a few months now. I just can’t seem to boot this game up again.

I don’t even remember anyone’s name.

Last edited:
Stalled on the first playthrough because of Cyberpunk 2.0 and I was save scumming like crazy.
But really getting into it now with my soon to be oath breaker Paladin. Having the custom difficulty is instrumental for me coming to grasp with the combat. Oh and limiting the aurosaves and quicksaves to just slots each with only one main save. Whatever happens, happens now.
Cant believe how much I missed in act 1 on that first playthrough.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m still at the point where I just need to walk to the next area to start the second act. I’ve been there for a few months now. I just can’t seem to boot this game up again.

I don’t even remember anyone’s name.
I have twice gotten about the same amount then drop the game in act one. I’m pretty sure it’s the about to hit act 2 phase.

50 hours and I lose interest.

niilokin

Really don't like what they did with Sarevok's character... he deserved better
than being put back as his first game self ^ 2
. He was fucking epic in ToB after having given up his Bhaal essence, like a deep thinking dark warrior regardless if he was redeemed or not... he was past being
a murder god fanatic

Last edited:
Some 40 hrs in. Playing it in coop.

Am enjoying it. But do have some complaints. Mostly because BG2 is one of my favourites and recently finished DOS2 as well. So comparing them to this one is apt.

Biggest one is, its still not feeling as epic as either of them. Despite being very high budget title. Slow start i guess.

ebevan91

Made a new character, a sorcerer, and

Raided the grove. Feels bad man. Karlach gone, Wyll gone, Gale gone. Never even met Halsin. Got a nice scene with Minthara though :)

sigmaZ

Gold Member
I think it's a very common place to stop. End of Act 2 is kind of epic and then start of Act 3 it goes slow again.
Act 2 feels a bit like an endgame in some regards making beginning of Act 3 a bit slow and "no so interesting". I always get a lack of interest around there but it comes back when progressing into it.
That's the power of pacing and why so many games and movies fail the third act. The third act is meant to be where a story winds downs and ends. It naturally happens after a climax.
FF16 had a similar problem.
To make a third at work like that its better if you run off the energy of the climax and get to the ending before the momentum dies. Best you can do in BG3 is hype yourself through it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

I've been seriously considering the physical version of this for months now, but I really worry I won't like it due to not liking divinity original sin 1 :(

80hrs in. Reached shadowlands.

This area is really cool.

Act 1 was surprisingly generic for such a high profile rpg. Never found the setting or conflict there interesting.

But now, its way more interesting. Especially once you meet the returning character. *wink wink*

I've been seriously considering the physical version of this for months now, but I really worry I won't like it due to not liking divinity original sin 1 :(
Try the digital version and refund it before the time limit.

Finally beat this massive beast of a game, gorious all the way through but I'm glad I waited cause the ending still felt a little rushed even with the added epilogue.

Now it's time for a dark urge playthrough, WITH MODS!

anthony2690

Try the digital version and refund it before the time limit.

Finally beat this massive beast of a game, gorious all the way through but I'm glad I waited cause the ending still felt a little rushed even with the added epilogue.

Now it's time for a dark urge playthrough, WITH MODS!
I really want the physical version, I've looked into the game more since my post and think I'd really enjoy it a lot tbh, hopefully the physical version isn't a timed thing, and I'll nab it in the future 😁

But currently can't justify dropping the £80+ odd it would cost 🥲

All my spare funds are going on clothes and shoes (I literally destroy a pair each month from all the walking I do, currently at 550km+ for this month) & I literally joined the gym this month too, as I want to try build muscle after losing near 10 stone, maybe next month I'll finally order it😁

But I can't wait to get round too it, a work mate has hyped it up to the stratosphere in the last few months 💪

Top Bottom