• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ballers of NeoGaf, How are you liking your Apple Vision Pro?

MarkMe2525

Now that some of you have it in your hands, how has the experience been? I know that gaming is an afterthought for the device, but have you had fun with what is available? Do you believe the fidelity of the hand tracking will be able to deliver some unique gaming experiences?

Imtjnotu

crickets GIF

Brock2621

It's simply the most impressive piece of consumer tech I've ever personally experienced. I've been walking around my house, making coffee, with YouTube streaming stocks, FaceTime calls, emails, slack messages and iMessages all in floating windows all around me. Soft ChillHop turned down and bumping for ambience, and when sitting on my couch I mirror my laptop and pull it in to do some editing while on top of a mountain by fading it in all around me.

Only thing that doesn't quite land is reading my phone and watch screens. They are kinda fuzzy and it's hard to make out. But most of the main notifications (iMessage, Email, Slack messages etc.) come through on the Vision Pro so I don't miss them.

Last edited:

avin

Everyone posting in this thread will be first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

avin

P.S. yes, I see what happened to me there, but I consider it a small price to pay.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

It's simply the most impressive piece of consumer tech I've ever personally experienced. I've been walking around my house, making coffee, with YouTube streaming stocks, FaceTime calls, emails, slack messages and iMessages all in floating windows all around me. Soft ChillHop turned down and bumping for ambience, and when sitting on my couch I mirror my laptop and pull it in to do some editing while on top of a mountain by fading it in all around me.

Only thing that doesn't quite land is reading my phone and watch screens. They are kinda fuzzy and it's hard to make out. But most of the main notifications (iMessage, Email, Slack messages etc.) come through on the Vision Pro so I don't miss them.
Sounds like I what I want my Quest 3 to be sometimes, it just misses the mark. Gaming is awesome on it though.

XXL

I may buy it eventually, but I'm torn... I'm thinking the smarter move might be waiting for the revision or next version of the headset.

But I want to try it for myself, before I make the decision.

Last edited:

Brock2621

Sounds like I what I want my Quest 3 to be sometimes, it just misses the mark. Gaming is awesome on it though.
Yeah imma pick up Death Standing on the Mac App Store and blow it up onto a massive virtual screen on the moon and play with a DualSense. I just gotta get through some more work and I'll dive in. I'm looking forward to it. Mario movie in 3D was bonkers wild. I never want to go to the theater and wear those stupid glasses again

Last edited:
Top Bottom