• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco records highest net sales to date in 2023. Armored Core 6, Tekken 8 and Elden Ring perform well

Draugoth

Gold Member
Bandai Namco Holdings company logo
Bandai Namco Holdings have published their consolidated financial report for the past fiscal year (from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024). In the 2023 fiscal year, the company recorded its highest net sales and net income to date, but saw a 22.1% year-over-year decrease in operating profit.

Net sales: 1,050,210 million yen (up by 6.1%)
Operating income: 90,682 million yen (down by 22.1%)
Ordinary income: 104,164 million yen (down by 18.6%)
Final income: 101,493 million yen (up by 12.3%)

According to Bandai Namco’s presentation, the company’s net sales and net income exceeded 1 trillion yen and 100 billion yen respectively in the past year, setting a new record. The biggest contributors to these figures were products and services related to IPs such as Gundam, Dragon Ball and One Piece. Bandai Namco’s best performing businesses were its Toy and Hobby sector and Amusement sector, while its Digital Business sector (i.e. video game sector) saw a year-over-year decrease in profit. Losses are attributed to a newly launched online game largely underperforming, as well as Bandai Namco disposing of titles on their lineup.

At the same time, the report highlights the strong performance of mobile apps and video game titles such as Armored Core 6, Tekken 8 and Elden Ring. Repeat sales of Elden Ring, which released back in 2022, exceeded expectations thanks to the announcement of the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC. Bandai Namco’s goal for the following year is to balance out their portfolio and focus on developing high quality titles.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Sounds like they are in deep shit if FromSoftware decides to self publish.
I came here to say this. As cool as the core game of Tekken 8 is, they decided to drag it to the depths by announcing a battle pass and locking 80% of the customization behind the tekken shop with their in game currency, which contains items that used to be included in previous tekken games. I paid 100 dollars for this game and don't even have the battle pass or customization items.

Last edited:
For most part FROM did self publish for Japan while Namco and Activision published for west.
Speaking of that I always found it interesting that the PEGI console versions of The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4 and XBO) were distributed by Bandai Namco. :p

I have two friends who worked at an European branch of Bandai Namco and they had some perks like picking free games from the ones Bamco published so they chose Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4. Little did they know... XD

uN6ji4w.png

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Bandai Namco’s goal for the following year is to balance out their portfolio and focus on developing high quality titles.
Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing what their new Nintendo focused studios are making. Next Smash Bros. maybe?

Armored Core 6 is a fucking masterpiece, Bloodborne moment of this generation. (yes it is a cross gen game I know). Love to see it had great success.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Japanese games doing well

Western games are failing.

None of these games are even GaaS games.

This is what you get when you hire useless woke pink hair idiots and make character either ugly or fat for the sake of promoting them as the norm which is uninspiring and unappealing. Or promote gender equality where it’s not necessary and not needed even in video games just to make these sick fucks happy.

Then they cry like a bitch when games are not selling and they are closing studios. Keep it up western media . Let’s see for how long the western forced agenda will last.

From the look of it. Not much longer too.

So far more than 3000 employees been fired in western video game industry/ environment if not more within the last 12 months alone.

hell. Even Sony is like fuck if and promoted stellar blade despite the shitty woke western journalists crying and trying to diss and even tried to give the game a lower score than what it deserve ( looking at you gayIGN ) . Yet it sold very well and just showed how useless these journalists are and what they say has no matter and no one gives a fuck about them.

I would love to see the tears of that retarded French ign idiot banging his head when he say the game selling well.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Just imagine how much more they could have made if they released more live service games

200w.gif

Honestly? Elden Ring is pretty live service-y already. It wouldn't take much tinkering with the Souls formula to adapt to a slightly more service-oriented posture. People would pay out the ass for non-stat boost cosmetics.

It's coming at some point, I'd bet (not to Elden Ring, but to some Souls game at some point).

nial

Gold Member
I would want to know what was the involvement from Bandai Namco Entertainment in Armored Core VI outside of publishing it in the West.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would want to know what was the involvement from Bandai Namco Entertainment in Armored Core VI outside of publishing it in the West.
Same as Elden Ring, Namco does the publishing and marketing for west.

nial

Gold Member
Same as Elden Ring, Namco does the publishing and marketing for west.
I always thought that at the very least, they contributed a lot of funding into Elden Ring's development as they used to own (or co-own) the IP, and heck, were probably even getting George R.R. Martin aboard.
But with Armored Core VI? That honestly looks to be FromSoftware's own doing.

Danjin44

I always thought that at the very least, they contributed a lot of funding into Elden Ring's development as they used to own (or co-own) the IP, and heck, were probably even getting George R.R. Martin aboard.
But with Armored Core VI? That honestly looks to be FromSoftware's own doing.
Of course it is, FROM wanted to make new AC for long time....they still very much care about this series.

nial

Gold Member
Of course it is, FROM wanted to make new AC for long time....they still very much care about this series.
Yeah, that's where I was getting, it would just feel wrong crediting Bandai Namco over it.
It would be like crediting Sony for publishing the Nioh games outside of Japan.

ByWatterson

WHAT!? what part of Elden Ring makes it "live service-y"? The game getting one and only expansion.

The way in which players coop, explore the world, etc. PVP clashes with PVE, there is loot to get, etc.

It's not a live service. But it has some bones that would lend themselves to it.

Danjin44

The way in which players coop, explore the world, etc. PVP clashes with PVE, there is loot to get, etc.

It's not a live service. But it has some bones that would lend themselves to it.
With that logic any game can be "live service-y" heck you even can turn Armored Core to live service game if you want......that doesn't mean you should.

Thankfully FROM are not that type developers.

dotnotbot

Capcom with record financial results and now Bandai Namco. The only real crisis we are witnessing in gaming industry is competence crisis among big western companies, the rest is doing fine.

Top Bottom